UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but an answer in the latest (Trek) DST Q&A hints at the possiblilty of Ghostbusters promo.

5) One of the main reasons for the comic con promotions or give away is PROMTION so we use it to kick off a line or a new part of a line, something like that. Like it or not for us Trek is at a point where it should be a more mature line, so we’d use those marketing dollars on something new to the marketplace like Ghostbusters.

Maybe not for SDCC or convention season, though. 'Santa Slimer' has a nice ring to it. 'Gozer Elf'? 'Snowman Stay-Puft'? 'Venkman the Red-Nosed Reindeer'?

Still nothing on these eh? I hit up my TRU here in Salt Lake City.. I knew I wouldn't find anything but I just had to go see for myself. I wish we had a date on these so I could just put it out of my head until its time.. :P

I love the feeling of hitting up a LCS or TRU or whatever.. no fore knowledge of what is in stock and then BAMO!! you hit the jackpot.. I think I like that part of collecting even more than the display.

Vox ain't 'fraid a no ghost!

Does anybody know what happened to series 1 of them on TRU's website they arnt even there :(

I think you may be right about early July. While frantically scouring TRUs searching for BSG and Marvel (did manage to score a Bullseye/Moonstone!), I talked with too many CS rep.s. While no-one could give me a clear answer about BSG, one guy who was doing a search said "we've got Terminator and it looks like Ghostbusters will be arriving soon". While it wasn't the info. I was looking for, it was good-news none-the-less. I imagine we'll be hearing reports of sightings or received pre-orders within the next 2-3 weeks (and I hope it's me doing it!). ;)

Well my CBS guy confirmed the GBs 4-pack arriving July 2nd (July 1st is Canada day here). Looks like you americans get first dibbs on them July 1st. Lucky bastards.

Sweet! One of the comic shops I've been trying to hit up said they had a case ordered, but didn't have a date. The guy told me it wasn't on their list (I asked last Saturday) so the earliest would be July first. The last couple days I've been trying to get confirmation, but I seem to keep getting some other guy that simply says "they were in the last Previews, so probably some time next month." I wanted so much to strangle the punk kid and tell him that the next shipment IS next month and to check his damned list...

I believe DST Tim or Matt said they were trying to ship out the minimates to LCS and TRU at the same time. my guess is we will see the TRU ones pretty soon. I mean the got terminator pretty close but we got the wolvy mates early and the latest wave late, but in either case it was only by a few weeks.

any guess on where they will be? i have been looking at next to the spawn toys, and hellboy stuff because that seems like higher end older collector stuff, IE not kids toy like pokimon or that other crap.

I'm not sure when Mattel's GB line is supposed to hit, but I assumed that it would be near that. However, my local TRU has Marvel and T2 located together in the "Marvel aisle" (T2 figures are by Trek, Star Wars, etc...2 aisles away!), so there's no telling where these geniuses will put them. For all I know, they could already be there by "Littlest Pet-Shop"! <_<

Yeah, unless things have changed the Ghostubuster 6 and 12 inch figures will be online exclusives, and will be released one at a time similar to the He-Man figures.

Whoops, that's right! I had just been seeing "Mattell Ghostbusters" and making poor assumptions without ever actually reading the info. (trying to curb my 6 and up" collections in favor of smaller scales). :blush: I do think that these would do fairly well at retail though. I hope my ignorant post didn't misguide anyone. Perhaps it does make more sense to lump all of the retail 'mates together if they don't all have 'sister-lines'. My apologies; carry-on.

I rented the Ghostbusters video game for PS3 this weekend and as a fan of the movie and a casual gamer it is a blast!! I nabbed Slimer, torched Stay Puft and tracked down the librarian ghost.. really fun pullin' in the ghosts.. kind of like fishing. With all the actors voices in it.. it feels more like the 3rd movie and you get to be in it. just my two cents.

It really makes me look forward to the minis all that much more!!!

Do you love The Simpsons? Love Ghostbusters? Check this out.

This is very awesome... I've seen some crappy Simpsons fan art in my day and this, this guys knows what he's doing! They look like actual guest star designs would.

Also he has Marvel and DC characters in the Simpsons style, so we can use this site to see what the Ghostbuster and Batman will look like in the same style while waiting for TRU to get on the ball!