UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that the TRU exclusives are now available from BBTS for $14 each. I wonder if they are just buying up a bunch of TRU pre-orders, plan on cleaning out all of their nearby TRUs (as they have been known to do in the past), or have a special deal with TRU to handle these. . .

I noticed that the TRU exclusives are now available from BBTS for $14 each. I wonder if they are just buying up a bunch of TRU pre-orders, plan on cleaning out all of their nearby TRUs (as they have been known to do in the past), or have a special deal with TRU to handle these. . .

I posted a bit about this the other day, but I doubt it's a deal with TRU if they're adding 100% profit on top of the original price. When I first saw them up for pre-order there were about 30 of each pack available, so I'm thinking it's most likely they've got a bunch preordered from TRU.com, but who knows. I didn't realize BBTS had actually scalped local TRUs in the past -- for what?

Various store exclusives, though one of the most infamous was probably Masterpiece Starscream, which they apparently cleared out of nearby stores and jacked up the price $30 or so for each. They claimed that they were providing a "service" to international buyers who couldn't get them themselves.

Some service, I say.

While I've relied on BBTS myself many times, I'm just glad I don't live in their 'neck-of-the-woods'! They've probably got quite a nasty rep. from the local collectors.

I have a hard time believing that series 1 already sold out. Actually, I have a hard time believe that all 5 sets sold out at the same time. I tend to think they just took them off of their site for some reason and that they'll show up soon. At least that's my hope.

This may or may not be related, but I got an email from TRU about GB wave 1 today. The email said that wave 1 is on backorder. When I checked my account for more information, it said that the wave 2 items I preordered are on hold until the realease date of 6/10/09 (today). So basically, I think this might be one of those times when a highly caffeinated monkey was put in charge.

We've got static links to all the TRU stuff over at MMHQ, so you can just keep checking the link to see when its back in stock.

I take that back.

I just checked the links, and these things are completely gone. By comparison, when Marvel's Tony Stark/Stealth Iron Man set sold out, you could still open the link if you knew it and see the same page. With these, they're just gone.

This may or may not be related, but I got an email from TRU about GB wave 1 today. The email said that wave 1 is on backorder. When I checked my account for more information, it said that the wave 2 items I preordered are on hold until the realease date of 6/10/09 (today). So basically, I think this might be one of those times when a highly caffeinated monkey was put in charge.

Now I'm recalling how completely inept TRU.com is at pretty much everything. They frequently cancel orders for no good reason from time to time (things that remain "in stock" on the web site).

On the other hand, if the speculation by some that BBTS tried to buy out much of their online stock is true, then this could also account for their pre-orders selling out so quickly. I would hope that TRU wouldn't allow BBTS to do such a thing, but they probably don't care.

On the other hand, if the speculation by some that BBTS tried to buy out much of their online stock is true, then this could also account for their pre-orders selling out so quickly. I would hope that TRU wouldn't allow BBTS to do such a thing, but they probably don't care.

They get paid either way, so who cares if the product goes to a third party who will screw collectors with a markup or to the collectors themselves?

On a somewhat related note, I think the Ghostbusters Kubs have better likenesses, for the most part. Plus, they aren't overly bulky. Much as I'm looking forward to the Minimates. I have to have the Kubricks, as well.

post-1827-1244664007_thumb.jpg

Okay, who's going to get the no-prize for finding these first? If they had a June 10 date for the website, the stores can't be far behind...

OH there is a prize for winning this game, ghostbuster minimates!

Today is the 10th anyone been to TRU today?

I'm going in a few minutes. Though my local TRU still doesn't have T2'mates yet (found them at another TRU), so I don't expect much (for another few weeks) even if these are spotted on the coasts. Good-Luck guys!

I wonder what the chances of getting an Ecto-1 will be next year if these sell out like crazy.

Damn, I want everyone of these ghostbusters.. I hope they made enough. Did we ever get confirmation that they would be in stores in June? Or was it implied by the online dates?

Vox