UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

TRU has them up for pre-order now

And, even bigger news, THEY'RE SHOWING SERIES 2!

I didn't see that coming.

From TRU's website:

When there's something strange in your neighborhood, who you gonna call? Ghostbusters! Making their Minimate debut, this assortment features the stars of Ghostbusters and your favorite terrifying ghosts! This series features 2 packs of Stay Puft Marshmallow Man & Ray, Jogger Ghost & Labcoat Egon, Slimer & Louis, and two 2-packs exclusive to Toys R Us - Taxi Ghost & Winston and Energized Terror Dog & Peter.

Edited by groundhog7s

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Ha! Ha! I guess we know what happenned to Burgess Meredith (Mickey minimate from Rocky series 1) after he died. He became the Taxi Ghost! Nice reuse of parts DST. And kudos on the Jogger Ghost as well.

Man, they sure are banking on these doing well. Despite the incredible popularity of Ghostbusters, I'm a bit surprised to see this much announced without testing the waters first, and seeing how the first few releases sell.

Lab coat Egon is my favorite of the newly announced figures, though they all rock.

Edited by karamazov80

Holy hotdog they are really going balls to the walls here....I mean these are going to be popular but there has not been one release yet and there are already a whole pile of them ready to go...I love it and cant wait to get them!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I really like all the ghosts i think they came out really nice in minimate form. I wonder if i should just skip the box sets and just get the 2-packs. Cause I never liked louis and dana minimates, and i always felt gozer looked kinda dumb. I think all the 2-pack ghost are allot cooler, but way to many gb variants.....

maybe they could make a statue of liberty minimate.... ;-p

Edited by Ray

Man, they sure are banking on these doing well. Despite the incredible popularity of Ghostbusters, I'm a bit surprised to see this much announced without testing the waters first, and seeing how the first few releases sell.

no kidding. and from what I gathered looking around at their website, TRU isn't planning on selling any other ghostbusters stuff. so that means no anchor toys. I mean, if you go to the marvel minimates and look around, they're surrounded by bigger, more space consuming toys to initially get people's attention, then BAM! you find these (in)glorious little bastards. but I remember at my local TRU when the speed racer and SF mates were released, they were tossed into the clearance isle when they were first stocked, though they clearly were not on clearance.

That's awesome! It does seem like you can get all from these 2-packs except Dana, Luis, and Gozer (but I need these). Still no Janine, however perhaps there is a third Series (or exclusive) as TRU has "lab coat Egon" which hasn't been seen before, yet they make no mention of him being an exclusive (though packaging-wise I suppose they're all excl.) like they do with the Venkman and Ray packs. Just a thought.

Just happend on the TRU stuff when I was lookin' for that Secret Wars poll to vote (some more) for Molecule Man.

Those ghosts look great!

That's awesome! It does seem like you can get all from these 2-packs except Dana, Luis, and Gozer (but I need these). Still no Janine, however perhaps there is a third Series (or exclusive) as TRU has "lab coat Egon" which hasn't been seen before, yet they make no mention of him being an exclusive (though packaging-wise I suppose they're all excl.) like they do with the Venkman and Ray packs. Just a thought.

I hope we get a Louis with the strainer on his head that Egon's turned into some kind of brain scanner.

hahah

Ok, so am I missing something or is there no variant pack with these waves? I don't remember seeing anything about that in this thread.....forgive me, I've been drinking.........seriously. :P

The waves are TRU exclusives. Therefore no variant packs. The actual Specialty-shop sets are Boxed Sets.

Though there are no variant packs that we know of, it is still unclear which TRU 'Mates are re-releases and which will be exclusives. Some are obviously TRU exclusives (librarian), whereas others look like their box set counterparts, but might be slightly different. We will have to wait and see. . .

I really wanted to get 2 of each set and pack with these to keep one unopened, but with all these releases, it would get really pricey really fast. Not sure if I can swing it or not.

If we have 10 TRU sets, 2 other 2 packs, each at $7.00 (before taxes/shipping), and 2 box sets (though I suspect we will hear of more) at $16 or so, that's around $120 right there. 2 sets would be nearly $250. :(

Oh, yeah. Just another $130 on top of that :P

I don't know bout y'all but I think these may be worth working some overtime to be able to afford these, they are straight up awesome! Especialy the Amazon set!

Edited by Fo Shizzle

I really want to be on board with these but I can't bring myself to get excited about them. Maybe when I see them on a shelf it will change. There is no way to convince myself that it's worth spending $130 on an Xbox game for minimates. I can not afford to buy $60 games much less $130 ones.

Edited by minimadman