UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Art Asylum's cartoon poster has the buys in tan uniforms. It's really disappointing. I don't know if they plan on releasing corrected versions later, but for every other product in the history of Ghostbusters to have tan outfits and not these, it's just curious.

When you say every product ever, are you just talking about the Mattel/Kubrick prototypes, or something else? Because otherwise it's just 2 products vs. 1 product, which means DST aren't really bucking some longstanding tradition...

The "problem" is DST/AA are extremely accurate with their moviemates. They clearly use set photos and screencaps to design from, but in GB there's the actual gray* color of the uniforms (as seen in photos and daytime scenes) and there's the slightly tan look they take on in darker scenes like night scenes and murky interiors (ie. most of the movie).

It bothered me a bit when I first saw them too, but it's accurate, so I'm not sure it's something they have to correct. Also, most toys do look a little darker when they're not being photographed under bright lights and camera flashes, as they are in proto/product shots and convention pics... so maybe they'll look a little better to you (if not perfect) on your shelf, with less lighting. Or maybe not, who knows...

*post-1800-1242945289_thumb.png

Mattel has only shown prototypes thus far and only Spengler was painted. He was a light brown.

Actually...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/Brad.../sdcc09egon.jpg

His jumpsuit color is pretty close to the minimate's.

I'm glad they're doing the correct colors, it always drove me crazy when they were colored light-brown. Heck, looking at the theatrical poster I have hung up in my room, they have the gray colors.

Putting the color issue aside for the moment, do we know if the proton packs still have a string attaching the thrower to the pack? It was mentioned in a recent blog on AA's site, but I haven't seen the string in any of the promo shots.

I'm actually quite curious about this myself. I wonder if this was scrapped?

When I spoke of other product, I was also including the Halloween costumes and really any sort of artwork.

Halloween costumes aren't exactly the best thing to go by...especially if they have an additional no-ghost patch in place of the nametag. :P

As for artwork, that's been a mixed bag. In the Legion comic book series, the jumpsuits were a blue-ish gray while in the recent Other Side series, it went from deep tan to being "olive". Promotional material for the first movie have them as gray-ish colors.

If anything, the merchandise up until now have been rather inconsistent with jumpsuit colors. :lol:

EDIT: Looking at the packaging pics now, the colors aren't as bright as they are in the promo pics. Gah.

EDIT:

Maybe it's not right, but we as a fandom have agreed that the suits are tan.

Actually, the fandom generally agrees that the jumpsuits are khaki in color, as evidenced by the GB prop-building site GBFans.

Edited by Brad Redfield

When I spoke of other product, I was also including the Halloween costumes and really any sort of artwork.

Ah, gotcha. Had me worried I'd missed out on some other toy versions...

I do get why it bothers you, as I said for most of the movie we see the costumes in darker lighting so we think of that as the color, and fans take their cues from that with making costumes etc. Like the bulky chests though, it's just not enough to turn me off the line... I never thought Murray would sign off on any figures, so I'll take gray, bulky-chested, hard-to-find-exclusive ones with a smile :)

Like the bulky chests though, it's just not enough to turn me off the line... I never thought Murray would sign off on any figures, so I'll take gray, bulky-chested, hard-to-find-exclusive ones with a smile :)

Most definitely! I would've collected the line with the same amount of enthusiasm irregardless of jumpsuit color or bulky-chest pieces.

...heh...bulky-chests....

So.... can anyone give me a quick wrap up of what all ghostbuster minimate are gonna be released? :blink:

So.... can anyone give me a quick wrap up of what all ghostbuster minimate are gonna be released? :blink:

Everywhere:

GB Box Set 1

GB Box Set 2

TRU:

Courtroom Venkman and Washington Square Ghost

GB1 Egon and Library Ghost

Gooey Ray and Exploding Stay Puft

Slimed Peter and Clear Slimer

GB2 Winston and Terror Dog

Amazon:

Ghost 4-pack with Video Game

SDCC:

Angry Stay Puft and GB2 Venkman

PX:

Glow-in-the-dark Slimer and GB2 Ray

Looks like those particle throwers actually are connected with the proton packs. In the pics so far I was missing the connecting cables, but in that pic it seems that there is a cable on Spengler's right side. Or does it belong to his PKE meter, which would be kind of weired since it doesn't have one? :blink:

I hope we get some of the ghosts from GB2. The Scoleric Brothers would be sweet!

And if nothing else, a Vigo would make good parts for some kinda Thor bad guy he could whomp on.

These just look great! (Except for that "went in my pants" lookin' Stay Puft... and even that's funny!)

I was just looking at the packaging for the box set, and it looks like Louis doesn't come with any arms. I can see his hair, but no arms, and the dog uses black legs for its front legs. Maybe they're hidden down under the label somewhere?

I was just looking at the packaging for the box set, and it looks like Louis doesn't come with any arms. I can see his hair, but no arms, and the dog uses black legs for its front legs. Maybe they're hidden down under the label somewhere?

Surely they're in there somewhere. DST wouldn't do something that thoughtless/heartless. Though wouldn't it be a b!tch if it were like the Rocky hairpiece that folks had to mail-in for? :lol: Nah, it's in there.

(hey it's all i've got since theres no aliens for her to go up against)

But you can get ahold of the next best thing. . .

Does anyone here have that Power-loader set? I'd love to see how it compares scale-wise to a Minimate (I know Kubricks are generally about 2.5").

It's cool that we get 'particle-streams' with these. I was a bit worried that we'd have to wait for another set. BTW, I wonder what's become of the "Trap set" we saw pictures of? Matt, any info.?

Edited by cdubya