UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

cheap Muggs on clearance

groundhog7s

You guys should also check your Target's clearance aisle, some Muggs and Marvel Legends figures are only $3. I was tempted to buy the Cairo swordsman so that my Mark III Iron Man could wield the swords XD

Edited by Dio

No really! It was an X3 Jean Grey XD I used plural because it's possible there may be more than one at other Targets.

I think K is being sarcastic due to the fact that Hasbro ML's are the biggest peg warmers ever. My Target finally decided to mark down series one marvel legends this January

Actually I was being serious--apart from a few left-overs from the Fang Foom wave, I haven't seen any Legends figures at my local Targets in a long time. Surely none of the Red Hulk wave. Some of the crappy X3 ones do warm pegs at my local TRU, though.

Shame. I wish my TRUs or Targets would refresh their ML stocks. ALl they have nowadays are those stupid Black Spideys from the Red Hulk wave. I want an Emma and X3 Jean, Goddammit!!

Of course, my LCS has X3 Dark Phoenix for cheap (i don't think he knows it's a variant) which i'm hesitant to buy. I think i want Jeanie before i get one with pale-grey, veinny skin. ;)

You know, I'm giving serious thought to ordering a few of these and repainting them, just for the resale value. Put them on ebay, just to see what happens. Only problem is, I've never painted a Mugg before. Any tips?

Its not much different than painting a minimate, you just need more paint. If you are mixing custom colors, you should mix a good amount of it and keep it in an empty jar. Otherwise it can be difficult to mix the identical color again, and you will see the discoloration on the figure.

Larger brushes are better for large areas to get a smoother surface, while smaller brushes are obviously better for details. Make sure the paint you are using isn't too thick, or it will leave brush strokes that are noticeable. Alternatively, if it is too thin, it could run and leave drop marks.

That's all that comes to mind for now. I hope it helps!

Has anyone seen any of the older Star Wars Muggs on clearance anywhere? I passed on a lot of the good guys (Luke, Han, Chewie) when they came out & now I'm regretting it...

I've not seen them anywhere. Someone hooked me up with a Chewie, and I got a Han and Boba Fett off ebay. Ebay will probably be your best friend on this one unfortunately.

I was at a Target pretty far away from where i live recently, and thy had a TON of old Star Wars ones. I think i remember seeing Boba Fett, Palpatine, Bespin Luke, Han Solo, and Darth Maul. So I guess if you get lucky you can see some from different waves at different places.

Ok so I order Hulk, Iron Man, and Dr. Doom (who I don't have yet) using Walmart's site to store. I go in to pick them up yesterday and they lost the package! They have it on record as arriving but had to credit my money back.

Anyone get this alot? I'm guessing some worker took a five finger discount. I just reordered again but now there's no iron man available