UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate hair

Shup Dude

Okay, so my little cousin was over and he was messing with my Minimates...

He stuck some Platoon guys hairpiece on Spectre's head, and now it's stuck.

I tried putting it in the freezer for an hour and it's still stuck and shows no sign of coming off.

Is there any other way I can fix this?

Edit:

I meant Spectre, I was in a hurry typing this and got the p and c mixed up. We all make mistakes, so why can't I make one? :P

Edited by Shup Dude

"Sceptre"? (I'm hoping you're actually referring to Spectre)

You can try freezing it overnight (or any period of time long enough for ice crystals to build up and loosen the hairpiece once it thaws), maybe then it'll work better. Otherwise I'm a little hazy on the best protocol for these things (soak it in water? tweezers? throwing it against the wall in a tantrum?)

It all depends which glue has been used . Most glues contain a solvent,find out what the solvent is ,apply it to the bond & you'll perhaps get somewhere . Sceptre is a very rare figure pity it wasn't Spectre otherwise I'd suggest getting a spare head from someone .

edit.Beat me. Well done Northraider aka Spectre Clouseau.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Jolly good ;)

And as for the boiling water technique, I think the easier and safer thing to do would be not boiling water but heating some in a bowl in a microwave first and then soaking the Minimate/stuck part in it. I did this for the wings on my Classic Avengers Wasp (zapped some water in a saucer for about 1-2 minutes on High setting) and it worked just as well.

You can also try using a blow dryer.

Aah, the blow dryer: every Minimate collector's secret weapon... whether it be for loosening stuck parts, drying paint on customs, thawing a Minimate frozen in a giant block of ice... :lol:

You can also try using a blow dryer.

Aah, the blow dryer: every Minimate collector's secret weapon... whether it be for loosening stuck parts, drying paint on customs, thawing a Minimate frozen in a giant block of ice... :lol:

It worked for Shield unfreezing Cap, why not our minimates?? ;)

I've tried the freezer myself...ironically with a Cap...and an Iron Man...and Wasp...and- wait, what was i talking about again?? Hmm...It was either it works well or minimates should sign up for the Superhero Registration Act...;)

To add on to that bad news, I saw my Zombie Minimates near the kitchen sink. My mom said she went in my room and spilled some pop on them, so she wanted to clean them.

(She knocked down the Minimates that were standing up which were; Zombie Spiderman, Zombie Captain America, Zombie Hulk, and Zombie Wasp's Head, and she tipped over my can of Mountain Dew onto them and they got sticky.)

So... she washed them off and let them dry off. There's no damage, and they're not sticky now... except when I went to reach for the zombies, I grabbed a handfull and knocked Wasp's Head into the sink and it went down the pipes. Can't get it out now.

Geeze. This sucks ass.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I just got a Minimate with legs that won't move :< I'm afraid of trying to budge them because I've read that other people's mates broke the ball joints off. Will these techniques work for legs too? I'm trying out the freezer trick right this moment.

Aw, sorry to hear that. On the bright side, he's a zombie! Is there another pelvis piece you can use for him?

EDIT: I managed to get the legs moving by spreading them apart. It turns out the paint was responsible. Bits of paint came off of the ball joints.

Edited by Dio