UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

transformers 2 teaser see it before superbowl!

gledzee

The movie was OK. In my opinion, it seemed as if though the Autobots took a major backseat to the humans. I wanted to hear Sideswipe, Arcee, Volt and the others conversing. But alas no. They each got ONE line of dialogue if they were lucky. Maybe next time, the Autobots will dominate not only the fight scenes, but the acting ones as well.

7/10

Something makes me think that this movie was trying to make up for the way that they shafted the Decepticons in the first one. This was their movie, as evidenced by the incident with Prime in the forest. We got more Megatron in this one than in the first, which is a good thing as Megatron is so freaking awesome. And more Starscream. And Soundwave, a freaking Satellite, got more dialogue than those three characters you mentioned combined. And he never even fought! (And honestly, I think he was there more than we think. Something tells me that Soundwave had something to do with the communications loss from the first movie. It kinda makes sense that he caused it as he took over, like, everything in this one) Soundwave was, oddly enough, my favorite out of this movie. (Though I recently purchased season one of G1 Transformers and for some reason I love Soundwave. Can't figure out why... Nothing that special about him other than the minionbots... He's just... awesome.) So honestly I believe this movie was made to give the villains the limelight they deserve. The humans owned the first, the Decepticons the second, and I echo the sentiment that the Autobots should have the third.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Though I recently purchased season one of G1 Transformers and for some reason I love Soundwave. Can't figure out why... Nothing that special about him other than the minionbots... He's just... awesome.)

Maybe because he was the only 'Con who seemed remotely compotent and useful? And the unique voice and speaking style. Yeah. Soundwave is awesome.

(Though I recently purchased season one of G1 Transformers and for some reason I love Soundwave. Can't figure out why... Nothing that special about him other than the minionbots... He's just... awesome.)

Maybe because he was the only 'Con who seemed remotely compotent and useful? And the unique voice and speaking style. Yeah. Soundwave is awesome.

That he was... Him and whatever that guy's name was that is manning the base on Cybertron and created the space bridge... Dangit, can't remember...

Shockwave.

Gratzi.

Yeah him. I think he's pretty competent too. Which is probably why he got left behind. Soundwave was too perfect for an earth mission, Megatron wanted to go himself, and Starscream can't be trusted. Shockwave is just right for the role.

Shockwave.

Gratzi.

Yeah him. I think he's pretty competent too. Which is probably why he got left behind. Soundwave was too perfect for an earth mission, Megatron wanted to go himself, and Starscream can't be trusted. Shockwave is just right for the role.

Shockwave... shall we say, bluffs well. He maintains the illusion of compentence, while pretty much everyone and anyone sneaks in and out of 'Con HQ under his watch. And some times they don't even bother sneaking. And of course all Decepticons, and their Cobra allies, went to the Imperial Stormtrooper school of marksmanship.

• 2 weeks later...

As part of my birthday festivities this weekend, I FINALLY went and saw ROTF yesterday. WOW. There was quite a bit going on here. I loved the first one and think it was a better movie than the sequel overall. ROTF was a great movie, but I have to agree with the earlier posts that complain about no Sideswipe and Arcee dialogue. WTF? That was a huge missed opportunity. I could easily point to a few characters (Devastator, Robo-girl, the Decepticon unicycle, the ghetto twins, Leo the roomate, et al) that could have been cut out completely to allow more time for the development of these cool, new Autobot characters. I also felt like the plot was just entirely too convoluted. It just seemed to have too much going on. The first movie's plot was simple- "keep the Allspark from the Decepticons". If someone asked me what the plot to this one was, I'm not sure I could sum it up in a simple sentence or phrase.

Overall though, if you liked the first one you'll like this one. The explosions are bigger, the fights are more devastating and Megan Fox's buttcheek is showing in her first scene. :wub:

Edited by handsomedevil