UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

transformers 2 teaser see it before superbowl!

gledzee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realized this movie came out yesterday, woah, doesn't matter I ain't gonna see it, I hate megan fox's acting, bernie mac's not in it, so I rather wait for it on dvd, and maybe I might rent, other than that enjoy your flick

plus a lotta reviews said it wasn't that good huh... I guess the robots aren't having a good summer, with terminator and transformers getting all these negative reviews...

bernie mac's not in it,

Yeah, umm, really?! Ya know, i think it might have been just a tad hard for him to get the role. I mean, he's DEAD and all!! :angry:

whoah dude chill, I didn't mean it in a bad way, I'm aware of his passing, who isn't, I just meant that I wish his character was in the film,and he did a great job in the last one, so i wasn't saying the film sucks cause of bernie mac not being in it, I'm saying it woulda been nice to see him in again

This is the best review I've seen for this movie and possibly the best movie review ever...

http://io9.com/5301898/michael-bay-finally-made-an-art-movie

T.

Oh my gosh, Revenge of the Fallen is Twilight for guys. Only instead of sparkly vampires, it's manly robots (Seriously, this was what ran through my mind when I read this review :blink:)

On a weird side note, it kinda makes me want to go and watch that GI Joe movie coming soon.

This movie was great for entertainment, the fights between the transformers were awesome! My two complaints were that I think the movie could do without humping, farting, retarded Transformers with testicles. The movie would have been just fine without making these great characters just seem stupid.

Second complaint is that you have Frank Welker who was the original voice of Soundwave (my favorite Transformer of all time) souding like the bad guy from Inspector Gadget (Who he also voiced) was infuriating. If you have the guy who did the original voice than make sure it sounds like the original character. . . . .is that just too much to ask?

bernie mac's not in it,

Yeah, umm, really?! Ya know, i think it might have been just a tad hard for him to get the role. I mean, he's DEAD and all!! :angry:

whoah dude chill, I didn't mean it in a bad way, I'm aware of his passing, who isn't, I just meant that I wish his character was in the film,and he did a great job in the last one, so i wasn't saying the film sucks cause of bernie mac not being in it, I'm saying it woulda been nice to see him in again

Yeah...sorry. It's just that i loved Bernie Mac, he was such a great actor and comedian; definitely in my Top 10. When people say things "like that" after his death i just get really frazzled. Sorry if that was a little aggresive. :blush:

Oh, and NR?? BEST COMMENT EVER:

Oh my gosh, Revenge of the Fallen is Twilight for guys. Only instead of sparkly vampires, it's manly robots (Seriously, this was what ran through my mind when I read this review )

Oh my gosh, Revenge of the Fallen is Twilight for guys. Only instead of sparkly vampires, it's manly robots (Seriously, this was what ran through my mind when I read this review :blink:)

*facepalm* You are JUST NOW getting this?! YES! Transformers IS the Holy Grail of every boy that was watching TV in 1984!

Sometimes I forget that other people don't understand this!

Ugh.

:P

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

This movie was great for entertainment, the fights between the transformers were awesome! My two complaints were that I think the movie could do without humping, farting, retarded Transformers with testicles. The movie would have been just fine without making these great characters just seem stupid.

Second complaint is that you have Frank Welker who was the original voice of Soundwave (my favorite Transformer of all time) souding like the bad guy from Inspector Gadget (Who he also voiced) was infuriating. If you have the guy who did the original voice than make sure it sounds like the original character. . . . .is that just too much to ask?

Is it wrong that the most exciting in part in the movie for me was when I blurted out "Holy crap that's the voice of claw from inspector gadget" lol. The movie was pretty ridiculous imo, a 2 hour long explosion that culminated in what could only be described as pure Bayhem. I'm sorry, but this guy makes terrible movies, cut him out and have the special effects crew toss me an hour long tech demo of robots fighting, and I'd be happy :P.

Saw it and I can kinda confirm what others have said: Really long. But not boring. It was what I expected (minus enough Soundwave but if I had the choice the movie would be about Soundwave and he'd actually fight and stuff.)

I enjoyed it. I'll admit to that. But it did not amaze me like Star trek and Up did. Though I liked that this was the Decepticons' movie. They owned this piece and I loved that. The villains do have so much more fun.

*facepalm* You are JUST NOW getting this?! YES! Transformers IS the Holy Grail of every boy that was watching TV in 1984!

Ugh.

No, I get it. It' just the way ROTF seems to forego coherence in favor of the flashiness and the giant robots... I mean, ever seen how crazy fangirls get when they squee over Edward (and now the poor guy playing him in the movies, who almost got run over by a car just escaping from the fangirls)? Bay seems to think Transformers fans function on a similar level... and depending on how the fans are, he may not entirely be wrong. (Don't feel offended, I think all fandoms are susceptible to this same rule.)

Ugh.

No, I get it. It' just the way ROTF seems to forego coherence in favor of the flashiness and the giant robots... I mean, ever seen how crazy fangirls get when they squee over Edward (and now the poor guy playing him in the movies, who almost got run over by a car just escaping from the fangirls)? Bay seems to think Transformers fans function on a similar level... and depending on how the fans are, he may not entirely be wrong. (Don't feel offended, I think all fandoms are susceptible to this same rule.)

Well oddly enough, it made perfect sense to me. I always understood the story as it played out. My problem is that it's gonna be hard to describe the plot. But I knew what was happening in it.

I have heard so much negative buzz on this movie, that I actually am starting to WANT to see it. Mind you, there's no way I'll pay even matinee price, but maybe when it comes around to the $1.50 theater.

What's more, I CAN NOT WAIT for the Rifftrax on this one. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is SOOO much better with Rifftrax. Gods bless Mike Nelson.

Tm2, you are thinking about a movie wayyyyyy to hard. It's a movie designed for entertainment. If it can make as much as it is, then people are entertained. The movie made 16+ million at midnight premieres alone, and I guarantee many more people liked it than came home and "blogged" about how shitty it was.

it's easier to be more crucial of a film, the bigger a fan you are.

i'm a huge x-men fan (have been since I could read, the first books I ever read were the "mutant massacre" comics) and I have DESPISED every x-universe movie they've put out so far.

but if I wasn't such a fan, I probably wouldn't have hated them as much... I might have even enjoyed the films.

but there's always exceptions to the rule. some people are less crucial when it comes to this stuff, or more willing to accept change, whether it be good, bad, or just plain retarded.

I'm not a TF fan at all and I loved this movie. It gave me everything I wanted, one great big robot punch up from beginning to end. It does exactly what it says on the tin its a summer movie where you go in turn your brain down a few notches and enjoy the spectical.

I agree totally with whoever said a movie translation can be good or bad depending on how much of a fan of the subject matter you are. I went in for a bang for your buck movie and I got it with bells on.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

The movie was OK. In my opinion, it seemed as if though the Autobots took a major backseat to the humans. I wanted to hear Sideswipe, Arcee, Volt and the others conversing. But alas no. They each got ONE line of dialogue if they were lucky. Maybe next time, the Autobots will dominate not only the fight scenes, but the acting ones as well.

7/10