UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

transformers 2 teaser see it before superbowl!

gledzee

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well this seems as good a place as any for this.

SPOILERS!!!! Devistator and The Fallen Pics.'

I like Devistator's look. He truly is made of construction equipment. But the Fallen looks too alien. Like Megatron was in the first one. He's probably like Megatron: "Screw disguise. I just wanna blow shit up."

• 3 months later...

Phew, thank goodness I used Search before starting a new thread.

Anyway I was just wondering if anybody's actually excited about this movie yet. I heard it just premiered in Japan.

Personally I thought the first movie was okay, but found it borderline silly that they're bringing back the teenager characters for the sequel. I mean, dragging them all the way to Egypt?! Yeah I know, Hollywood protagonist logic and all (even though everybody knows hardly anybody really watches Transformers for the human characters ;))

Anyway, I found this ad doubly entertaining: One, Optimus Prime freelances for a candy company. Two, strawberried peanut butter M&Ms :blink:

Anyway I was just wondering if anybody's actually excited about this movie yet. I heard it just premiered in Japan.

Personally I thought the first movie was okay, but found it borderline silly that they're bringing back the teenager characters for the sequel. I mean, dragging them all the way to Egypt?! Yeah I know, Hollywood protagonist logic and all (even though everybody knows hardly anybody really watches Transformers for the human characters ;) )

Anyway, I found this ad doubly entertaining: One, Optimus Prime freelances for a candy company. Two, strawberried peanut butter M&Ms :blink:

I heart transformers. but I hate michael bay.

seriously, this movie looks even more outlandish than the first one.

I probably won't see it, but who knows

I'll go see it. I loved the first one. I never pass it up on HBO. If it's on, I'll watch for at least 5-10 minutes. I've probably seen that movie 15+ times by now! :lol:

Obviously, I'm not too harsh of a movie critic.

...and having Megan Fox in it doesn't hurt either! :wub:

Yep I'm seein this!

Can't resist, can't wait. I know it's not going to be Star Trek or Up by way of quality but I hope it manages to equal or top Transformers 1 which, though I was never a Transformers fan, I saw as good fun entertainment. It's gonna be a nice little popcorn film which isn't going to kick ass with the critics but hey, very few of the films like that do. Star Trek and The Dark Knight being exceptions.

And quick little IMAX factoids: there is a slightly extended cut in IMAX and there are parts in the IMAX version where Optimus is 1:1 scale with how big he'd be if he was real. Yeah, perfectly sized with the audience. Alos this IMAX release has caused the Half-Blood Prince's IMAX release to be pushed back a week or two. The regular release is still on for the 15th but the IMAX is delayed.

Sad about Potter but 1:1 scale Optimus plus extended cut! Does that not sound awesome?

Personally I thought the first movie was okay, but found it borderline silly that they're bringing back the teenager characters for the sequel. I mean, dragging them all the way to Egypt?! Yeah I know, Hollywood protagonist logic and all (even though everybody knows hardly anybody really watches Transformers for the human characters ;) )

I heart transformers. but I hate michael bay.

I probably won't see it, but who knows

QFT.

Outlandish?!?

It's a movie about giant alien robots that change into things and fight each other.

Of course it's outlandish!

The question is will it do it's job as a popcorn movie. That remains to be seen.

Outlandish?!?

It's a movie about giant alien robots that change into things and fight each other.

The question is will it do it's job as a popcorn movie. That remains to be seen.

It's not meant to be a popcorn movie though! That's what I've been saying for the last 5 years. It's not a popcorn flic, because those have NO thought behind them and just blow stuff up. Read: Michael Bay. It is suppoused to be a superhero origins movie. And in that, it failed. BIG TIME. I mean can I please point out that the stars, the main attraction, the icons of the 80's, renown for their personality and emotional complexes, didn't even talk?!

I have just accepted it as an injustice in the world that will never be righted, so here I sit watching Beast Wars and Animated. You know, the GOOD transformers. :) [/tease]

Outlandish?!?

It's not meant to be a popcorn movie though! That's what I've been saying for the last 5 years. It's not a popcorn flic, because those have NO thought behind them and just blow stuff up. Read: Michael Bay. It is suppoused to be a superhero origins movie. And in that, it failed. BIG TIME. I mean can I please point out that the stars, the main attraction, the icons of the 80's, renown for their personality and emotional complexes, didn't even talk?!

I have just accepted it as an injustice in the world that will never be righted, so here I sit watching Beast Wars and Animated. You know, the GOOD transformers. :) [/tease]

thank you! haha.

I really do hate michael bay.

Outlandish?!?

I just meant the ACTION in the movie, not the premise. it's like michael bay wants to do absurd cgi crap, and doesn't realize how absolutely retarded it is.

I know expecting things somewhat grounded in a reality full of robots is unreasonable, but it's just how I feel on the matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard back from a few people, and it has made me question if I even want to see this for free when it's out at the library. Yeah, it's that bad. 22% on Rotten Tomatoes. Ebert called it "an abortion". I haven't even made it as far as Aint It Cool News yet.

Here are some of my favorite highlights.

[21:26] Zearth: I should have listened to you. Please forgive me for not. But I just saw the new Transformers movie...

[22:47] Zearth: The Decepticons have armor as effective as tinfoil!

[22:47] Zearth: They are killed in droves like cattle!

[22:48] Zearth: And only four have speaking roles out of perhaps 20.

[22:48] Zearth: The Constructicons are just a type of transformer and not a subgroup. There are like three of each one in the movie.

[22:49] Zearth: I counted AT LEAST three Longhauls.

[22:50] Zearth: And there is a whole Palpatine/Vader thing going with Megatron and The Fallen. Megatron actually gets down on his knees and calls the Fallen MASTER!!!

[22:50] Zearth: Devastator gets his ass kicked by two Autobots half the size of Bumblebee and is then killed by a shot from an aircraft carrier!

[22:51] Zearth: Demolishor, who is in EVERY preview, lasts for only FOUR minutes in the whole film, and is killed JUST for being on Earth. He wasn't even DOING anything!

[22:51] Zearth: He was in hiding at a scrapyard!

[22:52] Zearth: Megatron is weaker than in the first movie to the point that he needs Starscream and a Blackout clone just to put up a decent fight!

[22:53] Zearth: Soundwave spends the ENTIRE movie fused to a satelite and his voice sounds just like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget!

[22:53] Zearth: Devastator has testicles.

[22:53] Zearth: The Fallen is killed in a fight that lasts 30 seconds.

[22:53] Zearth: Transformers start out as larvae.

[22:54] Zearth: Almost none of the Autobots but Prime and these two idiots have lines.

[22:54] Zearth: Bumblebee can't talk again.

[22:55] Zearth: Optimus has no mercy in any sense of the word.

[22:55] Zearth: He acts like he considers the 'Cons less than grease stains.

[22:55] Zearth: And will hunt them down like roaches.

[22:56] Zearth: Most of the fighting is done by the human soldiers and it's apparently all they need.

[22:56] Zearth: Starscream isn't a traitor. He's just a cowardly yes-man.

[22:57] Zearth: The Matrix is just to activate a doomsday device.

[22:57] Zearth: The Transformers race has no future but no one but the 'Cons seem to mind.

[22:57] Zearth: The Fallen was a Prime.

[23:02] Zearth: When they go down to fix Megs, four constructicons and a medibot named Scalpel are there to do the work.

They get there and Scalpel looks at the Constructicons and says; "I need parts. Kill the little one."

Then three constructicons, without pause, turn on their teammate and tear him limb from limb.

[23:02] TM2DB: ...

[23:03] Zearth: That sound like the Constructicons you remember?

[23:03] TM2DB: WTF?!

[23:04] Zearth: Yeah. They don't even break stride.

[23:08] Zearth: Ho ho ho, not these guys. These guys didn't give a shit about ANYTHING.

[23:09] Zearth: And did I mention how Devastator has testicles?

[23:09] Zearth: Because he does.

[23:10] Zearth: I was hoping it was just a stupid rumor. But it's not. It's really not.

[23:12] Zearth: Oh, and Wheelie dry humps Mikaela's leg.

[23:14] Zearth: at first she caught him, and stuffed him in a lunch box. Then later they need him to translate for them because 'Cons are apparently more knowledgeable than 'Bots. Then he learns from Jetfire that defection is possible and he decides to side with the Autobots. Then the leg humping starts.

[23:16] Zearth: Oh, and Arcee is like some kind of group mind.

[23:16] Zearth: She's like three networked motorcycles or something.

[23:16] Zearth: It was really unclear.

[23:17] Zearth: And again, I must mention that Transformers begin life as larvae.

[23:18] Zearth: Buggish worm things.

"Mitch: Yes. I was right. And it only took the world 3 years to catch up with me."

I saw it last night and have to say that it was waaay too long. I actually got bored with that much fighting and there were a lot of unnecessary scenes/characters. To me, the the first film was much better and this new one seems to lack the charm of the first. ILM did an amazing job as always though. :)

Edited by Samwise Gamgee

Wow, haven't seen a black wall of text like that since Watchmen. :lol:

I still haven't seen it yet, but I stand by the mild skepticism I had last time when I first sighted the trailer. Even from the get-go I was having a hard time wrapping my mind around why a troupe of extraterrestrial robots would drag a couple of kids they first met on Earth but otherwise shouldn't really have any need for to some random hostile environment like an Egyptian desert. (Yup, still not letting that one slide.) Maybe if I actually see it my opinion of the movie will change, or at least my skepticism slightly alleviated.

"I'd like to ask you not to support this film, but those of you with young boys, I know there isn't a chance. But realize you'll be taking them to see a film with the lowest forms of humor, stereotypes and racism around. Not only that, but its packaged for our children. Which makes it all the more offensive. "

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41512

"Look, I’m neither a Michael Bay apologist nor a knee-jerk hater. I’ve admired some of what he accomplished in the first TRANSFORMERS effort, and was utterly turned off by most of what was going on in REVENGE OF THE FALLEN. The entire experience watching this film was like witnessing a filmmaker dare his audience to try to make sense of, or even like, his movie. I’m not the sort of person who can turn off my brain entirely or lower my expectations in advance of any movie, but TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN really made me wish I could have done either. This isn’t the worst film I’ve seen this year, or even this summer, but it’s the one that tries the hardest and still manages to fail so completely."

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41520

"This film is a total and complete waste; a soggy, half baked dessert of a film that you can’t even say “Well, at least the action was cool.” It is an embarrassment, a pathetic misuse of hundreds of millions of dollars that only serves as the new model for excess run amok. Hopefully ten years from now I can put this in and laugh about it the way I laugh about BATMAN AND ROBIN, giggling furiously at the idea that they spent that much money of robot balls and a cybernetic minstrel show. But right now I’m too disappointed, too bitter and just too appalled to find any of this funny. You know, now that I think about it, maybe Bay got his giant, limp, swinging cyber-phallus after all. It’s called TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN."

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41503

"The day will come when "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" will be studied in film classes and shown at cult film festivals. It will be seen, in retrospect, as marking the end of an era. Of course there will be many more CGI-based action epics, but never again one this bloated, excessive, incomprehensible, long (149 minutes) or expensive (more than $200 million). Like the dinosaurs, the species has grown too big to survive, and will be wiped out in a cataclysmic event, replaced by more compact, durable forms."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2009/06/th..._revengers.html

At this point I'm just laughing at how across the board this is. It's consecutively getting 1 start. This is unbelievably bad, and yet I still laugh.

Maybe for the 30th anniversary, they'll remake G1 MTMTE in CG and live action, with a new soundtrack and the original voices. It could happen, right? right?!

Tm2, you are thinking about a movie wayyyyyy to hard. It's a movie designed for entertainment. If it can make as much as it is, then people are entertained. The movie made 16+ million at midnight premieres alone, and I guarantee many more people liked it than came home and "blogged" about how shitty it was.

My family of five all saw it, and we all liked it. You haven't seen it, and somehow you don't like it? I'm not telling you to go see it, but IMO, I don't think you have the right to complain until you see it.

OK back to the movie.

I saw it and like minimadman said, it was watchable, as in i liked it.

GOOD POINTS: Megan Fox. :D

Many new robots introduced.

Ravage!

Much more "watchable" robot action (meaning not just two blurry machines), and a balance between humans and robots.

I loved the part where Jetfire gave Optimus "power up armor" like in the old shows and toys

BAD POINTS: It was too long, and had too much "potty humor". I didn't like the whole

Shia is the Matrix

, that seemed totally thrown in at the last minute.

Overall, I liked it better than the first.

It wasn't an amazing movie, but it was likable. I'd say a steady B or (3 out of 5) if i were to officially grade it.

Edited by the punisher=D

Tm2, you are thinking about a movie wayyyyyy to hard. It's a movie designed for entertainment. If it can make as much as it is, then people are entertained. The movie made 16+ million at midnight premieres alone, and I guarantee many more people liked it than came home and "blogged" about how shitty it was.

My family of five all saw it, and we all liked it. You haven't seen it, and somehow you don't like it? I'm not telling you to go see it, but IMO, I don't think you have the right to complain until you see it.

OK back to the movie.

I saw it and like minimadman said, it was watchable, as in i liked it.

GOOD POINTS: Megan Fox. :D

Many new robots introduced.

Ravage!

Much more "watchable" robot action (meaning not just two blurry machines), and a balance between humans and robots.

I loved the part where Jetfire gave Optimus "power up armor" like in the old shows and toys

BAD POINTS: It was too long, and had too much "potty humor". I didn't like the whole

Shia is the Matrix

, that seemed totally thrown in at the last minute.

Overall, I liked it better than the first.

It wasn't an amazing movie, but it was likable. I'd say a steady B or (3 out of 5) if i were to officially grade it.

I gotta know, was

Devistator

as awesome as I hope he'll be?