UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Punisher Movie Set Pictures (Pic Heavy)

Twisted Two-Face

Anybody else hating the fact that Frank's two big guns' handles are way to fat for him to hold properly?

Yeah. I actually glued them into the little sockets on his back cause they kept falling out.

I meant to hold in his hands properly. Those handle just distort the hell out of his hands. Yikes!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else hating the fact that Frank's two big guns' handles are way to fat for him to hold properly?

Yeah. I actually glued them into the little sockets on his back cause they kept falling out.

Ugh, don't remind me. I've had this little shitter for five days, just sitting there. I went to check him out last night, and wouldn't you know it:

The no-scope rifle is GONE. Pisses me off, and now i have to clean my hellhole to find it. Damn does life suck... :angry:

Boy! I've been gone for a while, lurking about, but keeping pretty up to date with Minimate purchases. :D But I was wondering--how do you guys allocate the pistols included in this set? I've been trying to decide who gets the silver ones. Since they're duplicates, it makes sense that Assault Armor would get them, because he's got twin holsters. But every time I give them to him, the relatively bright silver against his otherwise monochrome outfit just doesn't look right. :confused: Any advice?

Hmm...that IS a confusing lot of handguns.

Going by the packaging shots (and MMDB of course :wub:), it looks like there are six different handguns in this set: 3 small black ones, 2 silver ones, and one slightly bigger, elaborate-looking revolver. My guess is that two of the small black guns are for Assault Punisher's holsters, the fancy revolver is for Jigsaw, while the rest are either for civilian Frank or the thug to mess around with.

EDIT: I'll bet civilian Frank gets both silver ones.

Edited by NorthRaider

Hmm...that IS a confusing lot of handguns.

Going by the packaging shots (and MMDB of course :wub:), it looks like there are six different handguns in this set: 3 small black ones, 2 silver ones, and one slightly bigger, elaborate-looking revolver. My guess is that two of the small black guns are for Assault Punisher's holsters, the fancy revolver is for Jigsaw, while the rest are either for civilian Frank or the thug to mess around with.

EDIT: I'll bet civilian Frank gets both silver ones.

Well, thanks for the effort, it was a thoughtful reply--but actually, the revolver specifically goes with Assault Armor Punisher. It's actually included in his right-leg holster when you take him out of the package. ;) So, that kind of eliminates that possibility.

And I know, logistically, it doesn't matter at all--I was just hoping to chime into the group consensus as to "Who gets the silver pistols?" :)

Got my packs today A first I was a bit underwhelmed as the Moviemates with the exception of the IM pack have never been up with the regular waves for me.

Really still is a bit uhh 2 of the 4 figures are quite generic nothing kinda jumps out and says wow. The assault Punisher on the other hand is real good the amount of extras just rock. Having not seen the movie yet I cant comment on if its character like but I really like all the new parts that come with this figure. The next best for me is Jigsaw just for the head means I can try for a comic accurate version.

I got my War Zone pack today and the Assault Punisher is hands down one of the best executed 'Mates ever. As mentioned above the Frank and Thug are pretty much generic but they still look great and Jigsaws head really works well. I say the whole set is worth it just for Assault Punisher and the rest are gravy. If you're on the fence, I say get this set.

Funny...i think i'm the only one who likes regular Frankie instead of Assault. It just looks more...real...to me. I like the idea of not-flashy-costumed styles of hereos. It's just cool; kinda like the new Marvel Noir miniseries' (make a boxset, DST!!) which i love, ya know??

Noir Boxset. Now that I'm behind.

And X-Men noir is better than Spider-Man Noir.

Funny...i think i'm the only one who likes regular Frankie instead of Assault. It just looks more...real...to me. I like the idea of not-flashy-costumed styles of hereos. It's just cool; kinda like the new Marvel Noir miniseries' (make a boxset, DST!!) which i love, ya know??

Oh, by far!! The onmly thing i like about Spidey Noir is the Noir theme, the new costume, and Felicia Hardy (??) and her Black Cat Nightclub.

X-Men, although they

killed Jeanie in the first book

:(

is thrilling and uses a wide variety of characters, all while fully expressing the theme of Noir. Although Logan as a Sea Captain and Mags as a cop just don't seem to fit...;)

I'd love mates for thse, though, especially if they did them like the variant covers, all of which i own ;), in black and white with one splash of color style. I like that a lot.

If you haven't read it yet, read Noir. It's a great line of books. Punisher and Daredevil will be starting too, since lots of you love them more. ;)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Noir: French for black. Film Noir is generally accepted as being stylish with sexual motivation & sexual ambiguity.....thanks be to Wiki.

In bhm/speak 'Noir' means cheap budget, pretentious shite that is generally heralded as art .....if in doubt call your boring depressing stylized crap ...Noir. Colourless.

Having said that ....Lukes B&W Contest bucked that particular generalisation :D

Noir=Dark,deep,black,depressed,gloomy .....et al.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Oh, by far!! The onmly thing i like about Spidey Noir is the Noir theme, the new costume, and Felicia Hardy (??) and her Black Cat Nightclub.

X-Men, although they

killed Jeanie in the first book

:(

is thrilling and uses a wide variety of characters, all while fully expressing the theme of Noir. Although Logan as a Sea Captain and Mags as a cop just don't seem to fit...;)

I'd love mates for thse, though, especially if they did them like the variant covers, all of which i own ;), in black and white with one splash of color style. I like that a lot.

If you haven't read it yet, read Noir. It's a great line of books. Punisher and Daredavil will be starting too, since lots of you love them more. ;)

I'm here! Who said what now? I heard my beloved's name being said.

Oh, it's nothing?

I guess I should go get back in the shower, huh?

I think this might be closer to what you wanted - Frank Castle with Emil Blonsky's night vision goggles and vest. I think the vest works well. And, of course, The Skrull With No Name.

P1010015_editedSmall.jpg

Edited by hulk197

I recently picked up the set and put the two machine guns into Assault Armor Punisher's hands and now I can't get the handguns, nightstick, or knife into his hands. Any help?

Try taking the machine guns out of his hands then the other stuff should fit fine.

Just kidding.

Try heating the hands up over a tea kettle then dip them in cold water. That should help.

I saw these over the weekend when I was out of town, but passed. I hate to say this, but the truth is that I will wait for them to go on sale from AFX or somewhere (which I guarantee that they will) before I buy them. Money is tight nowadays, and I can't justify paying essentially $7-10 each for Punisher and Jigsaw with some cool accessories (the other 2 figures are useless to me).

Well the way I see it, you get Punisher, Jigsaw and 2 thugs. And even then, the body armor Punisher is only a place holder til I can find a good Thomas Jane head. (yeah, I'm not going to get off that kick. sorry) I was looking through MMDB last night, and found a few good hair matches, but none off the top of my head for the hair. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm285513728/nm0005048 A Christopher Elchenson (Dr. Who :( ) would work great. :(

I saw these over the weekend when I was out of town, but passed. I hate to say this, but the truth is that I will wait for them to go on sale from AFX or somewhere (which I guarantee that they will) before I buy them. Money is tight nowadays, and I can't justify paying essentially $7-10 each for Punisher and Jigsaw with some cool accessories (the other 2 figures are useless to me).

Be a bit wary of AFX because the Punisher & Secret Invasion have yet to show with them whilst most other major on-line sites have them in hand ! I can't help feeling that these again were not produced in huge numbers.