UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

secret invasion pics

Glantern

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - i just found a reasonably inexpensive set on eBay and have committed to buying them. The seller managed to offer Shipping to Australia for only $11 (which is darn good compared to other dealings i've had on eBay).

Still, after the conversion - it comes to about $43. . . :blink:

But i'm loving pretty much everything about the set (apart from Logans mask) - so it's money well spent.

Now i just have to wait by the mailbox for the next 2 weeks!

just got mine and i like on the back of the box that it mentions that wolverine had been replaced by a skrull once before because through out the whole secret invasion not once did it mention that fact or the fact that the x-men traveled back in time and found the skrulls original training camp with skrulls running around playing superhero

thumbs up dst for reminding us of that because those x-men issues have alot of relevance to secret invasion that no one at marvel seemed to remember!!!

I got a loose Wolverine and Beast online.

The Beasts' face had painted rubbed off while they sent it to me. So while that isn't DST's fault, it really makes me with they'd stop painting the base color over white instead of just using the primary color of plastic. IE- Blue plastic for blue Beast and not white plastic painted over blue.

The Wolverine though is another story altogether. A horrible paint job... really just atrocious. Paint flecks on the chest, scrapes on the torso underneath the shoulderpads, feet glued to the legs with too much paint and splattered silver on the claws. I hope everybody else got nice ones. I hope I get a better one when I buy the whole set.

Disappointment.

I got this set yesterday, and something about Wolvie was bothering me, so I tried to fix it. . .with limited success.

post-1827-1234108852_thumb.jpg

It actually looks better in person, but it is hard to "detail" something that small. At least it doesn't stick out too much, given the fairly sloppy paintjob on the rest of his mask.

I got this set yesterday, and something about Wolvie was bothering me, so I tried to fix it. . .with limited success.

post-1827-1234108852_thumb.jpg

It actually looks better in person, but it is hard to "detail" something that small. At least it doesn't stick out too much, given the fairly sloppy paintjob on the rest of his mask.

OMG! It never dawned on me that Wolvie's whiskers were never painted in. Looks much better. Did you use a fine point brush to accomplish this karamazov80?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

OMG! It never dawned on me that Wolvie's whiskers were never painted in. Looks much better. Did you use a fine point brush to accomplish this karamazov80?

I actually used a needle (and then a toothpick), and some Testor's paint. But, as fine a point as I had, it was still really messy, so ultimately, I just wiped the area off with my thumb after making each attempt to get paint into that groove. Since there are indented grooves, paint stayed in there after I wiped the excess away. I think part of the sloppiness is actually due to imperfections (both from the mold and paint job) in the sides of the grooves.

Edited by karamazov80

I just got the set today, and I must admit, it's a pretty good set! The only problem with the extra skrull heads is that they're damn near impossible to get on other bodies! The only bodies they stick on are the 24 'mates.

Has anyone else been looking back at the protos and the concept art for these?? I've been doing jus tthat, and noticed lots of proposed paint apps missing, especially on Jeanie, which would have made them look so much better. For instance, there is a lack of Jeanie's back-line, the belt's shine, the arms' shine, as well as the back of the legs' shine. Kinda makes me mad, because these would have been nice apps to use. :(

And Mystery Man, just give me a few minutes and you'll have a pic. A clear, non-blurry one. ;)

EDIT: Here ya go. I kinda like it, but the mask doesn't fit on SI Logan's head, so i used the older one. Hope you don't mind:

Two Face I like that you don't mind taking pictures but have you checked you camera for a macro function? I will help cut out all the blurry pictures. On most digital cameras the macro function icon looks like this.

Macro_icon.jpg

This is in stock at Toywiz! :rolleyes:

I have issues with the GSXM Wolvie's mask, so I am also crossing my fingers that the wave 27 version will have a much better mask that could make for the definitive yellow and blue Wolvie. If they re-use the original one, I will be very disappointed.

What's the big deal with Wolvie's mask? I quite like it...

This is in stock at Toywiz! :rolleyes:

I have issues with the GSXM Wolvie's mask, so I am also crossing my fingers that the wave 27 version will have a much better mask that could make for the definitive yellow and blue Wolvie. If they re-use the original one, I will be very disappointed.

It's not really the mask more or less the character. The big black "ear" things on it were much larger in the olden days, something the GSXM Wolvie (and every other costumed Wolvie) were known for. It just isn't accurate at all; it's still a nice, welcomed new piece, though. :)

Personally, I just don't like it that much generally. I think it is too bulky/unwieldy somehow, and with it, he doesn't have any real, recognizable expression (slightly mad, slightly confused, slightly bored). My main issue is--somehow, no matter what head I try to put beneath it, it just doesn't look "right." However, the brown repaint works well for me. I think the yellow being so bright really amplifies its flaws, whereas it is easier to overlook on the more subtle brown.

Honestly it isn't that bad, but it can certainly be improved.

Edited by karamazov80

not sure if you realize that the mask is based on 1st appearance wolverine, the black "ear" things as you call it where small. Just like in the picture here

post-1893-1234319307_thumb.jpg

and it looks pretty accurate to me. now if you are talking about his mask upon joining the X-men, then disregard my post lol :P

This will probably sound totally inappropriate but...

It's Wolver-kitty!

:P

But just asking, in which comic did this first appearance look appear in again? How far removed is this look from the Giant-Sized X-men one?

Hulk 180 (at the very end), 181 for his first "full" appearance. The difference is pretty exclusively in the mask. Initially, he really looked like some kind of feral woodland creature. The X-Men look is much more exaggerated, of course.

Edited by karamazov80

First off: Sorry to post on an all but dead thread (you'll get that a lot from me, since it takes a bit longer for 'Mates to reach me here in Oz).

I've just received my Secret Invasion pack in the mail & i've gotta say, i'm pretty impressed. After leaping between being Livid with excitement when the set was announced, I started to feel a bit let down when the set started getting a bit of negative feedback regarding heads & hair not fitting, poor paint apps, etc. Now that i have mine, i'm back to being chuffed again :biggrin:

The sculpts on the additional parts are excellent & the paint apps on mine are almost flawless with one or two very minor areas (gloves & mask lines could be sharper).

As i expected, Jean is my favourite. I'm also incredibly stoked to finally get a REAL Beast. But, to my surprise, underdog Jewel is REALLY growing on me. Her hair sculpt is fantastic. Her bright colouring makes her standout amongst the other 'Mates. She's a really great, dynamic looking MiniMate. This whole set is a pretty big winner with me.

UNFORTUNATELY - Jewel (along with the recent Ultron & Vision) has gotten me interested in non x-men 'Mates. Until now I have restricted myself to buying sets that contained X-Men characters, but i feel that those days are now at an end. . . God help me and my cheque-book!

Congrats on the find Nessex! And don't worry about being the only one to pipe in on new releases last... There's still NO sign of the Secret Invasion set over here :angry: and we're ONLY NOW getting series 23 and 24.

Ha ha, I can definitely relate with you on the suddenly-wanting-non-X-Men dilemma: Before I was just interested in getting the familiar characters like the Spiderman, Fantastic Four and X-Men guys, but since starting out with Minimates I have found myself newly committed to completing the Avengers. The minute I got my Ms. Marvel and Doctor Strange minimates, I was hooked forever :)

Congrats on the find Nessex! And don't worry about being the only one to pipe in on new releases last... There's still NO sign of the Secret Invasion set over here :angry: and we're ONLY NOW getting series 23 and 24.

Ha ha, I can definitely relate with you on the suddenly-wanting-non-X-Men dilemma: Before I was just interested in getting the familiar characters like the Spiderman, Fantastic Four and X-Men guys, but since starting out with Minimates I have found myself newly committed to completing the Avengers. The minute I got my Ms. Marvel and Doctor Strange minimates, I was hooked forever :)

Yeah - the Miss Marvel/Ultron 2 pack was part of a deal i got on eBay & i had planned to sell them on . . . but i love them, have decided to keep them & now want more Avengers. LOL.

'JUST HOOK THEM TO MY VEIN'

Edited by Nessex