UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Accesory Packs

http://www.toywiz.com/hatoexacfibw.html

I was looking at this and got a crazy idea: Minimate Accessory Packs! Think about it, you could have a gun pack and a sword/knifes pack. They would be really good for customizers.

Would you buy this?

If i got these (see below), i'd be all over them:

Instrument set:

Drumset

Guitars x2

Basses x2

Keyboard

Mic+removable stand

War:

Pistols x4

Assault Rifles x2

Grenades x6

Rocket Launchers x2

^OMG they could call this New York Streets!! ;)

Special Ops:

Silencers x4

Laptops x2

Explosives x4

Harnesses x2

Goggles x2

Warfare Through the Ages:

Katana x3

Greek Blades (think God of War) x2

Crossbows x2

Civil War Rifles x2

Civil War Cannon

Elegance:

Dining Table

Wine Glasses x2

Silverware x4

Plates x2

Food (variety)

Chairs x2

A great idea. You could get a set of ray guns and weapons like that to use with your genius types like Mr. Fantastic and Dr. Doom.

Plus, neat little things that you might not think to use but that would be neat to give a minimate. A magnifying glass to go with Batman, the World's Greatest Detective anyone?

You know what would be a cool idea? If DST produced accessory packs that came with free (wait for it) BLANKS AND GENERIC ARMY-BUILDERS! :D

He he, that "Elegance" set sounds a bit much though. Although if that came with a free generic butler and maid minimate...

(... it would look a whole lot like a Playmobil set, that's what.)

You know what would be a cool idea? If DST produced accessory packs that came with free (wait for it) BLANKS AND GENERIC ARMY-BUILDERS! :D

He he, that "Elegance" set sounds a bit much though. Although if that came with a free generic butler and maid minimate...

(... it would look a whole lot like a Playmobil set, that's what.)

True, but with the new Spirit box sets' women, i'd get a lot out of it. Also, i'm a big fan of the new Spiderman/X Men NOIR series' right now. I planned on making the club that the new, more swave and way-up-there class Black Cat owns. It's nice until Pete takeso n Norman in it, and gets kicked out for destroying it. ;)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as an old timer it is in our charter to do so.

Accessory packs and blanks/generic 'mates have been suggested by fans for years. AA and DST aren't interested at this time. Cost to produce vs return wouldn't make it possible.

Which is why someone other than AA/DST will have to create accessory packs. Perhaps such a project has already been in the works for a few months now... Oops, did I say that out loud? ;)

Accessory packs and blanks/generic 'mates have been suggested by fans for years. AA and DST aren't interested at this time. Cost to produce vs return wouldn't make it possible.

Which is why someone other than AA/DST will have to create accessory packs. Perhaps such a project has already been in the works for a few months now... Oops, did I say that out loud? ;)

BITE YOUR TONGUE! Are you effing serious? :blink:

Perhaps we should starting labeling new threads with a disclaimer in the title to lessen the ire of the mods (and... youknowwho). Two magic words: "Wishful Thinking"

Edited by NorthRaider

than i want a zombie killing pack too :D

with a:

Baseball bat

Chainsaw

Double barrel shotgun

Stake?

Molotov cocktails

Ninja sword(katana)

Pointy stick

and a circular saw :D

and a Hammer

I added ur hammer, MM

Edited by Aapje

Luke you are my hero.

Ditto! It would be very cool to have a Brick Forge/Brick Arms type of site that sold nifty Minimate accessories. I’ve been so jealous of LEGO collectors resources for some time.

Off the top of my head I’ve been looking for Scuba gear (air tank backpacks, scuba masks), and a machine gun/ gatling gun on a tripod. With the right accessories we could make all kinds of cool things...spacemen, pirates, gladiators...plus cool Superhero specific accessories.

BITE YOUR TONGUE! Are you effing serious? :blink:

Perhaps we should starting labeling new threads with a disclaimer in the title to lessen the ire of the mods (and... youknowwho). Two magic words: "Wishful Thinking"

Really? Ire of the mods?!? Really?

We allow SF threads to continue to live years after that topic has been flogged to a bloody pulp. We allow 'next person on the list' type of spam threads to continue. We put up with members bitching, moaning and flat out calling the mods out when we're no different than any of you here. We're here because we enjoy the toys. Yes, we moderate the forums. Yes, we're the old timers. We've probably forgotten more about minimates than some members will ever know. We generally don't ban people. If we do, its because that member has proven to be either an ass or is ripping forum members off. We usually don't lock threads up. Again, if we have, its because a duplicate thread exists or the topic is against the rules (ie in the flea market). Generally speaking, we let the members police themselves for the most part.

That's ok. That's the kind of forum we run here. Newbies (usually) aren't beaten and used as ritualistic sacrifices to the team at DST to get specific characters made. We frequently give stuff out to anyone that signs up. We have members who attend shows and debase themselves to get exclusives to send to other members worldwide - for the love of the hobby and this forum. I personally run the secret santa exchange every year. Unless you are a complete tool (IE High Ass Roller) you are welcomed here by most members. Many people here will send parts to someone to complete a custom just because they're asking for them (and so we can see the finished product).

This forum exists because a group of members from the AA forums wanted a place to gather to continue to discuss 'mates. They paid for the site out of their own pockets and continue to do so to this day. (Yes, advertising helps offset some costs, but mailing con exclusives out isn't free.) I, of all people, am the last person many of them ever thought would be a moderator here. TBT could probably shed some light on that if you buy him enough beers... My point is - everyone - is welcome to prove themselves here.

I've seen some griping about the mods lately and I've bit my tongue. I'm not anymore. For anyone who thinks we're being too heavy handed, taking away your fun when we interject something of value or facts - instead of simply saying 'yeah dood. that'd be so totally cool. I'd buy 10 bajillion accessory packs!' then tough shit. Go find another forum to play in.

All we ask is, think before you post. We don't care about post count here, so posting 200 times per day gets you absolutely nothing. You gain no respect in the eyes of anyone for having 5000 posts vs the person who's posted twice - as long as those two posts are something that contributes to the discussion.

You have a problem with the mods, talk to them. You don't like that suggestion, talk to Shane. I guarantee we'll get together and hash it out.

Speaking of accessories:

Do the guns you can pick up at Brickarms.com fit mates at all if you whittle the handles down or are they not the right size?

The are literally the perfect size! Many customizers (including myself) on the board use them.

Really? Ire of the mods?!? Really?

We allow SF threads to continue to live years after that topic has been flogged to a bloody pulp. We allow 'next person on the list' type of spam threads to continue. We put up with members bitching, moaning and flat out calling the mods out when we're no different than any of you here. We're here because we enjoy the toys. Yes, we moderate the forums. Yes, we're the old timers. We've probably forgotten more about minimates than some members will ever know. We generally don't ban people. If we do, its because that member has proven to be either an ass or is ripping forum members off. We usually don't lock threads up. Again, if we have, its because a duplicate thread exists or the topic is against the rules (ie in the flea market). Generally speaking, we let the members police themselves for the most part.

That's ok. That's the kind of forum we run here. Newbies (usually) aren't beaten and used as ritualistic sacrifices to the team at DST to get specific characters made. We frequently give stuff out to anyone that signs up. We have members who attend shows and debase themselves to get exclusives to send to other members worldwide - for the love of the hobby and this forum. I personally run the secret santa exchange every year. Unless you are a complete tool (IE High Ass Roller) you are welcomed here by most members. Many people here will send parts to someone to complete a custom just because they're asking for them (and so we can see the finished product).

This forum exists because a group of members from the AA forums wanted a place to gather to continue to discuss 'mates. They paid for the site out of their own pockets and continue to do so to this day. (Yes, advertising helps offset some costs, but mailing con exclusives out isn't free.) I, of all people, am the last person many of them ever thought would be a moderator here. TBT could probably shed some light on that if you buy him enough beers... My point is - everyone - is welcome to prove themselves here.

I've seen some griping about the mods lately and I've bit my tongue. I'm not anymore. For anyone who thinks we're being too heavy handed, taking away your fun when we interject something of value or facts - instead of simply saying 'yeah dood. that'd be so totally cool. I'd buy 10 bajillion accessory packs!' then tough shit. Go find another forum to play in.

All we ask is, think before you post. We don't care about post count here, so posting 200 times per day gets you absolutely nothing. You gain no respect in the eyes of anyone for having 5000 posts vs the person who's posted twice - as long as those two posts are something that contributes to the discussion.

You have a problem with the mods, talk to them. You don't like that suggestion, talk to Shane. I guarantee we'll get together and hash it out.

If I said anything in my post that implied I actually "have an issue" with the mods then I apologize for that. I really don't have any problem with you guys at all (Heck, the way you "break up possible flame wars" on MMMV goes beyond the call of duty compared to other places on the Internet) I was just taking a jab (or at least was attempting to take a jab) at how maybe we could do more to lessen some of this multiple thread madness with a little bit of online "common sense" (i.e. checking Search for preexisting threads, descriptive titling) but it appears my "jab" seemed to have been interpreted as a shot against the mods as well. (Stupid me.) Perhaps all the "friendly mod-bashing" going on lately had just gone one joke too far?

Once again, I honestly never meant to insult/alienate anyone (especially not the guys maintaining this board) and I apologize for that unfortunate inadvertent shoot-the-dog moment in my previous post. Reideen, I've taken careful cosideration of the points in your post and I now wish I had just let that joke die while I had the chance. Now can we please move on?

• 11 months later...