UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Watchmen Kubricks

karamazov80

Word. Now I just need to hear about a Hot Toys Rorschach, and life will be complete!

post-1827-1232771458_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1232771471_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1232771492_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1232771501_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1232771509_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1232771517_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1232771522_thumb.jpg

I wonder who the chase(s) will be? Hopefully an old school Nite Owl :) Possibly a mask-less Rorschach :(

I also hope that Rorschach has a reversible head with a different Rorschach blot.

Edited by karamazov80

I'd prefer the comic versions of these characters - in fact, most new costumes are well done interpretations of those, but I don't like Ozymandias' one, because there's nothing left from his delightful, majestic Egyptian and Grecian influences. But I guess, if there'll be some Watchmates in the end, they'll also go with the movie outfits.

The chase figure anyway should be

Walter Kovacs with his "The End is Nigh" sign

!

The chase figure anyway should be

Walter Kovacs with his "The End is Nigh" sign

!

WIN.

Personally though I'm kinda dissatisfied with the mask on the Rorschach Kubrick. Is it me, or do the ink blots look a tad too... LIGHT?

The Comedian though looks downright excellent. I wonder what weapons he'll come with. (Should only be fair since Rorschach came with his grappling hook gun)

The Comedian though looks downright excellent. I wonder what weapons he'll come with. (Should only be fair since Rorschach came with his grappling hook gun)

Looks like the guns might come out of his holsters.

• 1 month later...

Pre-order available from BBTS. $17 for 3 is incredibly cheap compared to the Be@rbrick 2-packs, which usually retail for > $30 each:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Also, 1 in 4 packs will have a "suited" Dr. Manhattan variant. . .

Watchmen Be@rbricks are also up for pre-order, but. . .I don't feel comfortable posting links.

They do look pretty good.

It's a shame we aren't getting Watchmen MiniMates, but these are a pretty good substitute!

That's always the thing about Kubricks. Are they as good as Minimates? Of course not! But they are cool, and are likely the closest thing we'll ever get to Minimate Watchmen, Star Wars, Metal Gear, etc.

I'm fairly optimistic that we will be getting Minimate Aliens, though, as long as the Terminators sell. If we get some Colonial Marine Minimates, then I would be in heaven (just none of those huge Platoon-helmets that go over hairpieces DST!).

Edited by karamazov80

Variant should be naked SIlk Specter. No matter who it actually is, it should be naked Silk Spectre.

Seconded. She's me favorite Crimebuster, my wallpaper on my screen, and the reason i now listen to Hallelujah almost every second of every day. :lol:

I totally want these, but could go without suited Jon, but still wish for the minimates. I suppose when they kill Alan Moore by writing a sequel for the film (:sick:) we could get them then. :pinch:

And as for newer moviemates, i still am holding out for Transformers. I was a fan a longer time ago, for the early 2000s animated show, and would love movie versions as transforming minimates. :yes:

. I was a fan a longer time ago, for the early 2000s animated show,

Mini-Cons FTW!!!!! :D

As for the kubricks, I think I'll try to get Nite Owl (he's my favorite) and Comedian. Maybe Rorschach, I'll just have to repaint his face, for some reason it just looks weird to me.

It would be really nice if any kubrick thread could actually survive without the comparison with "our beloved". The Muggs thread manages to do it ....'ol bhm' doesn't wade in on the "I've been Mugged"thread slagging off what many of you obviously love .....even though I see better floating in the John most mornings :D

I comfort myself with the knowledge that I'll be enjoying my Watchmen kubricks VERY SOON whilst many of you will have Watchmen Minimates when YOU are old & grey! ;)

Why couldn't they have a chase for set A? They could have had a younger Comedian for the chase like the DC Direct figures.

There probably is one, and I would hope for a "Classic" Night Owl, except that he was relegated to a few seconds in the intro. to the movie and standing around during a photo session later, so it probably will be the younger Comedian. . .but unlike the DCD version, hopefully this will be his earlier costume.

• 2 months later...

Took Medicom a long while to get Dark Knight Kubs released, as well. Hell, I haven't seen an update on the Ghostbusters Kubricks since last year. They just aren't on the ball like our great American companies :)

• 1 month later...