UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Punisher and Jigsaw

rx78jj

Hi people. I stopped by my local Toys R Us and spotted a Punisher and Jigsaw Mighty Muggs. I bought both of them and they look awesome. Anyways who here has them or at least seen them and how rare are they. I've heard that the Jigsaw Might Mugg is rare. Is this true?

Jigsaw is definitely rare, and can catch upwards of $30+ on ebay currently. The case is packed 3 Punishers to 1 Jigsaw, so Punisher is not nearly as hard to find.

If you are interested in Muggs, I hope you at least picked Jigsaw up. If you're not interested in muggs, he would still be good trade bait.

I got my Jigsaw by calling every TRU in my area EVERY day until I got lucky.

A 3-1 Punisher to Jigsaw ratio? That's BS! I'm really starting to lose my desire to collect because of sh*t like that. Why do the toy companies intentionally make it hard for me to give them my money? It just doesn't make any sense.

I guess I'll have to camp out at TRU to nab a Jigsaw...

A 3-1 Punisher to Jigsaw ratio? That's BS! I'm really starting to lose my desire to collect because of sh*t like that. Why do the toy companies intentionally make it hard for me to give them my money? It just doesn't make any sense.

I think it makes a lot of sense, actually. You've got to figure that, holding all things constant, you will get at least three kids/collectors that only want a Punisher for every one that would want a Jigsaw. In fact, people that otherwise wouldn't buy Jigsaw at all will only buy him because he is scarce. So, they maximize the amount of product that they are moving.

Having said all that, I'll keep an eye out and if I get a Jigsaw, I'll pick it up for a board member.

Edited by karamazov80

I think it makes a lot of sense, actually. You've got to figure that, holding all things constant, you will get at least three kids/collectors that only want a Punisher for every one that would want a Jigsaw. In fact, people that otherwise wouldn't buy Jigsaw at all will only buy him because he is scarce. So, they maximize the amount of product that they are moving.

Having said all that, I'll keep an eye out and if I get a Jigsaw, I'll pick it up for a board member.

You are exactly right. If Punisher and Jigsaw were evenly packed, after the initial diehard collectors get theirs, I would bet that you could go to TRU and find an abundance of Jigsaws.

It also holds true that some will only buy Jigsaw because he is scarce. While it's a winning strategy for the stores, it sucks for the collectors who miss out on a figure because of the abundance of scalpers who buy up anything that they know to be rare.

To you guys who are still hunting a Jigsaw, don't despair just yet. They have only been out for two weeks, and I seriously doubt that TRU would do an exclusive and not order a decent amount of them. Also, keep an eye on their website, as some people on the MMF got theirs through that route.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I would sell my soul for either (preferably both) of these. if anyone has any left, pm me know please =)

Last I noticed, they were falling off the shelves over at my TRU. I'll give a look next time I get around there.