UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek mates are "on hold"

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see a TNG shuttlecraft with Data or Worf (possibly one battle damaged shuttle and one non-battle damaged shuttle sold at different outlets so that we could get more figures). Unfortunately, it is easier for me to imagine "battle damaged" Picard.

It's been years since I watched the show, but when I think of the TNG shuttlecraft, I think of Data. That episode where he had to move the settlers had a bunch of shuttlecraft scenes on the planet, and he got fake blown up in one by that collector guy. Also the TNG shuttlecraft is already a pretty "squished" design, so it would look spot-on in the MAX line and avoid all the Delorean-style complaints.

I currently have zero ST minimates, but I would jump at a Kira and Odo.

Know what I think will happen? We'll get the shuttle with BD Spock. Then we'll get an exclusive BD shuttle with Kirk. When sales are floundering, they'll give us a repainted TNG shuttle, but it will have Kirk as well! Then, as a last ditch effort, they'll give ST one last chance, do another shuttle, pack it full of manure, and it will sell like hotcakes!

Know what I think will happen? We'll get the shuttle with BD Spock. Then we'll get an exclusive BD shuttle with Kirk. When sales are floundering, they'll give us a repainted TNG shuttle, but it will have Kirk as well! Then, as a last ditch effort, they'll give ST one last chance, do another shuttle, pack it full of manure, and it will sell like hotcakes!

You totally had it nailed there Dinobut... until the last line... it should read...

Then as a after a last ditch effort they say sales weren't good enough to continue with TNG stuff and give us a mirror mirror original series shuttle and the line will die for another 2 yrs...

T.

I haven't really been collecting the 2" Star Trek line but that shuttlecraft is by far and away the best of the licensed vehicles we've seen so far, as the proportions match better. Just can't believe it comes with another Spock!

Call me dense, but who did you except this to come with? Almost every time a shuttle was featured in Original Trek, Spock was flying the thing. Even when Kirk was onboard, Spock was flying the thing. I understand you're as tired of Spock as the Marvel guys are of Spider-Man, but it really was the best choice for the shuttle's pilot.

This is one of those situations where the over-exposure of certain characters hurt because this time it might make sense to include Spock (and I can't really think of anyone else it would come with, I'll admit) but everyone's fed up with him!

I think this is the one reveal at Toy Fair that I am MOST excited about, mostly because of the hope of more to come. Yes, Spock has been done to death, but when you buy 2 shuttles, swap a Bones head so you can have your BD big three. Then buy a third for a BD science officer that didn't make it back to the ship (it's not always about the red shirts, you know).

For future offerings, they could follow the current planned pattern of regular version/BD version. Some of these were already mentioned:

TNG shuttle: Data/Worf

Runabout: Kira/Dax

Mini-Bird of Prey: Gowron/Riker (from when he commanded one)

The voyager thing that Paris built (can't remember the name): B'ellana/7of9

The little Romulan 2-seater from Nemesis: Data/Reman

All kinds of good possibilities...

I would like to get a Minimate Shuttlecraft for TOS and I would really like to get a TNG shuttle with Data & LaForge. I would then think we could get a Battle Damage shuttle with Troi from "Skin of Evil" Then they can release a box set of Riker, Crusher, Worf and Troi. Then for DS9 could do a Runabout with O'Brien and Jadzia. The a box set of Bashir, Kira, Odo and Quark. Then do a battle damaged Runabout with DS9 Worf and Ezri. Then Voyager could have a Delta Flyer with Paris and Kim then a box set of Janeway, Chakotay, B'ellana and Neelix. Then a second Voyager set could be the Borg Queen, Borgified 7 of 9, Seven of Nine in her silver attire, and a new Borg Drone. Then a battle damaged Delta Flyer with Tuvok and Kes.

My dream list of future Star Trek Minimates.

This is one of those situations where the over-exposure of certain characters hurt because this time it might make sense to include Spock (and I can't really think of anyone else it would come with, I'll admit) but everyone's fed up with him!

It should come with a generic "Red Shirt" army (er...cemetary?) builder.

Doesn't look like it's been brought up before, but does anyone know the deal behind this post?

Star Trek Mini-Mates

On display was the Star Trek Mini-Mate puzzle, which completes in December 2010 for $12.99

A Minimate puzzle? What does that even mean? Are they bringing back those puzzle pieces from the old 3-incher line? Are they releasing a jigsaw puzzle of a Minimate-ized Star Trek scene? Are they talking about a BAF?

Gaaah, so confused!

Doesn't look like it's been brought up before, but does anyone know the deal behind this post?

Star Trek Mini-Mates

On display was the Star Trek Mini-Mate puzzle, which completes in December 2010 for $12.99

A Minimate puzzle? What does that even mean? Are they bringing back those puzzle pieces from the old 3-incher line? Are they releasing a jigsaw puzzle of a Minimate-ized Star Trek scene? Are they talking about a BAF?

Gaaah, so confused!

Glad I wasn't the only one puzzled by that odd statement. I found the word "completes" ( something that we never want to hear unless it's in reference to a specific team roster) even more disturbing. Best to let this one go until something less cryptic arrives.

It should come with a generic "Red Shirt" army (er...cemetary?) builder.

That'd be my pick.

I would like to see it come with a red shirt TOS army and then if they do make a TNG shuttle and more figures then we would need some yellow uniform generics for army builders.

I would love to see this happen but I won't hold my breath. I just want the 2 shuttlecraft with or without Spock. (one to open and one to keep sealed.) I have almost all of the minimates for Star Trek except Elf Spock and I have a few in triple. I have a display of them at my office and I have a couple easy customs as well. Gladiator McCoy, Cptn. Janeway

I would like to get a second Unification Spock to open one but I am just glad I got the one I have. I may order another gladiator Kirk and Kor to make a gladiator Spock and try to make a custom TOS Klingon. I am working on Bele and an Andorian as well but they are giving me some trouble.

Just sharing my thoughts and what I am up to.