UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek movie figures first look

winkerbean

Yeah.... what is that? I get that the new uniforms have a different texture than the classic ones, but that does not translate at all well to a figure.

Over at Toynewsi they've got a first look at Trek 2009 movie figure's

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=13913

First impression's..... a little craptacular, i think Kirks wearing a jumper knitted by my Gran!!

Hope she doesn't log on here otherwise we'll have "Star Trek V-The Wrath of Gran". Obviously she's not a great knit like her grandson :biggrin:

Umm...eww??

Seriously, i'm no die-hard ST fan, but even i'd say that sucks. They really should change that banner that says "Item shown may vary from final product" to "Item shown is some crap we threw together to give DST the license to make ST movie minimates." Wow; that'd be one hell of a long banner...

• 2 months later...

I saw the Star Trek Playmates figures in Target today -

Blah!

The 3.75" figures aren't really good representations and the heads are small for the bodies. They also look like they lack articulation. The build-a-bridge bits are also pretty cheap with $hi++y looking decals. The only good news is that they're under the nearly $8 pricepoint that's been set by SW and Marvel 3.75"

The 6" line is a little nicer, but there aren't a lot... not a whole crew.... yet(?) And for about $2-$4 more, you can get really nice DST figures with much better detail.

The role play stuff is the worst - if you wanna scan something or hail the ship or vaporize the crap out of something - then DST's Trek Tek is far superior. The lights and finish of the Playmates role play is just cheap. When I see that stuff, I can't wait for my science tricorder from DST

And - by the way - the flip-type phaser emitter is just lame.

As for the lights & sound ship... the only thing that is saving it from judgement is the fact that the box doesn't have windows.

Evasive Action - steer clear of this stuff.