UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #26

TBT!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um speaking of Gambit... i want to see pics from the wave this wave replaced! Psylocke, Gambit, Sabretooth!!

Still a long way off, brother. We probably won't see proto pics of these for months. Trust me, if we had them already they wouldn't be hard to miss... just find the new thread labeled "OMFG WAVE 27 FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ;)

I don't think this needed a whole wave. Maybe a boxset instead:

Wolverine

Deadpool

Sabretooth

Blob

Personally, I think boxsets sell better with a movie. It just seems like every time I walk into my comic store, their's like twenty Spiderman 3 2-packs sitting around that no one buys.

It just seems like every time I walk into my comic store, their's like twenty Spiderman 3 2-packs sitting around that no one buys.

Ugh, I can definitely relate. Of the few comic stores we have that sell minimates there's always bound to be at least SM3 pack peg-warming in them. When I started out with these waves I really loved that Red Spiderman/New Goblin pack, but that's about it.

Your Wolverine Origins boxset looks like a solid lineup, with one small change: Add Silver Fox.

sdcc will be 29-30

Whoa, whoa, whoa, we're still in the middle of waves 23-24 and we're talking waves 29-30 already?!? :blink:

Gah, I need a drink. Perhaps by wave 31 we'll finally get that Squirrel Girl/Forbush Man set we've been talking about... :P

Apologies in advance if this is not the best place to post this - but i wasn't sure if it was worthy of its own thread:

So - I noticed over at Marvelousnews.com, that someone has found MORE 3 3/4" Wolverine Origins movie figures. These ones actually seem to be inspired by the movie itself, as Logan is in his 'movie' jacket & Victor has short hair (and hands that look like face-huggers from the Alien series).

Check it out: http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11952

So far, we've got a series of MiniMates; a 3 3/4" Comic costume line; & a 3 3/4" Movie costume line. They sure are banking a lot on this film. I was sceptical at first, but all this merchandise is bringing out the kid in me & getting me quite giggly. Or maybe it's the double espresso i just drank . . . :blink:

They probably saw how much merch Iron Man was able to move last year, and figured between the movie and the cartoon, Wolvie's a sure bet for this year.

Hope they're right, because nobody can afford a bunch of unsold inventory in this economy...

If the Wolverine Origins Comic Costumed figures make it to Australia, i'll be buying them. They look like the perfect size & have the right detailing to battle my Marvel Legends BAF Sentinel.

(And in the early 21st Century, the word 'Nerd' gained new meaning)

I'm just noticing that there are a number of all new, all different hairpieces here. I'm surprised that each Wolvie seems to have slightly different hair.

Edited by karamazov80

After hearing Gwen Stefani's Sweet Escape at Taco Time, I was reminded that she had a golden Slushee, and well, I think I'll paint the Blob's Slushee gold and make a Gwen 'mate XD

http://cgi.ebay.com/No-Doubt-Gwen-Stefani-...DefaultDomain_0

Hey, do you think any of those instruments could work with 'mates?

Hey, do you think any of those instruments could work with 'mates?

Those figures appear Kubrick scale, and their hands look a bit more open than Minimates' hands, so I doubt it. But, I'm not positive. I don't think anyone here has fessed up to having them, to tell us one way or the other. If I ever see the Metallica versions for a decent price, then I will buy them and find out for sure.

Edited by karamazov80

Looks like Hasbro does it again. <_<

Looks like Deadpool gets scarred by the end of the movie after all. Makes you wonder why the minimate didn't go this route (probably because that would've made it a big ol' spoiler for the movie.)

(What's even funnier is that this is an entire site devoted to Deadpool sightings. And I thought the Emma Frost website was weird.)

Looks like Deadpool gets scarred by the end of the movie after all. Makes you wonder why the minimate didn't go this route (probably because that would've made it a big ol' spoiler for the movie.)

Maybe a reversible head?

While I'd love to say I've got good news on Deadpool, I don't. I have this wonderful shitpiece to offer you! :D

It seems as if North was right, this is how Baraka Deadpool will looks like at the end of the movie. To be perfectly honest, he looks much better as the normal Reynolds.

2niab6x.jpg

10nu6wp.jpg

Coulda' sworn MK was invading DC, not Marvel. So much for that theory some people had about the comic Deadpool costume looking too unrealistic. Discuss and... enjoy?

I'm not surprised. People say that comic outfits would look ridiculous on movies, so they resort to giving them leather outfits and crap like this. I've never bought the argument personally, and this proves it. A guy wearing Deadpool's comic outfit would look 100X less ridiculous than this piece of poo. Baraka was a cool videogame character, though.