UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #26

TBT!

So do we know who the hell that black-haired chick is yet? and i guess because Emma's only been in one preview and no posters that she won't be that prominent of a character??

Silver Fox. It's been stated many times over if I am not mistaken. (which I probably am. Seems to be a habit with me lately)

Oh! Actually, i think i read that somewhere once. Makes sense, actually. But i'll be pissed if she gets more screentime than Emma. ;)

I'm pretty sure Emma will be a cameo like Cyclops and Storm. She isn't receiving top billing, and her character isn't a part of Wolverine's backstory. Silver Fox is vital in Wolverine's backstory. However, I have been waiting to see Emma Frost on screen since X-Men 1, and would love for her to become a villain in future installments.

I read somewhere that Brian Singer had intended for the White Queen to be the major villain of X3, before he left the project to make Superman Returns (Bad move Brian - please come back to the X-Men franchise! We forgive you!)

When Brett Ratner became involved - the producers bullied him into reworking the script to cut out White Queen/Phoenix story in favour of bringing back Magneto as the lead villain.

If I remember correctly, Brian Singer had his eye on Sigourney Weaver to play the White Queen. It might sound like a weird casting choice, but I think it would have been great. I always imagined the White Queen as a distinguished, older woman with a bit of command and s3x appeal. Instead - we got a British Juggernaut & a Phoenix who never said much. WHY DID YOU LEAVE US BRIAN!

Anyway - just so that this post has SOME relevance: I quite like the Mates on display. I was expecting slightly lighter hair on the Sabretooth & Deadpool mates. They both look like they have been given darker hair than either of the actors have. I Love 'Tooth's claws. very nice little additions. and the molded dog tags are great too. I would much prefer to see a Silver Fox or a Gambit in place of one of the Wolverines - but, beggers can't be choosers. I'll Probably buy 2 of the 3 packs coming out.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that Brian Singer had intended for the White Queen to be the major villain of X3, before he left the project to make Superman Returns (Bad move Brian - please come back to the X-Men franchise! We forgive you!)

When Brett Ratner became involved - the producers bullied him into reworking the script to cut out White Queen/Phoenix story in favour of bringing back Magneto as the lead villain.

If I remember correctly, Brian Singer had his eye on Sigourney Weaver to play the White Queen. It might sound like a weird casting choice, but I think it would have been great. I always imagined the White Queen as a distinguished, older woman with a bit of command and s3x appeal. Instead - we got a British Juggernaut & a Phoenix who never said much. WHY DID YOU LEAVE US BRIAN!

Anyway - just so that this post has SOME relevance: I quite like the Mates on display. I was expecting slightly lighter hair on the Sabretooth & Deadpool mates. They both look like they have been given darker hair than either of the actors have. I Love 'Tooth's claws. very nice little additions. and the molded dog tags are great too. I would much prefer to see a Silver Fox or a Gambit in place of one of the Wolverines - but, beggers can't be choosers. I'll Probably buy 2 of the 3 packs coming out.

Yeah, you are exactly right about Singer's initial plans. Phoenix was going to be the main villain, and the White Queen played an integral role in transforming her into Dark Phoenix. I imagine Magneto would have still been featured, but probably not as a main villain. What is extra-annoying is when Singer left, he took James Marsden with him, which caused the writers to quickly write out Cyclops. Then by the time filming began, Marsden returned to film his minor scenes. Now, the Superman franchise is getting rebooted. So it was all a waste.

But, to be honest, I still liked some parts of X3. I liked Kitty Pryde, Colossus, and Iceman being a part of the team. I liked that they fully used Storm's powers and made her a team leader. I liked that the Juggernaut was British cause it matched Xavier (but they never did the sibling angle, so I guess that was a moot point). I hated what was done to Cyclops and Rogue. I didn't mind Dark Phoenix, and thought leaving out the alien identity was smart. But I thought it was dumb that she had the fire around her in X2, but it was dropped for X3.

I just hope Wolverine is well done. All the characters in the movie are cool rebellious types, so it should be good.

The minimate Blob is so awesome looking! He is my favorite. With Sabretooth 2nd, Main Leather Jacket Logan 3rd, and Deadpool 4th. The more I look at this wave, the more I like it.

Edited by Joe Hill

Yeah, you are exactly right about Singer's initial plans. Phoenix was going to be the main villain, and the White Queen played an integral role in transforming her into Dark Phoenix. I imagine Magneto would have still been featured, but probably not as a main villain. What is extra-annoying is when Singer left, he took James Marsden with him, which caused the writers to quickly write out Cyclops. Then by the time filming began, Marsden returned to film his minor scenes. Now, the Superman franchise is getting rebooted. So it was all a waste.

But, to be honest, I still liked some parts of X3. I liked Kitty Pryde, Colossus, and Iceman being a part of the team. I liked that they fully used Storm's powers and made her a team leader. I liked that the Juggernaut was British cause it matched Xavier (but they never did the sibling angle, so I guess that was a moot point). I hated what was done to Cyclops and Rogue. I didn't mind Dark Phoenix, and thought leaving out the alien identity was smart. But I thought it was dumb that she had the fire around her in X2, but it was dropped for X3.

I just hope Wolverine is well done. All the characters in the movie are cool rebellious types, so it should be good.

The minimate Blob is so awesome looking! He is my favorite. With Sabretooth 2nd, Main Leather Jacket Logan 3rd, and Deadpool 4th. The more I look at this wave, the more I like it.

See, I loved X3. It is probably my favorite of the three movies. Most people complain about it, but my stance is that it is a "True" comic book movie, in that the entire thing gets retconed at the end with Magneto. Drove my family nuts. I laughed like a mad man (not unusual for me) That and there was the whole Rebecca Romijn scene... *drool* I just hope they open the Wolvy movie sometime after X3, with like an obvious tie in or something.

Joe, I LOVE your customs and am eagerly looking forward to seeing how you will use these Wolvy mates for them.

They look ok, I was hoping to see the comic versions of Deadpool and Gambit instead, but these do look good for Movie Mates. I will probably get one of each but not a case (as has become the norm for my mini sickness).

Really cool that MMV got these on here! Kudos to all involved.

Now, the next big picture to look forward to: The X-Men people have been wanting to see since Wave 1. :)

I can't wait for ToyFair.

I also really enjoyed X3 for exactly what it was. In my mind it was a great, enjoyable movie, but it had the potential to be so much better.

A. It was too short. They cut an awesome Wolvie vs Juggernaut fight and some of the final battle where Iceman and Colossus got more screen time.

B. Angel never joined the team. He could of been great.

C.Cyclops was killed off. I know why it happened but I wish it hadn't.

Those are my big 3 dislikes of the film. I hope they make an X4 with Apocolypse as the bad guy. THAT would be awesome.

But I digest.

I like this wave as a whole but would much prefer Gambit to a Wolvie. I can understand why they put so many Wolvies in but it seems unneccessary.

Ok, its to sell to the casual buyers, but how many Wolverines does a casual buyer really need? Also I think that Logan is very plain and unappealing. I think that Gambit would sell better than Logan in this case.

Those are my big 3 dislikes of the film. I hope they make an X4 with Apocolypse as the bad guy. THAT would be awesome.

I had the idea to do a whole trilogy with Apocalypse as the main baddie.(although he wouldn't show up until the end of the 2nd movie) Sinister would prelude him.(plus now with Gambit added to the movies you do the Morlock massacre) They could do NYCC or Toyfair exclusive Gambit(ala John Stewart)

I had the idea to do a whole trilogy with Apocalypse as the main baddie.(although he wouldn't show up until the end of the 2nd movie) Sinister would prelude him.(plus now with Gambit added to the movies you do the Morlock massacre) They could do NYCC or Toyfair exclusive Gambit(ala John Stewart)

I agree. But I beleive that Apocalypse should show up at the middle of the first. Let the beginning of the first be kinda like Ultimate Sinister's quest: He's trying to kill 10 Mutants to bring out Apocalypse. About 2/3 of the way through the first, Apocalypse appears. Then the first ends with Angel's "Death."

The second part of the Apocalypse trilogy deals with his first attack on the world. Magneto begins to form a small resistance, revealing that his powers have returned. In the middle of the second, Apocalypse is losing the battle. But the tide is turned with the fourth of his Horsemen joining the battle: The Angel of Death (Which I think is what he should be called. Death for short.) Death beats back the X-Men and the treason of their comrade shakes them up badly. Here, one of the characters should die. I vote that Pyro is killed by Death. (These movies fix a lot. Nightcrawler should return for these. And they should introduce characters like Havok and Polaris as this seems like a good place to introduce them. Have them join the X-Men. Also introduce Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as the characters who were helping Magneto recruit for the Anti-Apocalypse resistance.) The end of the second one has the return of Xavier to help rally the shaken X-Men.

The third one ends Apocalypse's reign with a united force of Mutants and Humans against the threat of the biggest enemy of them all. Here, they should kill some other majors, like Nightcrawler, Polaris, Rogue, and Quicksilver. Rogue is the most specatcualr death of the series. She is killed by draining Apocalypse's control from Death (Her "Cure" wore off too.). Archangel (as he calls himself later.) kills Apocalypse after Xavier weakens him (Which costs Xavier his legs. He's not just paralyzed, his legs get ripped off here.). Now the characters must have another funeral. Magneto escapes and brings some of the mutants who fought in the war with him (These movies could introduce some of the other Brotherhood members like Mastermind, Avalanche, and bring Blob out of Wolverine's movie.

Now just so you know, I didn't forget the rest of the characters. This is simply an outline. This shows how new ones fit in. The older characters are there, just not in this plot outline.

And as for the Wolverine minimates, the only one I want is Blob. Maybe I'll get Deadpool/Bone Claw because I want a Bone Claw and Sabertooth kinda sucks for me.

I agree. But I beleive that Apocalypse should show up at the middle of the first. Let the beginning of the first be kinda like Ultimate Sinister's quest: He's trying to kill 10 Mutants to bring out Apocalypse. About 2/3 of the way through the first, Apocalypse appears. Then the first ends with Angel's "Death."

The second part of the Apocalypse trilogy deals with his first attack on the world. Magneto begins to form a small resistance, revealing that his powers have returned. In the middle of the second, Apocalypse is losing the battle. But the tide is turned with the fourth of his Horsemen joining the battle: The Angel of Death (Which I think is what he should be called. Death for short.) Death beats back the X-Men and the treason of their comrade shakes them up badly. Here, one of the characters should die. I vote that Pyro is killed by Death. (These movies fix a lot. Nightcrawler should return for these. And they should introduce characters like Havok and Polaris as this seems like a good place to introduce them. Have them join the X-Men. Also introduce Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as the characters who were helping Magneto recruit for the Anti-Apocalypse resistance.) The end of the second one has the return of Xavier to help rally the shaken X-Men.

The third one ends Apocalypse's reign with a united force of Mutants and Humans against the threat of the biggest enemy of them all. Here, they should kill some other majors, like Nightcrawler, Polaris, Rogue, and Quicksilver. Rogue is the most specatcualr death of the series. She is killed by draining Apocalypse's control from Death (Her "Cure" wore off too.). Archangel (as he calls himself later.) kills Apocalypse after Xavier weakens him (Which costs Xavier his legs. He's not just paralyzed, his legs get ripped off here.). Now the characters must have another funeral. Magneto escapes and brings some of the mutants who fought in the war with him (These movies could introduce some of the other Brotherhood members like Mastermind, Avalanche, and bring Blob out of Wolverine's movie.

Now just so you know, I didn't forget the rest of the characters. This is simply an outline. This shows how new ones fit in. The older characters are there, just not in this plot outline.

And as for the Wolverine minimates, the only one I want is Blob. Maybe I'll get Deadpool/Bone Claw because I want a Bone Claw and Sabertooth kinda sucks for me.

You just got me in the mood to help write a screenplay. Anyone up for a fanfilm?? ;)

Seriously, i would have seen this in an instant. I always dreamed for Apocalypse's awakening in the movies. Although i wouldn't make it 2/3 of the first when he reveals himself; i'd rather go for one of the last scenes, where Sinisters opens his "coffin," says something, and then we just see a pair of deep, evil, red eyes glow. End movie. That would be a great way to reestablish the X-fanchise and milk out several million with three new films too. And we know how movies love to take peoples money, ESPECIALLY when they aren't good coughspiritcough.

um i thought wave 26 was supposed to have Psylocke, Gambit, Deadpool, Sabertooth, Wolverine and Skrull? where are THOSE preview pics???

No offense, but did you even go back and read the whoole thread, or at least some of it?? We've said on multiple instances that the "old" wave 26 was being pushed back to release this "new" one so DST could get a movie wave out actually sometime near it's initial release. Smart?? Yes. Upsetting?? Hell yes.

You just got me in the mood to help write a screenplay. Anyone up for a fanfilm?? ;)

Seriously, i would have seen this in an instant. I always dreamed for Apocalypse's awakening in the movies. Although i wouldn't make it 2/3 of the first when he reveals himself; i'd rather go for one of the last scenes, where Sinisters opens his "coffin," says something, and then we just see a pair of deep, evil, red eyes glow. End movie. That would be a great way to reestablish the X-fanchise and milk out several million with three new films too. And we know how movies love to take peoples money, ESPECIALLY when they aren't good coughspiritcough.

Hmmm... This epicness deserves more than a Fanfilm. But if you want to tackle a screenplay, I'm up for it. Just be warned, I have a lot of things to do and this will probably be a long time running as the rest of the school year is pretty tight. But bring it on.

Hmmm... This epicness deserves more than a Fanfilm. But if you want to tackle a screenplay, I'm up for it. Just be warned, I have a lot of things to do and this will probably be a long time running as the rest of the school year is pretty tight. But bring it on.

Wow now we're making movies so we can get minimates from them. What have I wrought? :P

Wow now we're making movies so we can get minimates from them. What have I wrought? :P

Is anyone here good with Stop-Motion animation? we could film the whole thing with MiniMates! :P

Is anyone here good with Stop-Motion animation? we could film the whole thing with MiniMates! :P

... except we'd need Minimates of Mister Sinister, Pyro, the rest of the Brotherhood, the rest of the Four Horsemen... :blink:

"I want to stage a big-budget Minimate stop-motion production of the X-Men! Who's with me???" :lol:

... except we'd need Minimates of Mister Sinister, Pyro, the rest of the Brotherhood, the rest of the Four Horsemen...

"I want to stage a big-budget Minimate stop-motion production of the X-Men! Who's with me???" :lol:

Dibbs on being the sets and props maker B)

i can see us next year getting a little gold minimate oscar

Peeps. Can we cut down on the excessive quoting please. It's making the thread very difficult to read.

Please take the 30 seconds or so required to trim other peoples posts down to just the relevant paragraphs.

Rogue is the most specatcualr death of the series. She is killed by draining Apocalypse's control from Death (Her "Cure" wore off too.)

Now I don't think the Cure itself was faulty. Rogue was given a dose in a treatment centre. Magneto was injected with a pod of Cure darts that were broken! The pod itself was broken and so I think that only Magneto's cure is ineffective and not all of them.

This could very well be the first Marvel wave that I skip, and I've been buying since wave 1. I'm not very enthusiastic for the movie to begin with, and I'm even less thrilled about getting three more Wolverines. Wolverines which are not that different from each other. Though they did nail the likeness.

I'm not sure why they keep on even making movie waves. They don't even come out until many months after the movie is in theaters and all the hype is gone.

I'll probably still end up getting them, but I'd really prefer a new comic wave rather than these.

Rogue is the most specatcualr death of the series. She is killed by draining Apocalypse's control from Death (Her "Cure" wore off too.)

Now I don't think the Cure itself was faulty. Rogue was given a dose in a treatment centre. Magneto was injected with a pod of Cure darts that were broken! The pod itself was broken and so I think that only Magneto's cure is ineffective and not all of them.

I do not believe that was the implication of the end scene. Also, who says Rogue was cured? I thought she couldn't do it. ;)

I do not believe that was the implication of the end scene. Also, who says Rogue was cured? I thought she couldn't do it. ;)

She held hands with Bobby, ungloved and he didn't get hurt. . . . I'd say her powers are gone.

There is a deleted scene where she didn't do it.

She held hands with Bobby, ungloved and he didn't get hurt. . . . I'd say her powers are gone.

For now. I believe the cure was indeed faulty. I mean, Mutants got their power back when they leave Leech's presence. Who's to say that the cure doesn't lose effectiveness when fluids are passed out of the body. When new blood cells are created and the old ones die off, who's to say that that particular strand of DNA survived? That the more dominant and constantly evolving X-Gene didn't build up against the Cure like bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics? I believe that this was what happened to the Cure: evolution fought it off.