UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #26

TBT!

Ugh....most of these will be a pass for me. The fact that this is being based purely on the Wolverine movie and they missed their opportunity to do a Maverick or Gambit figure is disappointing to say the least. I may have to pick up one of the Wolverine's though......

See this is exactly the point...

How many people have said, I will pass the wave but will pick up one of the wolverines, quiet a few of you...

Now take that out into the non hardcore minimate world where people don't preorder whole waves ( i.e. the majority of customers) and a store that has these on the shelves... if they did 7 different characters for the waves then only one in 3or4 people would get a wolverine from the movie... they would peg warm like snow coats in hell.

T.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the claws, I'm looking at them, and I'm thinking they're the X3 claws. i just can't get that out of my head.

They are not the X3 claws, remember the conversation way back when (yesterday) where I said they weren't a reuse... well I had the X3 wolverine mini in front of me and anyone but an idiot could see they are different... why couldn't you... oh never mind I think just answered my own question.

T.

Seriously, was that comment needed? You seem to be getting ruder as the days go on man LOL :ermm: Not trying to start anything but if a post bugs you, just ignore it. No need to be insulting.

Yeah, I thought that too.

And you also seem to be acting like it's a personal insult if people aren't happy that these are coming out. No big deal, man. Some people will enjoy 'em and some won't. That's the nature of everything.

Seriously, was that comment needed? You seem to be getting ruder as the days go on man LOL :ermm: Not trying to start anything but if a post bugs you, just ignore it. No need to be insulting.

Ignore it huh, Like you did with that post? ;)

T.

Ignore it huh, Like you did with that post? ;)

T.

Yeah, that's what being courteous is all about. Correcting others mistakes in a friendly way so that we can all enjoy the time we spend on here. Right TBT?

I must have as many of these as possible. My love for possible civilian mates knows no bounds.

High five! :)

I'm starting to get drawn more and more into the convert-movie-Deadpool-into-Blade-Trinity-Hannibal-King plan of some of the boardies here. I always thought that was a neat/fun movie to watch... sure, it's not Iron Man but it's Blade for gravy's sake! Now all we'd need is some Minimate recreations of Wesley Snipes and Jessica Biel... and Triple H, but that's probably a conversation best saved for a WWE wish list thread :P

Is it just me or does Blob remind anyone else of Marlon Brando?

Island of Dr. Moreau mates. :tongue: I, like Timbo will be picking up this wave(the completist monkey in the corner will hit me if I don't. :P ), it's not a striking set, but they nailed the characters.

Ugh....most of these will be a pass for me. The fact that this is being based purely on the Wolverine movie and they missed their opportunity to do a Maverick or Gambit figure is disappointing to say the least. I may have to pick up one of the Wolverine's though......

See this is exactly the point...

How many people have said, I will pass the wave but will pick up one of the wolverines, quiet a few of you...

Now take that out into the non hardcore minimate world where people don't preorder whole waves ( i.e. the majority of customers) and a store that has these on the shelves... if they did 7 different characters for the waves then only one in 3or4 people would get a wolverine from the movie... they would peg warm like snow coats in hell.

T.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Gambit has been an extremely popular X-Man for quite some time now and would likely be one that would sell quite well. Additionally, it might even drum up some interest in acquiring a different set of figures, instead of the one set someone might be interested in acquiring now. The Maverick suggestion is based purely on my own personal wish list, but I think having three Wolverine's in the wave is a tad high - two with a Gambit to replacement would have been about perfect. Just my opinion though.

As for the claws, I'm looking at them, and I'm thinking they're the X3 claws. i just can't get that out of my head.

They are not the X3 claws, remember the conversation way back when (yesterday) where I said they weren't a reuse... well I had the X3 wolverine mini in front of me and anyone but an idiot could see they are different... why couldn't you... oh never mind I think just answered my own question.

T.

p.s. Please read the guidelines about sig images...

Perhaps you should read the guidelines, there is one titled 'Be Courteous!' :thumbsup:

But, I understand why you are frustrated. While there are a number of people who enjoy this wave (like me), it seems like so many are nitpicking. However, Wolverine sells. We buy him. The casual collector buys him. He is huge. Like it or not, Wolverine is about to become even bigger in the next 6 months. With the new cartoon Wolverine and the X-Men starting in the US AND his own major motion picture being released, Wolverine will sell. In order for the Marvel Minimates line to stay afloat in a crappy economy, they have to make the figures that the consumers will buy. While I'm a little disappointed there is no movie Gambit, I am being optimistic that he will come out in a box set. If not, I'll be happy with my comic Gambit that will be coming out a few months later. No biggie.

I'm confused, is the originally announced wave 26(Deadpool, Gambit, Psylocke) going to be 27?

Yessir. I believe that's what is currently planned =)

Worst. Spring. Ever.

Pretty sweet, i might keep one to be my normal wolverine, then use the rest for customs. Loving the swords right now, and plenty of things to make civilians with.

And thanks to the crazy cool look of Sabretooth, im not a Sabre-Fan. he just looks great both ways.

Im definetly purchasing these.

Edit: They MUST make the dog tags sculpted, it helps me with a guile custom.

What's weird is that the dog tags are painted on in one picture, but it's a necklace in the group shot :<

Edited by Dio

Joe Hill raises some interesting points -- might there be a box set with Weapon X Logan, Gambit, Emma Frost and, er, someone else? [they shoehorned so many people into this film it's hard to keep track.]

There are two characters that are major enough that I can think of shoving here. One is Stryker who I doubt we'd get anywhere else, kinda like Raza from Hostile Takeover. The other is this infamous Weapon XI played by Scott Adkins who I know nothing about other than that he's in the final fight.

I also think that finishing off Team X would be a possibility for the boxset: Weapon X, Kesteral, Gambit, Silver Fox, Agent Zero, all of these can do it. But I think that Gambit isn't technically on the team, so maybe not him. So perhaps Weapon X Wolverine, Gambit, Frost, and Weapon XI or Stryker would be the best.

In the group shot it looks like the shirtless Wolvie will come with a dogtags accessory.

He better, dammit! And yeah, I think gambit will sell well, but on 1 occasion, if he is done right. I know and you know that AA sometimes doesnt get everything right when they release characters for the 1st time. look at past waves and you'll see. i just hope they get it right like they did in the last 2 waves.

I'm not too impressed, they're not bad but do we really need more Wolverine mates (3 in one wave)!? Also I would've preferred if they had just made a 4 figure set comprising of Wolverine, Sabretooth, Deadpool and the Blob.

I hope the next wave features the Jim Lee versions of Psylocke and Gambit.

After all the superb versions (well ,most of them) of Wolverine/Logan that we've had .......we get these? Remove the clawed hands from almost any other Minimate version & replace them with ordinary hands you still have an instantly recognisable Wolverine/Logan albeit with retracted claws. These new versions treated in the same manner leave you with .......Hugh Jackman,trying out his wardrobe.

Well since noone asked, I will drop my 2 cents into the pile.

The figures themselves, look like they are made very well. I think the draw back for the hard cores is that we just saw wave 25 *which seems to be a HUGE success...and really speaks to the 616ers..

As well as knowing that wave 27 (now) has a ton of Fan favorites...has been bumped back, most are still in shock.

Do I think this wave will sell? If the movie is good, it will definitely sell.

Will the hard cores buy em all? maybe, maybe not, but I would imagine at least SOME of them will be bought just for customs etc.

Personally, I am ok with this wave if it sells, and keeps marvel minimates going strong.

I also think that some of the more talented customizers out there can make a pretty damn close to cannon blob from this figure.

Now having said that, I can not wait to see what Gambit an Psylocke will look like

Hail Kang

moc847

Well since noone asked, I will drop my 2 cents into the pile.

The figures themselves, look like they are made very well. I think the draw back for the hard cores is that we just saw wave 25 *which seems to be a HUGE success...and really speaks to the 616ers..

As well as knowing that wave 27 (now) has a ton of Fan favorites...has been bumped back, most are still in shock.

Do I think this wave will sell? If the movie is good, it will definitely sell.

Will the hard cores buy em all? maybe, maybe not, but I would imagine at least SOME of them will be bought just for customs etc.

Personally, I am ok with this wave if it sells, and keeps marvel minimates going strong.

I also think that some of the more talented customizers out there can make a pretty damn close to cannon blob from this figure.

Well said, moc. Though personally I would still reserve some skepticism as to whether these mates really WILL sell; whether or not they get released in time for the movie, the big factor here remains whether these would be attractive enough to catch a casual buyer's eye on the shelves. Here's hoping DST's strategy works, and that more people will discover that really, there's more to Marvel minifigures than just Superhero Squad.

Now having said that, I can not wait to see what Gambit an Psylocke will look like

Amen! I'm also dying to know how prototype Deadpool would compare to his original design specs.

Methinks once the pics of Wave 27 get leaked, the (Minimate) Multiverse might self-collapse :blink:

I'm guessing wave 27 became 26 because of the release date of the movie? I mean, it's all part of marketing. If you wait till the movie is out of theaters then these wont sell nearly as good.

I've got very mixed feelings about these, I think I'll just wait for the movie and if it's good, get some of them(the variant just looks useless), and if the movie is another Ghost Rider/F4 I'll sit this wave out. Still a bit bummed about wave 26 being pushed back(I just might have to punch a baby) but I'll live. Maybe.

These look pretty authentic to the source material I've seen. Makes me especially lament the lack of MovieMates for Batman and Watchmen, though. :angry:

Watchmen is DC, right?