UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #26

TBT!

Hmmm, a bit underwhelming. At the moment, I'm feeling so indifferent towards these that I'm not 100% sure I can commit to getting them (wave 27? Absolutely!). I do see Frank Castle getting alot of use of that Sabretooth trench-coat though! Some nice pieces, but as a whole...not really what I'm in the market for.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not horrible, but after the pictures of Marvel 25 and the Terminator minimates, I find these very underwelming. I might pick up Blob because he's a new character, but even he just seems ...ehh... No offense to those who like them, just not my cup of tea, I guess.

I can see why people were disappointed when they first heard about the lineup for this wave since it has a good amount of Wolverines and that the other one was pushed back.

The Wovlerines look pretty good actually.

The Sabretooth aren't to shabby eighter.I like the Trench Coat.

DeadPool isn't too bad though he could be any civilian.

The Blob is really not that great looking and I don't mean he's bad but it just doesn't look like Blob to me, I think it's the hair. Doesn't he have brown hair in the comics and cartoons? Other than that he does look kinda cool.

Even though I don't see myself running out to get these when they come out I still think you guys over at DST and AA did a good job with making them look the characters from the movie.

These might sell good with the kid if these are in TRU stores when the movie comes out.

Slurpy FTW! :teehee:

I really like the Wolverine in his leather jacket, but is his belt on the chest block? That looks a little odd.

I'm guessing that, like previous belts, it is a separate piece. I looks like whoever took the pic just failed to push the belt down the peg far enough.

I think Blob, Sabretooth, and Deadpool look pretty cool. The main leather jacket Wolverine looks good too. While I'm surprised by the amount of Wolverines, I imagine this is so every person that purchases a set is a guaranteed a Logan, no matter what.

I do find it strange that Gambit, arguably the most hyped character in the new movie, was left out. This leads me to believe that he could be included in a boxset, similar to Raza with Iron Man. Similarly, Weapon X was left out too (I am referring to Logan right after his adamantium bonding, all bloody and enraged). For a Wolverine origins story, he seems like an ideal choice.

But in all, I do like this wave more than I thought, enough to where I will purchase the wave. I can't help being a bit disappointed since I was expecting a movie Gambit and Weapon X. Oh well, I'm still happy.

liking the new claw mold too, yeah.

i have no major dislike for these. they're no MUST HAVE THEM NOWWWWW items for me, though, but they're pretty nice.

not seeing any dead-on likenesses myself, although that might just be the early hour here. there's an awful lot of Logans here, i gotta say -- even for a "but it's his movie" wave -- although i guess that's all they can do since he's not an X-Man or in an X-Men costume by the end of this film yet [that happens in X1, which this is intended to lead into]. there's bone claws/dog tags shirtless Logan [sculpted separate-piece dog tags in the group shot, look], iconic Movie-style jacket Logan, and bone claws/life vest/somewhat unnecessary Logan. i may just keep the first two as-is and devote the third to custom parts [the bone claws can go to one of the yellow-costume 616 Wolverines, hair can be used for a Ra's Al Ghul, and so on].

i may get an extra Blob to have repainted into his 616 duds. might also try to slap together a Maverick out of the Special Forces Creed or something; i love how he's packed with gear. black jacket creed is badass; may get another one for custom bits [commissioner gordon's gonna want a jacket that cool]. also as expected, this deadpool's going to be custom parts fodder while i wait for the 616 one in wave 27.

Joe Hill raises some interesting points -- might there be a box set with Weapon X Logan, Gambit, Emma Frost and, er, someone else? [they shoehorned so many people into this film it's hard to keep track.] i wouldn't say no to that, i suppose; neither would i object violently to a Wolverine Through The Ages [although that's been covered well by regular releases, there's still a handful of outfits that could be done].

Edited by lastmaximal

Pretty sweet, i might keep one to be my normal wolverine, then use the rest for customs. Loving the swords right now, and plenty of things to make civilians with.

And thanks to the crazy cool look of Sabretooth, im not a Sabre-Fan. he just looks great both ways.

Im definetly purchasing these.

Edit: They MUST make the dog tags sculpted, it helps me with a guile custom.

Edited by Gouki

Wow. Those are AWFUL. They look to have more in common with the Clint Eastwood minimates than X3. I might actually pass on this wave on purpose. I can't believe I just said that about Minimates. :(

I think Blob, Sabretooth, and Deadpool look pretty cool. The main leather jacket Wolverine looks good too. While I'm surprised by the amount of Wolverines, I imagine this is so every person that purchases a set is a guaranteed a Logan, no matter what.

I do find it strange that Gambit, arguably the most hyped character in the new movie, was left out. This leads me to believe that he could be included in a boxset, similar to Raza with Iron Man. Similarly, Weapon X was left out too (I am referring to Logan right after his adamantium bonding, all bloody and enraged). For a Wolverine origins story, he seems like an ideal choice.

But in all, I do like this wave more than I thought, enough to where I will purchase the wave. I can't help being a bit disappointed since I was expecting a movie Gambit and Weapon X. Oh well, I'm still happy.

That's what I was thinking. Though after the response to this thread, I'd advise DST to NOT do a box set. <_< I really wanted a Weapon X to boot. Oh well, maybe 27?

As for the claws, I'm looking at them, and I'm thinking they're the X3 claws. i just can't get that out of my head.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

As for the claws, I'm looking at them, and I'm thinking they're the X3 claws. i just can't get that out of my head.

They are not the X3 claws, remember the conversation way back when (yesterday) where I said they weren't a reuse... well I had the X3 wolverine mini in front of me and anyone but an idiot could see they are different... why couldn't you... oh never mind I think just answered my own question.

T.

p.s. Please read the guidelines about sig images...

Ugh....most of these will be a pass for me. The fact that this is being based purely on the Wolverine movie and they missed their opportunity to do a Maverick or Gambit figure is disappointing to say the least. I may have to pick up one of the Wolverine's though......

They are not the X3 claws, remember the conversation way back when (yesterday) where I said they weren't a reuse... well I had the X3 wolverine mini in front of me and anyone but an idiot could see they are different... why couldn't you... oh never mind I think just answered my own question.

T.

Seriously, was that comment needed? You seem to be getting ruder as the days go on man LOL :ermm: Not trying to start anything but if a post bugs you, just ignore it. No need to be insulting.