UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #26

TBT!

OK folks as promised, Once again thanks to DST for letting us preview these here first

Below are images for the wolverine wave. These are suppposed to be out in the Spring sometime and the previous wave #26 (Gambit deadpool Pyslocke etc) will be out Late summer.

Enjoy!

Wolverine & The Blob

Special Ops Wolverine & Deadpool

Logan & Sabretooth

Logan & Special Ops Sabretooth

post-7-1232121323_thumb.jpg

post-7-1232121339_thumb.jpg

post-7-1232121382_thumb.jpg

post-7-1232121366_thumb.jpg

post-7-1232121434_thumb.jpg

post-7-1232121417_thumb.jpg

post-7-1232121501_thumb.jpg

post-7-1232121524_thumb.jpg

T.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really nailed the High Jackman likeness! Even if I don't like the movie I am buying this wave and putting comic Wolverine heads on all these bodies. I love the leather jacket and savage Logans.

And the Blob minimate made me laugh out loud. He comes with an icee!!

Thanks DST for another preview!

Edited by luke314pi

So, 2 of the 3 Wolvies will have bone claws. . .

I also like the Jackman likeness, but these are a bit too hum-drum for my tastes. I'm also not really seeing Schrieber in the Sabreteeth here. He may be a human like Tim Roth, who needs a nose to really come through.

Guess I was right about the boxing gloves on Blob. The fact that he comes with a Slurpee accessory is freakin' hilarious. Hope he has normal minimate hands as well. Oh and I hope he (the minimate) is bigger in person, than the prototype looks.

The rest of 'em look pretty boring. I know he's the star of the movie, but there really is no need for 3 Wolverines in this series. Replace 2 of 'em with Gambit and Emma Frost and it would be a passable wave.

P.S: I can't believe Deadpool isn't all hamburgered up like his comic counterpart. That sucks!

Huh. I would've figured the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool would have brown/blond hair.

Not bad, but not necessarily mind-blowing either. However I am now interested in that Blob and his mini-slushie (:lol:). But wait... why does Blob have a sculpted head? (Oh right, because he's huge and he needs the head to match.)

Meh, I will probably be getting this whole wave anyway. I was planning on tracking down the wave 22 Emil Blonsky for his SWAT-ish accessories but at least now the Special Ops Wolvie and Sabretooth have those covered as well.

EDIT: And now that I've had a good look at the pics, at least now I can say that these mates have a spiffy wardrobe. (Handy for "dressing up" civilian mates.)

Edited by NorthRaider

Looking at then I really like the wolverines... great likeness and I love the Blob. Not so keen on Deadpool or Sabretooth. I'll pick up the whole series because i'm a completest though.

The big complaints I'm seeing from people are about the number of wolverines, look at it this way, If you walked into a store (and weren't the first there so could cherry pick the wave) saw a nothing but half a dozen packs that didn't have wolverine in them for a wolverine movie you'd say it was stupid and they'd never sell.

The other complaint is that this blob/deadpool isn't the comic version... hello... this is a movie wave!

T.

Not knocking Liev Schrieber or condonning Tyler Mane's acting, but I think that Mane would have been the better choice to play Sabretooth in the Wolverine Origin movie. First off, moviewise, I think they should have kept some sense of consistancy with the character (lookswise and heightwise) from the original X-men movie. Secondly, Mane's Sabretooth would have made for a better looking minimate for this series HANDS DOWN! Schrieber just doesn't cut he mustard for me.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Though Mini-Myte essentially says as much, Schrieber is a much better actor than Mane (from what I've seen). Since Sabretooth won't be a glorified gorilla in this movie, I think it is best that Mane was kept out of it. Maybe the Minimate could be better, but for the purposes of the movie itself, Schrieber is one thing I'm really looking forward to

Yeah, I'm quite underwhelmed with this wave. I knew something wasn't right when I pulled the pics up and thought "Is that deadpool?" And then to toss random logans into the mix, when there was potential for new characters, really confuses me. But oh well, they can't all be A+ I suppose...

the blob looks great,but other than that i aint buying any of them.i'll wait for the comic deadpool,wolverine,and sabertooth.

the blob looks great,but other than that i aint buying any of them.i'll wait for the comic deadpool,wolverine,and sabertooth.