UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T-2: Wave 1 announced!

Okay, call me a n00b, but as some of you may have noticed, I've been WAY out of the Minimate loop for a while. Stopped by my LCS today and my good friend Nathan pulled out a buttload (Marvel series [forget which one] with Hydra agent, Terminator 2 single-packs, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine wave) of stuff for me.

I hope you mean you got an AIM agent, because if you somehow picked up a hydra agent at this time, then the board is coming for you.

Wasn't General John Connor supposed to come with a pair of binoculars? Mine just came with a black pistol. Can anybody (lucky enough to have gotten Connor) confirm the same?

yeah, mine doesn't have the binoculars either. grrr

I really love this metal t-1000. it's great.

I saw one a while back with the metal hands he in the part he's chasing the car. was this idea scratched, or has it just not been made yet?

Mine doesnt have binoculars either. As for the metal hook hands, I dont remember hearing it was nixed, so maybe they will come with the t1000 in the biker cop outfit (the one thats not silver and he has a helmet), or the cop outfit with the 3 bullet holes in the chest. One of them is supposed to have the spike arm. The battle damaged one has the spiky finger so you can make your hugh jackman wolverine spill milk all over the floor. :)

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dumb question but on the half human terminator. can you remove the chest piece and if so is it decoed underneath?

If so any pics would be very appreciated

moc847

the chest is removable. underneath it looks similar to the exo, just with some torn clothes. i will try and post pic.

I called my TRU this morning, and the girl confirmed that they were in this morning's delivery. She put me on hold and went to check the sales floor for me. She got back on the line, and said, "Yes, we have the full series in stock. The one I saw has the Terminator and Judge Dredd together." Its a new variant! :lol:

Oh, how I wish she was right (regardless of how illogical it would be)!!

Yea, I found the TRU wave today in Independence, Missouri!! I was just going to get the TRU exclusive (S.W.A.T. Officer/ Assault Gear T-800) since I ordered the comic store set (for the love of Reese), buuuut...new Minimates in-hand always trumps practicality (I bought them all). I can't wait for the rest to hit!

After playing around with the Endoskeleton for a while, I think the best look for him is with the chest piece, but NO crotch piece. I am still torn on the hands. They are too big, but they also look really cool.

I am painting an extra set of legs for the Battle Damaged T-800 with the damaged knee like we saw at Toy Fair. The orange legs are not growing on me. Also, does the thumb on the T-1000's pointy hand seem enormous to anyone else? I don't think the guy would have a problem hitchhiking... of course he would just jump through the windshield and throw the driver out, but that's besides the point. :P

All of these minor complaints aside, I really love this series so far. I can't wait for my single packs to arrive, and SDCC can't come soon enough.

I don't have an issue with the pointy finger length. I would have to watch the movie again to make sure, but he was on the phone disguised as John's foster mom, and extended the finger far enough that it went a foot or two, then through the milk container and the guy's head. So it wasn't too short, as I recall.

DSCN1035.jpg

Regarding the Endoskeleton, I can't take the chest or crotch piece, so they both stay off for me. Wish they had a tampo on his crotch component under the sheath, though. He looks a bit weird with all the detail on him, but just flat silver on this crotch area.

Love this guy:

DSCN1034.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Regarding the Endoskeleton, I can't take the chest or crotch piece, so they both stay off for me. Wish they had a tampo on his crotch component under the sheath, though. He looks a bit weird with all the detail on him, but just flat silver on this crotch area.

Love this guy:

DSCN1034.jpg

I do not mind the endo, but the front part of the crotch piece of this terminator was missing on mine :( A solid brown looks really weird IMO. Right now I have it turned around, so it is the belt without the fly. I hope that the one I get with the set I preordered from BBTS has the right paint app.

I initially thought the crotch slip piece on T-800 was a bit unnecessary, but when I took it off he looked a little punier, somehow. So, I think it works. I would definitely try to return it for one with the belt tampo if I were you.

I don't have an issue with the pointy finger length. I would have to watch the movie again to make sure, but he was on the phone disguised as John's foster mom, and extended the finger far enough that it went a foot or two, then through the milk container and the guy's head. So it wasn't too short, as I recall.

No, not his pointy finger, the thumb on that hand. Its gigantic!

DSCN1035.jpg

having just seen the movie (well i actually watched all 3 just for fun) during the final battle t-1000 corners sarah and says "call to john" and as motivation he makes a that extended the finger.

i would recommend to everyone to watch that movie again not just for the sake of minimates but for the sake of mankind!

Funny that the T-800s have powerhouse crotches. The AA designers certainly have a high regard for Arnold, putting him right up there with the likes of Hulk and Giant Man. ;)

The skin tone on half-human terminator is definitely lighter than the other terminators. Does this mean he's intended to be a different model than the Arnold ones?

Edited by Cappy

Funny that the T-800s have powerhouse crotches. The AA designers certainly have a high regard for Arnold, putting him right up there with the likes of Hulk and Giant Man. ;)

The skin tone on half-human terminator is definitely lighter than the other terminators. Does this mean he's intended to be a different model than the Arnold ones?

hey now, let's be fair. arnold could beat the whole avengers line-up single-handed. you are familiar with his work in total recall?

I want running man minimates =(

The Terminator minimates are now in stock at TRU.com as well. I'd assume pre-orders are starting to process/ship as well.

They showed up here on the West Coast as well... the couple of waves at TRU have arrived out west at the same time they show up "in stock" on the web.

I am so impatient waiting for BBTS to say my pre-order for the singles is in stock so I can ship my loot. Has anyone who pre-ordered got an e-mail yet? They show singles in stock but haven't filled my pre-order for the set of 5 yet.

My TRU got these in sometime between Thursday and today (I checked late Weds.) They had three of the T-800/SWAT pack and three of the T-800/Endoskeleton pack. No T-1000s :angry: which I was really looking forward to. Someone bought/hid at least three of those packs. So, I had to take the chance with TRU online.

I like the Assault T-800 best out of all of them.

The T-1000 one is great.