UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T-2: Wave 1 announced!

There was one unconfirmed report of a sighting, but they disappeared from shelves before anyone could score any, so they haven't officially been released yet. When I last emailed TRU about it, they said look for them at the end of May, but since then, AA/DST has altered the shipping list to indicated July as the release of series 1, so who knows exactly when we'll see them.

"Uconfirmed" is right. I don't think this person ever saw them in the store. I find it hard to believe that one errant case made it to a Toys R Us, that the person who saw it couldn't buy even one pack, and they were suddenly gone so fast... Not to mention that there have been none listed on ebay and nobody else has seen any. They simply haven't shipped yet. There have been sightings of the peg stickers, but that just means an employee stuck them out by mistake. Not calling anyone a liar, just confused... or dreaming. My thoughts, but I've been known to be wrong before.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TM2 may have his, er. . .issues, but I wouldn't call his word into question. If he says he saw them, I believe it. They probably just put them out earlier than they were supposed to, and put them back up when they realized their mistake.

TM2 may have his, er. . .issues, but I wouldn't call his word into question. If he says he saw them, I believe it. They probably just put them out earlier than they were supposed to, and put them back up when they realized their mistake.

Agreed. I used to work at a retail store, and occasionally someone would accidentally break the street date of a product and put it out too early, or in this case, someone from the warehouse shipped it too early.

Off topic:

LUKE!

Where is the π-pie?

You made a miniyou!

Awesome!

back on topic.

:lol:

It starts with a mini-me... and soon I will make a life sized me, and send it to work every day while I stay at home and make more customs. :P

It starts with a mini-me... and soon I will make a life sized me, and send it to work every day while I stay at home and make more customs. :P

how hilarious would that be, your co-workers just staring on in horror as this plastic version of you walks into your work.

keep in mind how completely terrifying this would look, as naturally you would have the same amount of articulation as a standard 'mate. :lol:

There was one unconfirmed report of a sighting, but they disappeared from shelves before anyone could score any, so they haven't officially been released yet. When I last emailed TRU about it, they said look for them at the end of May, but since then, AA/DST has altered the shipping list to indicated July as the release of series 1, so who knows exactly when we'll see them.

oh okay, I thought I remembered more people seeing them. thanks for clearing that up =)

Edited by killcharlesdead

Can someone tell me what all T-2 minimates we will be seeing? :blink: sorry ive been gone for 3 and 1/2 months

Can someone tell me what all T-2 minimates we will be seeing? :blink: sorry ive been gone for 3 and 1/2 months

Here ya go: Terminator 2 singles , Terminator 2 series 1, TRU exclusive T-800 & SWAT team member, AFX SDCC exclusive Assault on Cyberdyne and Terminator 2 series 2

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Okay, now I'm REALLY confused as to the lineups on these guys... wasn't the explodey T-1000 going to be a different wave from the eye-hole one? Now they're "both" in the same pack?

Edited by NorthRaider

How ironic that these begin to show up on the day where my TRU are burying the Terminator merchandise in the back of the store to make room for the new Transformers toys.

And thanks for the pics, Hulk. Got any more to share? :)

Edited by boyd

Following Boyd's point, I think this is a real shame. The hype over the Terminator movie is already starting to wane, and then they come out? Despite their success getting the Wolvie-'Mates to TRU in time, I guess they still need a little work trying to synchronize toy with movie releases.

I picked up all three packs just a few minutes ago but I am at work so I can't post any pics until I get home, I'm sure someone else will beat me to it, these really do look great! I am happy that there are two versions of the T-1000 so I don't feel bad about getting him at TRU because then the wave 1 T-1000 I get can just be displayed in the alternate version!

These are from TRU. Tell them to look up product number 244964.

P1010034_editedMedium.jpg

P1010036_editedMedium.jpg

The gas mask / hair piece is molded in clear plastic, I'd like to try taking all the paint off...

P1010038_editedMedium.jpg

P1010041_editedMedium.jpg

P1010043_editedMedium.jpg

Alternate hair w/out shades on the Governator and the endo w/out the extra chest piece. Torso is molded in clear with silver wrap-around tampo. Pretty sweet stuff...

Endo has fingers :ohmy:

And a nose... sort of.

And THANK YOU hulk197 for that magnificent closeup of the gatling gun :D

I may get those two packs just for the awesome guns. Mr. Punisher, your armory will be even better shortly.