UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 27: Origins Wolverine

Marvel Zombies

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I'm confused. Are these going to be movie versions? So we're actually getting 4 Sabertooths in 2 waves? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! >:{

3 Sabretooths. But Sabretooth = :buttrock: , especially the first appearance version.

Sucks alot that this is moving the comic set back a series.

I hope they make money and keep minimates coming out and all, but for people who were really looking forward to that series, this delay really blows.

Yeah - Epic disappointment here! I have been Hanging out for Comic versions of Psylocke, Gambit, & Sabretooth from the begining (not to mention the Deadpool).

How far back do we think 26 (or the new 27) is going to be pushed back? Or will they keep the same schedule & just sssqueeze (MoTU shout-out) the new 26 in?

OK folks before we all start crying they replaced a wolverine wave of minimates with a wolverine wave of minimates... let me share a quote taken from part of an email exchange from DST..

I'm sure you'll have noticed that this Series 26 isn't the same as the one we announced previously. In order to get Wolverine Movie Minimates out in time for the movie, we've had to switch around a few releases. The previously announced Series 26 is still coming and will still include the same characters (Wolverine, Psylocke, Gambit, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Skrull) however it has been pushed back. This means instead of a Spring 09 release you'll be getting those guys toward the end of the summer.

Also why so much negativity towards the wave, I guess you dont want to see pix in the morning then?

T.

OK folks befopre we all start crying they replaced a wolverine wave of minimates with a wolverine wave of minimates... let me share a quote taken from part of an email exchange from DST..

I'm sure you'll have noticed that this Series 26 isn't the same as the one we announced previously. In order to get Wolverine Movie Minimates out in time for the movie, we've had to switch around a few releases. The previously announced Series 26 is still coming and will still include the same characters (Wolverine, Psylocke, Gambit, Deadpool, Sabretooth, Skrull) however it has been pushed back. This means instead of a Spring 09 release you'll be getting those guys toward the end of the summer.

Also why so much negativity towards the wave, I guess you dont want to see pix in the morning then?

T.

Morning?? I was hoping 12:01 am TBT :biggrin:

Okay, so wait. Here's what we're looking at:

Wave 25?

Pack 1: Wolverine & The Blob

Pack 2: Special Ops Wolverine & Deadpool

Pack 3: Logan & Sabretooth

Pack 4: Logan & Variant Special Ops Sabretooth

Wave 26?

Pack 1: Captain America & Red Skull

Pack 2: Red Hulk & Ska’ar

Pack 3: Classic Iron Man & AIM Agent

Pack 4: Variant “Bolt-Face” Iron Man & AIM Agent

Wave 27?

Pack 1: Wolverine & Deadpool

Pack 2: Gambit & Psylocke

Pack 3: Sabretooth & Skrull

Pack 4: Variant First Appearance Sabretooth & Skrull

25 and 26 my be switched if I read this wrong. I don't know. But yes, you smarmy people. That's 4 Sabretooths. Teeth. Tootheses. Whatever. Am I the only one having issues with this lineup?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I wonder if the movie Blob minimate will come with boxing gloves (as seen in the trailer)? Guess they could always reuse the Rocky ones.

P.S: Off topic a bit, but speaking of the Wolverine Origins trailer, anybody notice the white haired little black girl at the 1:53 minute mark? I guess Storm's making an appearance from her younger days. Just thought I'd mention it.

OK folks before we all start crying they replaced a wolverine wave of minimates with a wolverine wave of minimates... let me share a quote taken from part of an email exchange from DST..

T.

At a guess, I'd say people are disappointed that comic book favorites they've wanted for a very long time have been pushed back for a movie wave that is half full of more versions of Wolverine.

They may look great and use new innovative sculpting and parts that will be great for army/civilian building. But if you really wanted a Gambit or Psylocke from the comics, that doesn't cover up the disappointment

altogether.

Edited by Mystery Man

At a guess, I'd say people are disappointed that comic book favorites they've wanted for a very long time have been pushed back for a movie wave that is half full of more versions of Wolverine.

They may look great and use new innovative sculpting and parts that will be great for army/civilian building. But if you really wanted a Gambit or Psylocke from the comics, that doesn't cover up the disappointment

altogether.

Doesn't anyone think that having a new wave of minimates announced today and getting pix for them tomorrow is exciting or are you all so jaded that you only want the minimates you want and not those that might appeal to others?

T.

Okay, so wait. Here's what we're looking at:

Wave 25?

Pack 3: Logan & Sabretooth

Pack 4: Logan & Variant Special Ops Sabretooth

25 and 26 my be switched if I read this wrong. I don't know. But yes, you smarmy people. That's 4 Sabretooths. Teeth. Tootheses. Whatever. Am I the only one having issues with this lineup?

I saw "(variant)" next to Wolvie's name and assumed that we were getting a variant Wolverine of some type. But, you could be right, maybe it's just the variant pack. I would personally prefer one more Sabretooth than Wolverine in that wave. We might never get another ST, but I can guarantee we'll get more Wolvies before all is said and done (not even including Secret Invasion and Marvel Heroes 4 pack versions)

Edited by karamazov80

Yikes! While I'm always a supporter for Marvel Movie minimates, all those Wolverines seems a bit much! Not to mention the Wolverines from Secret Invasion Boxset, Heroes boxset and the other recently announced waves. Hate to say it, but I think I'm gunna have to reconsider being a completest. I'd rather just spend the extra cash on more Kubricks and Muggs =) Either way, still excited to see the pics!

I saw "(variant)" next to Wolvie's name and assumed that we were getting a variant Wolverine of some type. But, you could be right, maybe it's just the variant pack.

The variant is Spec Ops Sabretooth, how do I know... well I have the pix ;)

T.

altogether.

You're acting like the original wave 26 has been cancelled (not put back a few months) and someone will come and take a dump in your bed as soon as this wave is released.

Doesn't anyone think that having a new wave of minimates announced today and getting pix for them tomorrow is exciting or are you all so jaded that you only want the minimates you want and not those that might appeal to others?

T.

Timbo, come on man. You know you just can't ask questions like that around me. I'm smart mouthed enough to say "No". ;)

I think mostly it's shock. People, in my experience, don't deal well with change. Myself even less so than others. So to drop an entire wave of Wolvys and STs right in the middle of our play floor is startling. Especially when we were all playing with wave 26 in our heads already.

So I don't see it as a bad thing. Rather an annoyance.

Though I must applaud DST for being on the ball with this one and getting the wave out in time for the movie. I wonder if we'll see the X3 Wolvy pieces again?! XD

altogether.

T.

Mark me down as excited T..

everyone else you are fined 1 credit for violation of the internet no whine statute! :)

Timbo, come on man. You know you just can't ask questions like that around me. I'm smart mouthed enough to say "No". ;)

I wonder if we'll see the X3 Wolvy pieces again?! XD

If only the rest of you were as smart as your mouth ;)

Nope looking at the pix I dont see any X3 minimate parts used.

T.

altogether.

T.

Hey, I'm happy as a clam that people interested in these will be getting them. But I'm just as equally bummed out that people who were looking forward to the ones that were slated are being pushed back. Getting pictures of them so quickly is really great and so is getting any information on it at all. I'm not knocking that. But you asked why and I told you what my opinion on it was.

So TBT... is it just pix of the Wolverine moviemates or waves 25, 26 & 27 that we're gonna see tomorrow?

#25 have already been posted in their own thread this morning.

Tomorrow will be wave #26 The Wolverine movie wave.

No pix forthcoming for old#26, I'd suspect you'll have to wait until toy fair for those and their new sister wave ;)

T.