UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 27: Origins Wolverine

Marvel Zombies

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to complain about a wave that is 57% Wolverines, because I want minimates to stay profitable, and Wolverines definitely sell well. Having said that... damn... that's alot of Wolverines. :P

I am excited to see The Blob though. :D

Edited by luke314pi

Over at Marvelousnews.com they announced that wave 27 (falsly stated as Wave 26) is going to be Origins wolverine.

heres the setup.

Blob/ Leather Jacket Wolverin

Deadpool/ Congo Wolverine

Sabertooth/ Logan

Sabertooth/ Logan (Variant)

Finally!!!!!!!!!

DAMN I was hoping we could keep this quiet until tomorrow... we'll be revealing the pix of this wave then...

And nope these will be wave 26... they are moving them up to get them out in time for the movie or as close as they can.

T.

And nope these will be wave 26... they are moving them up to get them out in time for the movie or as close as they can.

So, does that mean Gambit and Psylocke are off the table?

...or just back in "never say never" land?

As far as I know what was wave 26 (gambit deadpool etc) just got bumped by one wave so will be released in the next pair of waves that come.

T.

Ahh... so the Sabertooth and Deadpool in this wave are the movie designs?

And will Conga Wolverine come with a Carmen Miranda fruit hat? ;)

I believe so, they have yet to mix movie and non movie sets in one wave, probably a licensing thing.

BTW the news at Marveousnews was leaked info and they don't have the names correct the official names are..

Wolverine & The Blob

Special Ops Wolverine & Deadpool

Logan & Sabretooth

Logan & Special Ops Sabretooth

T.

Ahh... so the Sabertooth and Deadpool in this wave are the movie designs?

Right. AKA Liev Shrieber-Mate with claw hands and Ryan Reynolds-Mate with sleeveless red shirt and swords (speculation based on trailer). At least fans of Blade Trinity will have something to work with, I guess.

I would rather have a movie Gambit or Emma Frost than 4 Wolverines, but if that gets them selling then I can't complain.

I c. So does this mean that the wave after this one is coming out later or is it still gonna be on schedule?

Sucks alot that this is moving the comic set back a series.

I hope they make money and keep minimates coming out and all, but for people who were really looking forward to that series, this delay really blows.

Yeah, I'm still more excited for (what I presume is now) Series 27; Moviemates just aren't my bag. I will however with-hold judgment until I see pic.s; there may be some great fodder-pieces plus we are getting a Blob (though I'd prefer a comic version).

Crap, now I have THREE new Marvel waves to watch out for! But yeah, DST pushing back the release of wave *27* really pushes my buttons too... I was DYING to get those Wolvie/Deadpool and Gambit/Psylocke packs soon!!!

Please tell me one of the movie Wolverines will be a much-awaited Weapon X variant.

Please tell me one of the movie Wolverines will be a much-awaited Weapon X variant.

I suspect it is Logan (variant), though come to think of it, I would expect Logan (period) to actually be "Leather Jacket Wolverine." So, maybe it will be the non-variant Logan?

Edited by karamazov80

if they put half as much affort in to this wave as they've done the newer waves we should be on to a winner with movie deadpool we kinda get a Hannibal king figure aswell, a blob's a blob in any incarnation but let's hope dst don't just reuse the movie hulk blonsky parts for the special ops wolverine & sabretooth and remember dst GUNS NEED HANDLES!!!!!

I think with this wave, Wolverine will surpass the amount of Spider-Man mates designed. I guess they have something for hairy backs.

Wolverine was very jealous over all the love that Iron Man got last year. This is DST's way of saying, "I'm sorry".