UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #25

TBT!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a couple of those sites. But it's a "variant is randomly inserted" schtick, which is a bummer. I want both Iron Men, not because one is a variant but because I'm a huge Iron Man and Silver Age fan.

You can try here

http://www.toyrocket.com/product1.aspx?SID...ry_ID=2961&

Thtas where I preorder mine

Thanks man! That's the ticket! I owe ya!

• 2 weeks later...

I totally know what you mean, Mystery Man! Midtowncomics.com's new release list doesn't have them on there this week! Total bummer! That means comic shops won't be seeing them this week. Can anyone tell me if TRU is expecting them this week? My local one already has the Wolverine wave 26 in stock, can I expect wave 25 to show up next?

umm, these still aren't listed on midtowncomics.com as coming out next week and they are still a preorder at the dst site even though it says they were expect on the 6th of may... when are these coming out?? i'm going crazzzzzy waiting!!

Why has afx not got waves 25 & 26 for preorder either?

Wondered that one myself.

Sorry WB but I've been telling anybody that's listening that AFX dried up weeks ago .....as has BBTS. I placed my order with CSC but to be honest I'm nervous that they will be forthcoming. My personal theory is that the TRU deal is affecting other suppliers although I have no evidence.

strange afx had the deal where they got the god chase case's, i bought some suff in an offer a couple months ago and it was shipped in a chase case that was 57/100, then comic shops get there normal case's which are number ???/1500

i would have thought dst would have had enough sense to make a run of cases just for toys r us without eating into there already established outlet stock

That explanation of yours actually sounds scary BHM... if two (three if you count CSC) of the biggest online retailers of Minimates are having trouble with the new wave pre-orders, the supply situation must be pretty dire. It's either that or my other, much crazier theory: perhaps the pre-orders have sold out simply because so many *new* customers have ordered them?

Gods, I hope our LCS manages to come through with the next few Marvel waves. Transpacific shipping delay aside, they did manage to get in waves 23-24 and the Secret Invasion/Punisher/Hostile Takeover boxsets without a hitch. Then again, I'm currently in the process of waiting for them to get the Spirit movie sets, and so far nothing. I know that sounds pretty tangential, but what if we really are on the brink of a Minimate shortage?

[/paranoia]

Firstly Having TRU runs of stuff is GOOD for everyone because the factories do not like to do short runs and IF DST can tack a specialty wave on the end of a comparitively huge TRU order then they are more likely to both get that wave sheduled to happen quicker and save on costs.

My guess is that those stores (AFX etc) have their own "special run" which would explain the quirky case packing and the dates that they get these in stock, it seldom matches FLCBS. My guess is that they just sold out of the stuff thy had for preorder. It also makes me wish I'd ordered those waves sooner!

Oh well it will work out & I will find em somehow!

T.

strange afx had the deal where they got the god chase case's

I missed out on the whole "God chase case" discussion. Anyone point me to the appropriate thread? ;)

That explanation of yours actually sounds scary BHM... if two (three if you count CSC) of the biggest online retailers of Minimates are having trouble with the new wave pre-orders, the supply situation must be pretty dire. It's either that or my other, much crazier theory: perhaps the pre-orders have sold out simply because so many *new* customers have ordered them?

A third possibility is that they didn't get enough orders for previous waves and eventually had to clearance them out, thus leading to fewer pre-orders by e-tailers from their distributor(s)--another potentially frightening idea.

Edited by karamazov80

in buisness the more figures you make the more the cost go's down, if DST have to make more figures for the increased demand then the cost per figure for them will probably go down

so say they order 2000 spiderman minimates the cost is probably around 90 cents now if they need to make more say 4000 the cost per figure should be less say 75cents per figure as they would be able the get a better deal for ordering more..........

anyway what i'm trying to say is with more outlets to sell to it make sense for DST to produce more figures as they'll be able to get a better deal in china for the Bulk manufacturing

*karamazov80

afx used to get case's that were 3 chase sets to a case, not like comic shops which is 1 chase set, 2 normal set and 2 odd 2 packs left over thats why BBTS and other retailers always have 2-packs left as the "god chase case" was only for afx

Edited by winkerbean

What If? I have no factual info........pure conjecture maybe......

What if......DST do a new deal with TRU to supply them with Minimates? DST are happy, TRU are happy but there's a hitch...production numbers for forthcoming waves have been set with the 'actual' manufacturer & cannot be altered because the 'runs' have been made. This situation is a bottleneck until numbers are increased for future waves & availability increases to satisfy normal retail & TRU. The result is that numbers going to normal retail drops until demand levels stabilise.

I must emphasise that I have no specific info but I became aware recently that various Minimate lines were drying up too quickly.....Punisher set for example...only to turn up re-packaged at TRU. I accept I might be talking bollocks & it wouldn't be for the first time :P but there is a trend developing.

Please don't bother dissing my 'theory' because it is just that...my theory ;)

Didn't notice this discussion earlier, but if anyone's still looking BBTS do currently have both waves 25 and 26 available for preorder (looks like there's 14 and 21 sets left, respectively)...

I've noticed both sets sell out there and then go up for preorder again several times now -- don't know if this is from the store actually placing more preorders with DST, or just from customers cancelling their preorders which opens up slots (I've managed to get several sold out items from BBTS this way in the past, though usually just one or two preorders open up, not 21)... So maybe they are placing incremental preorders in order not to be stuck with too many leftover sets?

The picture for wave 26 is wrong, as you should be getting 2 "vest" Wolverines in that set, not two of the jacket-wearing Wolvies (though it probably would have made more sense to pack one of the more iconic-looking Wolvies in with the variant. . .).

That's funny, I guess the employee making the image couldn't tell the difference between all the 'leathery' versions of everyone!

Actually, when I checked their preorder page today they had a picture of that Halo guy attached to a Harry Potter keychain listing :blink:

SWEEEEEEEEET! I just got my in stock e-mail for waves 25 and 26 from BBTS so I went right over and shipped my loot! Oh I was so hoping that this might happen even though these weren't on the shipping list for this week.