TBT!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
one of the helmets has a nose painted on it :blink:

WTF?? Blasphemy. I won't buy it. That is the one line AA never crossed.

:P

It's comics accurate, actually. Iron Man was drawn with a nose for a time in the '70s. The story as I heard it was that there was a screwup in the mold for a toy at the time (Megos, maybe?) and the Iron Man mold was made with a nose. Rather then scrapping the expensive mold, they just started drawing a nose on him in the comics. Once that toy line ended, they dropped the nose. It's actually pretty cool to see AA add that!

WTF?? Blasphemy. I won't buy it. That is the one line AA never crossed.

:P

It's comics accurate, actually. Iron Man was drawn with a nose for a time in the '70s. The story as I heard it was that there was a screwup in the mold for a toy at the time (Megos, maybe?) and the Iron Man mold was made with a nose. Rather then scrapping the expensive mold, they just started drawing a nose on him in the comics. Once that toy line ended, they dropped the nose. It's actually pretty cool to see AA add that!

A continuity nod in Minimate form?! :blink:

So only the variant Iron Man is getting two helmets, I take it?

Also, just checking but Bucky Cap comes with short hair, right? (I'm actually starting to subscribe to the possibility of DST releasing a Winter Soldier mate eventually.)

Honestly, I'm still adjusting to all of the new wave packaging having Spider-Man plastered on the top. But this whole "mates with loads of extras" thing, I can definitely use more of :)

Can't wait for this series! Seems like only yesterday the forum was trying to guess the identities of Marvel minimates series 25. Those were the days.

I wonder who'll show up in waves 29-30... :blush:

Edited by NorthRaider

Honestly, I'm still adjusting to all of the new wave packaging having Spider-Man plastered on the top. But this whole "mates with loads of extras" thing, I can definitely use more of :)

I was kind of hoping for a Character from each wave to take SpiderMans place - Like DC did with it's waves.

Damn - these DO look good. Particularly the AIM agents, Cap & Red Skull. I was trying to only collect X-Men characters for so long - i think i'm gonna have to buy this whole wave :blush:

:D those look awsome ill definatly get atleast 2 or 3 of each aim,ironman packs.

as for wave 29 and 30

wave 29:

annihilus/adam warlock

captain marvel/classic ms marvel

modern thor/modern loki

variant pack modern thor/ares

wave 30

moonknight/cap punisher

multipleman/mimic

yellowjacket/blackpanther

variant pack goliath/blackpanther

:D those look awsome ill definatly get atleast 2 or 3 of each aim,ironman packs.

as for wave 29 and 30

wave 29:

annihilus/adam warlock

captain marvel/classic ms marvel

modern thor/modern loki

variant pack modern thor/ares

wave 30

moonknight/cap punisher

multipleman/mimic

yellowjacket/blackpanther

variant pack goliath/blackpanther

its a bit soon to start the guessing game but remember that DST is now going with the variant pack being an army builder so you might want to take that into consideration

Jeff of the Miniacs

Possibilities for future wave army-builders:

HYDRA agents

SHIELD agents

Kree soldiers

Shi'ar soldiers

Stepford Cuckoos

Multiple Man...

Well, this is an odd dilemma.

I would also add:

Hellfire Club Goons

Dr. Doom's Servo-Guards

Moloids (for the wave with Mole Man)

Hand Ninjas

Brood

Possibilities for future wave army-builders:

Shi'ar soldiers

Stepford Cuckoos

Multiple Man...

Well, this is an odd dilemma.

I would also add:

Hellfire Club Goons

yes

YES

HELL(fire) YES!!!

I'm jonesing for an Age of Apocalypse series:

Rogue & Holocaust

Cyclops & Jean Grey

Weapon X & Infinite Soldier

Variant & Infinite Soldier - Not that i need one, but the Varient would no doubt be a Bald,Burned version of Weapon X.

Holocaust with an army of infitintes would be SO freaking sweet!!!!

post-2737-1239922171_thumb.jpg

I'm hoping for a Kree Soldier or Hydra Agent as the next army builders. Is anyone planing on buying large qtys of the AIM soldier? I'm thinking of getting around 10 - 15. Wave 25 is supposed to be released the first week of May right?

My AOA lust aside, and thinking more realistically: With all the Emma Frost & Sebastian Shaw action that's been happening in X-MEN & Wolverine titles, i'm hoping that we might get a Black King figure with a Hellfire club goon as the army builder.

Edited by Nessex