• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite part of the second pic:

marvel_diorama-1.jpg

Mine definitely is this one:

headlessdeadpool.jpg

Did you notice that this scene actually is censored in the blog entry's preview?!?! :blink:

Where did you find this picture it was not at art asylum.

marvel_diorama-1.jpg

headlessdeadpool.jpg

Did you notice that this scene actually is censored in the blog entry's preview?!?! :blink:

Yes, it was. Click on the last image. ;)

Love it so much, but i really agree with NR; i wish he had a more comedic, iconic Deadpool-ish face/mask.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

marvel_diorama-1.jpg

headlessdeadpool.jpg

Yes, it was. Click on the last image. ;)

Love it so much, but i really agree with NR; i wish he had a more comedic, iconic Deadpool-ish face/mask.

It was at art asylum I wonder why they censored it.

Edited by Scorpion

It was at art asylum I wonder why they censored it.

"Censored" isn't the word I would use. It's pretty much an "ooh, what does this link do" way of demonstrating a sense of humor. Censorship would be much, much worse.

[/nitpick]

Almost makes me wish the Wave 28 Deadpool did get a goofier facial expression after all, in lieu of the serious "Punisher" faces (both masks AND his scarred head) DST seems to have given him.

I totally agree with you folks, but keep in mind, we are fellow citizen in a Multiverse were people like Luke live. Were he has a factory. Were decals aren't a phantasm. :whistling:

Did anybody else glue the shoulder rings onto the torso of the classic Iron Man? The arms on mine fell off and the rings would go bouncing everywhere, so I used a tad of superglue and affixed 'em. Then I did the hot water/cold water trick on that loose arm and it's all fixed up now.

Seriously, the greatest coolest Iron Man ever.

Is anyone getting quality control issues from this wave? I know someone's Red Skull suit had their tie painted on incorrectly. Two of my Classic IM helmets are defective, one is off center and one has red bleeding into the gold and there's a blue spot of paint on the forehead. Some parts are not tampoed on correctly, and one leg is bleeding red into the gold. Another leg has a bit of gold paint of the leg. One of my AIM Soldiers has a small cut on the back and there's a red dot.

I had two quality control issues. One of my AIM guys heads has black paint or plastic that's rubbed on it and left a permenant mark. And the arm (the figures' right arm) on all my Iron Men are really loose. Other than that, they were okay.

Sorry to hear you got a bum deal.

The thing about going to ebay is that there aren't that many on there. I'm waiting for Toyrocket to get more so I can get 'em that way, but the 1-3 week wait thing has me wondering if I'll just get another "Oops, we ran out!" runaround.

Anybody have an idea when BBTS plans on shipping this set? I'm close to canceling my order and going to eBay.

I'm in a similar boat, so I emailed them and asked them for a timetable. Their prompt response was that they'll send out the minimates as soon as they get them (or more of them) but they don't have an estimated arrival time other than June 2009. So I'm going to give them until the end of the month and then reconsider cancelling and going elsewhere. I suggest you think about doing the same, because really, while it sucks to hear the stories of everyone getting their figures, they'll still be available on Ebay in a month AND you might just get them from BBTS for waaay cheaper if you wait.

Let's hope at least.

The thing about going to ebay is that there aren't that many on there. I'm waiting for Toyrocket to get more so I can get 'em that way, but the 1-3 week wait thing has me wondering if I'll just get another "Oops, we ran out!" runaround.

I pre-ordered through them and I'm worried I'll get that response from them. It bothers me that they haven't sent out an e-mail explaining the situation with these.

In a move that may make many members very happy I'm considering not posting anything further on the MMMV until I stop moaning about getting hold of something,anything from any bloody on-line retailer. It is very very frustrating & it makes Bannersmate very sodding angry & I tire of waking each morning in trashed purple pants , a torn white shirt & no f*c8ing shoes.

Is you guys in the US are struggling to get these what chance have I? I suspected that this wave was going to be difficult ages ago but not this difficult.

Why do you think this is ? If they are not with all the stores where are they? I wouldn't mind someone saying "hey sorry man I scalped the entire lot & here's your inflated price" but there is just.... nothing.

Edited by buttheadsmate

No idea. But something odd is up here.

I still have a set pre-ordered from BBTS. They have they non-variant packs "in stock", which tells me they did not get as many varaints sets as they planned. They are usually really really good with communication and not over selling, so I am trying very, very, very hard not to panic... again... But then I see a lot of other retailers still showing the wave as pre-order, and coupled with a distinctive absense of the usual eBay flood, something must have happened in the distrobution.

At least that's what I keep telling myself to keep me from wigging out and being insuferably grumpy.

I finally got my set from BBTS yesterday. I believe it was in the second round they sent out. I'm really not surprised that this wave is being sent out in increments. There are an insane number of minimates coming out this year, and we have only just started the season. AA still has to produce all of the various boxsets and tru exclusives, and unless TRU threw a Chinese production center into the deal, I'm guessing we'll be seeing more of this type of delayed/incremental release schedule throughout the year.

As for the wave itself, how the hell did Eric Roberts get New Cap's clothes?

For anyone who has ordered these by the case (something I'm considering), are the case pack-outs 3 of each 2-pack (3-3-3-3), or is it a 4-4-3-1 pack-out (only 1 of the variant)? If there are online dealers with a 3-3-3-3 pack-out?

If I'm goign the case route, I'd much rather get 6 AIM soldiers insteead of 4.

Thanks!

For anyone who has ordered these by the case (something I'm considering), are the case pack-outs 3 of each 2-pack (3-3-3-3), or is it a 4-4-3-1 pack-out (only 1 of the variant)? If there are online dealers with a 3-3-3-3 pack-out?

Thanks!

It depends where you order it from. Mine from Scifigenre were 4-4-3-1, but if you order a case from AFX it is 3-3-3-3. I think there is another retailer that offers 3-3-3-3, but I can't remember which one.

Thanks!

It depends where you order it from. Mine from Scifigenre were 4-4-3-1, but if you order a case from AFX it is 3-3-3-3. I think there is another retailer that offers 3-3-3-3, but I can't remember which one.

Thanks for the info on SciFi Genre... that's the site I was considering ordering from. Unfortunately, AFX isn't offering these by the case, so I may be out of luck.

Interestingly enough, DST's own website store now says that 25 has a 6-17-9 release date.

So I will try to be patient until then and see what happens.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info on SciFi Genre... that's the site I was considering ordering from. Unfortunately, AFX isn't offering these by the case, so I may be out of luck.

The 'God cases' (3-3-3-3) :biggrin: are usually available from AFX (none available) BBTS (none available) & CSC (available as pre-order but .....) .

My latest conspiracy theory regarding this wave is that they've been re-packed & heading for TRU. :wacko: