UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC Minimates giveaway

boyd

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one had the toy fair exclusive given out to the ppl in attendance, in accordance with the guys, i won't reveal who it is, but i will say the trekkies will be happy

A Geordi minimate complete with Reading Rainbow accessories? :woot:

this one had the toy fair exclusive given out to the ppl in attendance, in accordance with the guys, i won't reveal who it is, but i will say the trekkies will be happy

a trek promo.....but treks deader than a-line flares with pockets on the knees?? right

I heard it was a Spock, which will likely turn off the "Stop Beating Us to Death with TOS" crowd. Still, I wonder if its one of those simple part swap figures a la SciFi's Six last year, or if its a new figure?

well from my sources it is a older Spock, from his appearance on TNG. no indication that this says anything about the trek line just that these are going to be at ToyFair and Spock is in the new film so maybe drum up interest in minimates in a cross relation type deal

Jeff of the Miniacs

The give away was a White minimate with the DST logo

Ooh, another promo blank! Sounds like a winner!

So what's the difference between this one and the rumored Spock giveaway?

the Spock is also the one they are giving away at Toy Fair net weekend...those at the panel yesterday got one in advance

Jeff of the Miniacs

No problem

As I waited in line it was nice to see that people kept coming up to the register with 2-3 packs of minimates to buy

Last year they had no minimates but this year they went armed with BTTF, Platton, Iron Man Mates, Hulk Mates, Wave 24 & 25 and from what I could tell they were flying off the pegs

Edited by Modefan

ok, after getting what i could for those you requested from me, i have 2 of the promos from this weekend left. they are both the dst one. if anyone wants one pm me and we'll see what we can do.

edit, there is only one left now guys, i've been getting offers for money, but i'd rather trade with someone, if no one can, i guess i'll consider cash, for now though, lets stick with trading.

Edited by MinimateEspo25

i got mine saturday for the DST and today for Art Asylum!!! Too bad didn't see any of my multiverse buds at all. i bet now they'll talking to me again now that the con is over. lol.

Thank you, Modefan, for the picture!

Simple, yes, but that's the nature of blanks. And sweet, yes, that's the nature of blanks. :) Gonna need a few of each variety in my collection...

I'll bet dollars to donuts that these will show up at both Toy Fair and SDCC. So wait at least a week before you go paying inflated eBay prices.

Simple, yes, but that's the nature of blanks. And sweet, yes, that's the nature of blanks. :) Gonna need a few of each variety in my collection...

I'll bet dollars to donuts that these will show up at both Toy Fair and SDCC. So wait at least a week before you go paying inflated eBay prices.

Quoted For Truth!

I'm not typically a fan of blanks, because I don't have much interest in something that says "Convention X on Year Y" if I had not been there. However, I do like last year's SDCC versions, and these, because they aren't convention-specific (or focused on some business or organization that I don't have much of a connection with, like the Bad Apple Comics one). I particularly would like one of the 2 inch Art Asylum ones at some point, so that I can always have one Minimate representing the company that made all of this possible.

Edited by karamazov80