UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Will DST send me a replacement part?

Mystery Man

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Phew! All replacement requests have been responded to and parts have been sent out.

My personal favorite...

"Um, my Gold Spider-Man broke"

o_O

Coincidence that he posted this 6 miniutes after I sent him a spare parts request?

I will speak for the others and say a special thank you for doing this especially with it being so close to SDCC and the chaos that must cause you guys.

T.

Thanks DSTMatt! Just because. :)

Really though I think it's great that someone takes the time to send out replacement parts when they can. It makes you feel extra special being a minimate collector. I've been been lucky enough to get some replacement parts in the past, it's good to know the program is still on after a few years.

• 2 weeks later...

WOOT! a new pair of Ironman Hands.

Thanx DSTMatt - i promise that i'll remember this next time i'm about to complain like a sulky, indignant fan-boy.

You have gone above and beyond.

Thanx :thumbsup:

Edited by Nessex

• 4 weeks later...

It seems need to post my post in this thread for continuity.

I'm really not sure when the last time I had quality issues with a Minimate, but I've had three issues here recently with them. First, I got a Ghostbusters Librarian that was missing a book in the tray. Then I got a Venkman/Stay Puft exclusive with no radio. Then tonight I opened a GB2 Winston/Terror Dog pack and realized Winston has two left legs (which, I assume, makes it hard for him to dance).

It makes me wonder if these are isolated issues that I was lucky enough to find. I do find it interesting that it's all from the same line. Has anyone else been having quality issues (particularly with GB mates)?

It makes me wonder if these are isolated issues that I was lucky enough to find. I do find it interesting that it's all from the same line. Has anyone else been having quality issues (particularly with GB mates)?

I also had a Librarian Ghost that came without her left forearm and hand. I was tempted to keep it and just buy another, but I took it back to Toys R Us and exchanged it. Hopefully they didn't just put it back on the peg. I feel bad, like it was a waste of a minimate. I wonder if they send that stuff back to DST for credit since it technically can't be sold. When I worked retail those things would be MOS, marked out of stock and sent back to the vendor. Maybe DST has a huge pile of returned mates and that's where they get some of the replacement parts?

Not a missing part, but two recent Minimates I bought have had paint issues. The first is "exploding" Stay Puft, which had paint wear on the white paint on his stomach, and the other was with Bullseye/Hawkeye, who had two spots where the paint was worn off of his back (matching up with the placement of the quiver peg).

Also, I've had a number of recent masks that have little bubbles near the chin area. 2 Iron Men had this problem, as did Iron Patriot, I think. Plus, serious eye tampo issue with Wolverine (packed with TRU Sabretooth) as has been documented elsewhere.

Edited by karamazov80

Send a PM to DST Matt.

He'll do what he can to take care of you.

My variant Iron Man for 25 was missing his bolt face helmet. Which I suppose made him Power Sneeze Iron Man. I figured I was screwed cause it was the variant of what's shaping up to be hard to find wave to begin with. But I sent Matt a PM anyway. Badda-bing-badda-boom. I got my helmet.

I'll warn you to be patient, Matt isn't on everyday like a lot of us. But if he can help you, he will. He's good like that.

it did take a little bit of time for Matt to get back to me on here (he's not a chronic lurker like i am), but he DID get back to me & let me know when he had sent off the replacement part i needed.

Just give it a fortnight & see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's getting close to a month since I first tried contacting DST and have tried a few more times with no success (through both pm's here and through their site). I tried pming Matt again today, but does anybody know a better way?

I'm in the same boat. I managed to snag a Bullseye/Moonstone pack a little over a month ago that was missing Bullseye's mask. I've emailed and PMed here, but heard nothing so far (though I'm not 100% sure my first PM went through)

• 2 weeks later...

So, it's been over a month and a half since I first started trying to contact DST about replacement pieces and still no answer (I've tried both their site and Matt through here). It really leaves me a little disappointed, especially when i see Chuck mention in the Q&A's to contact their customer service for replacement stuff. That and one of the times I pm'd Matt was when he was on the board watching the thread about wave 33 being revealed. This isn't the first time I've had issues with not getting a response and it bothers me. It just seems to me that if you aren't going to offer customer service responses, then don't say to contact customer service. In the grand scheme of things, I know it's not that important, but it does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I've contacted their customer support twice, and got a response and help once. So, a 50% success rate. I suspect that they usually only answer when they have spare pieces to give away (the time they helped me was with a Rocky hairpiece, which we know they had many spares of), though who knows, really?

Just an observation--I've not contacted DSTMatt, and probably won't (I don't like the idea of hassling the guy--his job is not to get us replacement parts and I don't want him to dread coming to the board because people keep hassling him), but it seems like people who are willing to do that get help most of the time.

Edited by karamazov80