UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Will DST send me a replacement part?

Mystery Man

I've sent an email to customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com about a MiniMate having two left hands and received no word back from them, not even confirmation that they received the email. That was two weeks ago. I'll send another one today i guess, but i'm a bit disappointed that it's been a fortnight and no-one's written back.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you, I've had problems before, but they've always gotten back in touch with me within DAYS. This is insane, and is the worst CS I've ever gotten from them. But seeing as how other people are having issues, It may not be just me. I'm still POed though.

It might be that they respond quickly when they can help, and don't respond at all when they can't (don't have spare pieces to replace yours with, etc.). My zombie Colonel America (that I bought as soon as they came out) came without the shield arm peg piece, and I e-mailed them about it and never got a response. I got a Rocky 1 set just a few months ago and e-mailed them, and they responded within a day.

I tell you, I've had problems before, but they've always gotten back in touch with me within DAYS. This is insane, and is the worst CS I've ever gotten from them. But seeing as how other people are having issues, It may not be just me. I'm still POed though.

The mistake you made was telling them you are Dinobot from the MMV, didn't I mention you're on the black list in another thread already. ;)

Seriously though Sam, DST are very hit and miss with customer service, some times they are great and send stuff out right away other times they don't even acknowledge your email. It's not you, it's them. We know that they are a small company and I suspect that the Customer services guy also fulfils another role and if that is keeping him busy then these sorts of things have to wait and sometimes fall hrough the cracks or get forgotten.

Getting angry and ranting at them wont do any good I'm afraid, you'll either have to learn to suck it up and let it go or keep sending emails until either they set up a restraining order or simply block your email addy.

T.

p.s. IMO people are way more likely to respond to polite emails than angry ones, when I worked customer services the guys who were needlessly pissy always went to the bottom of the to do list.

Well my last 3 emails WERE very polite. And I understand that they're small. But when Taskmaster came without his glove, they at least had the decency to say "sorry, can't help" and that was good enough. I mean the email was almost literally that lone. I'm not looking for a red carpet here, but an acknowledgment of existence, even if it doesn't solve a problem, would be great.

I SEE YOU MATT!!!!!

Yeah, no answer, even after flooding their inboxes. How about that? I did everything but PM them here, and I just don't feel right doing that. This is like neutral ground or something. I don't know. Like I said, I wouldn't feel right about doing that.

I SEE YOU LURKING!!!!

See? Nothing.

I've never had a good result with DST's customer service.

I e-mailed them after my Variant Sentry broke getting it out of the box and got the 'we don't keep parts for variants' response. I e-mailed them about the huge splodge of paint on my War Zone Punishers body armour and didn't get a response. I reckon I've e-mailed them 4 or 5 times and only ever gotten one response. Sucks!

And THIS is why DST rocks. That right there is the internet version of Matt saying "Here's my cell phone number. I can't promise anything but I'll see what I can do" I am now happy. I'll be happier if I get my stuff, but I'm still happy now. :)

Very good to hear. As a relative newcomer to serious mate collecting, I've been quietly watching this play out and hoping to see a good resolution.

Faith:Growing

Matt's a good guy. He didn't even mind last year at SDCC when I gave him a great big hug to thank him for all the Minimates.

He did stop me from taking a lock of his hair to take home for my homemade Matt doll, though...

Yes Matt does rock! I told him last night about a missing parts in a pack I got and he gave me the email addy and said it should be no problem to get it taken care of! I love dealing with DST for that kind of customer care right there!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I hope,sincerely , that one day they will be able to rebuild you completely but...for now..Wasp's wing piece will help fill that void inside your skull ...& the baton will fit where necessary :P

Please post the bunny pic....I crease when I see that bunny pic :D

post-51-1245547107.gif

Oops, no, that's the f%^&%ing bananas.

Here we go!

post-51-1245547119_thumb.jpg

And you do, BHM... You really do... :(

Edited by TM2 Dinobot