UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Will DST send me a replacement part?

Mystery Man

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly i ran into a QS problem with a the venom set, my She-Venom's chest tampo was extremely smudged/warped, last time you guys were super helpful and i will shoot an email after Christmas, thanks for being so great :D

• 1 month later...

FYI, whenever you need to contact customer service, write to customerservice (at) diamondselecttoys (dot) com.

I know you guys have had slow or no response times in the past, but we now have a full-time CS person, so that is the best address to write to. Do not directly e-mail Whitney; Whitney is no longer with DST, and your e-mail might get lost. Also, do not e-mail me, as I might not realize your e-mail did not also go to the CS person.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Select Movie Loki staff on Saturday. Will be anxiously waiting for my Marvel wave 48 Mr. Fantastic leg; quoted a few weeks by Amy at customer service.

Heard back from Amy with DST today about my "Best of" thigh-scratched, elbow-broken Hulk and my helmet-paint-missing Loki. She said she was waiting for another order to come in to check but she's very doubtful there'll be any to arrive.

... this is a brand-new release. Like, been out for less than a month. Maybe I don't understand how the system works but I wouldn't have thought it'd be difficult to get a couple replacement pieces from a brand-new set. sad.png

Edited by Mystery Man

Just picked up the Alpha Flight box sets from Luke's, and Aurora's black hairpiece doesn't fit on the head (it's too small). I've tried to force it on, but no luck. Anyone have this problem?

Edited by kaipo

Just picked up the Alpha Flight box sets from Luke's, and Aurora's black hairpiece doesn't fit on the head (it's too small). I've tried to force it on, but no luck. Anyone have this problem?

Kaipo, you probably wanna check the Alpha Flight thread. In short, boil water then put the piece in the water for a minute or two. The plastic will get nice and soft then you can slip it right on. When it shapes to the form you desire, dip the piece in ice water for a minute so it hardens. Shouldn't give you any problems from there. This method works for straightening out claws, weapons, etc. This was a problem on all the Aurora mates.

Does anyone know if DST replaces parts from Toys "R" Us? My Air Walker came without the shoulder caps that hold the wings in place. Last time I asked them for a part (Cosmic Spiderman only had a left foot) I never even received a reply.

Kaipo, you probably wanna check the Alpha Flight thread. In short, boil water then put the piece in the water for a minute or two. The plastic will get nice and soft then you can slip it right on. When it shapes to the form you desire, dip the piece in ice water for a minute so it hardens. Shouldn't give you any problems from there. This method works for straightening out claws, weapons, etc. This was a problem on all the Aurora mates.

bigvis, thanks for the response! Totally makes me feel better that everyone had this problem, and it wasn't just an unlucky day for me. Misery loves company I guess.

bigvis, thanks for the response! Totally makes me feel better that everyone had this problem, and it wasn't just an unlucky day for me. Misery loves company I guess.

I also had the "Aurora's hairpiece is malformed" problem... the solution I use, which I find much easier is...

(Picked this up when I used to collect heroclix, which were very very often warped)

Blow dryer. Close range (1-2 inches). Apply until plastic becomes soft and pliable. Once soft and pliable, put the hairpiece on her head until it cools off and re-stiffens.

Much easier/faster than all that water boiling/dipping... and much less wet.

But I will caution, Blow dryers CAN get VERY hot at close range, so use caution/be careful.

Still I find it much easier than the water method... with the same net result of: "Heat the plastic up so its soft"

Edited by Gillbob316

DST has a new woman in charge named Amy. She contacted me yesterday and apologized for the delay, and then helped me replace what she could. You should definitely try to replace your parts ASAP to make sure you can get what you need.

Has it been said that DST doesn't get TRU mates for replacement parts? I remember they didn't have replacements for Box's head or for my two left armed Rhino.

I have to say, Amy has gone above and beyond to make the consumer feel helped. Very great individual, I urge everyone to drop an e-mail, it takes awhile but worth it. Really helpful. I love the response all-around DST has with the fans. Makes a huge difference.

I just bought the 2010 Uncanny X-Men box set on Amazon, and Battle Ravaged Wolverine's right hip joint broke out of the package. Knowing it's an old set and an exclusive, I took a chance anyway, and emailed Amy. Unfortunately she couldn't find the replacement. wolverine.gif

She did tell me to mention to you all to please attach a photo which makes her part hunting easier. Here's the one I sent her.

PS if any of you have the part, let me know thumbsup.gif

That's all folks.

Edited by kaipo