Will DST send me a replacement part?

Mystery Man

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just past a week and still nuthin' on my Ant-Man arm and Hulk hand. :/

Give it a couple of days, and maybe ask again.

So, this isn't really a missing part, but I got a Garth Knight, and he didn't come with his cane. If I ask DST will they send me one even though I got him without it? Or does someone on here have a spare?

How is that not a missing part?

I just found out my MvC wave 1 Zero has two left feet (i.e. the foot on the left hand side when you look at him; same side as the blaster hand). Does anyone know if the DST replacement would work for a UK collector?

Edited by pawcanada

Cause I got him loose at a con, and not in the package with KARR.

Oh. Then no, that does not count.

I just found out my MvC wave 1 Zero has two left feet (i.e. the foot on the left hand side when you look at him; same side as the blaster hand). Does anyone know if the DST replacement would work for a UK collector?

Are you not in Canada, pawcanada? Or am I pronouncing that wrong?

Not sure they can mail to UK, since we don't sell there, but you can ask.

Cause I got him loose at a con, and not in the package with KARR.

Oh. Then no, that does not count.

I got the missing Rocky hair delivered to the UK... but that was a long time ago.

Just thought... i did speak to DST about a missing serum injector from the X-Men Curse of the Mutants boxset, DST said they could help but I never did receive the part. Perhaps they never got around to shipping it, but I never did chase it up. :confused:

If they can't send it to the UK, pawcanada (what's the story there?), send me a pm.

My screen name is my initials (Peter A Williamson) and where I was born (Canada). However since 1990 I have been a resident of the UK.

I will drop DST a message and if that can't work, I will take you up on that offer; thanks Turtle.

I personally have never had DST help me with any of my production errors except for with my Rocky missing Hair Pieces years back. I must admit that Quality Control can leave alot to be desired, but these are still some of the collest and best toys on the market. For the big collectors on the board, we can see it with a better perspective.

For example, when I buy 8 packs of Sinister/Nimrod packs and 4 out of the 8 packs have 2 left legs or 2 right legs (Long Boot Cut makes it obvious on Sinister) you just know that you're not the only one in the community getting bad Quality.

Luckily because I always order duplicates I always can swap parts or find one that is fine and use the rest for custom fodder. I've considered selling them on ebay, but don't want to screw people over with the feeling of getting only one pack and it be messed up. But yes, I emailed DST a couple times and no response. I actually stopped emailing DST after that wave as none of my emails or posts were responded to.

So now I just curse under my breath and move on. **Shakes head looking at 3 mutilated SHIELD 616 Gun Holders**

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought the SDCC aVx 4 pack and my cyclops has 2 RIGHT ARMSSSSSSSS , i was so upset. I've contacted dst and still no answer! SUPER BUMMED

Mine had two right legs. And Hope is missing her gun holster. :(

E-mailed Chris and awaiting a reply as well.

I've never had any problems with DST customer service. My Target Nightcrawler had a broken leg and they replaced the whole figure and my latest incident was was Black Widow's hand snapping off at the wrist. I recommend sending pics with your email because they responded to my request with in hours.

It's very hit and miss in my experience. I've had a few minimate things replaced fully without issue, but still others I never heard back about, and even a few I DID hear back about, was told could be replaced via e-mail... but then never received. Truth be told, I don't mean to be a negative fella, but I've had more letdowns than I've had happy replacements. (Sorry Zach)

I think what it boils down to is this seems to be a secondary priority for whoever it is handling it at Diamond. They do their best to help out if and when they can, which is appreciated and commendable, but it seems they're easily prone to slip ups and forgetting. I assume whoever's handling it just has other things to do and easily forgets a lot.

Putting a dedicated quality control/replacement program into place would be awesome. Something where replacement is standard, and given complete attention. But I don't run Diamond, so I have no idea how feasible that is.

Wizkids, for instance, with Heroclix, I always felt had an awesome replacement program in place. Heroclix were very prone to defects, being so small... so they had a dedicated address setup, where you could mail your broke/bent/otherwise defective figures, and get replacements sent back to you. I used it frequently and got a vast majority of my figures replaced quickly with no fuss. The few times they weren't able to replace a figure for me, they sent back the broken figure, usually with some sort of limited edition promo figure thrown in as an apology (which I was more than fine with, as I was usually just replacing common figures anyway, so the LE was often MORE worthwhile, lol)

I stopped collecting Heroclix years ago, so I have no idea if they're still good about it, but they were back when I still bought them.

Do not e-mail Chris anymore. He no longer handles customer service requests. Our new administrative assistant handles all customer service e-mails. I don't know if she saves them up and handles them all in one batch, but if you haven't heard anything in two weeks, I would e-mail CS again.

I Don'T Know what it would take to institute a stricter quality control regimen at the factory, but I will bring it up.

Do not e-mail Chris anymore. He no longer handles customer service requests. Our new administrative assistant handles all customer service e-mails. I don't know if she saves them up and handles them all in one batch, but if you haven't heard anything in two weeks, I would e-mail CS again.

I Don'T Know what it would take to institute a stricter quality control regimen at the factory, but I will bring it up.

I got a reply today from Brigid, so she is on it.

She's sending me a holster for my Hope but no extra legs for my 2 right legged Cyke. Leave the big ol' boot cuffs on him and I can live with it.

MoJo

I emailed about a Wolverine from the 'Best of' wave that had a snapped leg at the hip. They offered to send me a loose Wolvie from MvC3 but that was over a month ago.

I had to learn real quick to soak some new figs in hot hot water to loosen up the joints, seems a lot of them have this problem, or I'm just that lucky.

I've had one figure break at the knee (zombie power man) but that's the only one. I've had paint get stuck in between joints, and my Iron Patriots face had some gunk on it and when I wiped it off his face was gone.

• 3 months later...