UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Will DST send me a replacement part?

Mystery Man

And people abused the system.

I agree though. DST's customer service has gone from 'pretty good' to 'you're kidding me, right?' 5 month waiting period? can't send replacement parts? Yah, I don't think so.

Fair point Dino, I suppose once word got out that Play Along, played along... Then greed would take over.

I'm very disappointed in DST's customer services. They're great for engaging with fans, but very hit and miss when it comes to dealing with problems.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really had much luck getting replacement pieces from DST (and have since stopped bothering to even email), but they were on the ball when it came to sending out the Rocky boxset hairpieces that weren't included!

I know it isn't an option for everyone, but if I get a defective figure in a pack, I just buy another pack and dump the defect/spare figure into my parts bin. It costs me more money, but in the long run it sells another package of Minimates so I don't feel too bad about it.

For the most part, I'm much happier with the level of quality that is being produced now, then say 12-18 months ago (Wave 9 TRU). Sure the odd QC issue will continue to slip through now and then, but things like paint apps are improving and I think DST listened to our concerns about the overall quality of the end product.

My big nitpick is now the continued use of light tampos over dark plastic, I really hope one day we see that corrected or improved upon.

Five months for what, Dino? Since you emailed them? If I don't hear back after a couple weeks, I always try again -- the impression I have is that they're a small company without someone on complaints full-time, so things fall through the cracks sometimes.

What other low-end toy companies even replace stuff? Not asking to be argumentative, just that most others I've tried they just tell me to return it to the retailer, if anything.

That's a good point. I've tried to get missing parts replaced by Hasbro, and they couldn't be bothered with it.

my movie hawkeye was missing the shoulder harness thing that holds arrows. I emailed them and got a same day response and they mailed me out the missing piece right away. I had a great CS experience.

I think it also has to do with whether or not they have replacement parts or not on hand as well.

Edited by Webhead

Okay, I'm sick of this. It's been 4 (almost 5) months. If that's a normal duration, it shouldn't be.

Re-send.

Yep I'd resend. Honestly if I didn't hear back after 1-2 weeks I'd have resent. It's very easy for emails to get lost in the shuffle. Happens all the time at work.

Non Marvel, but Cortana's leg just snapped in two. Only the 3rd mate I've ever had that happen to. Kinda interesting. Also missing the little Cortana hologram. :(

Two-pack or four-pack? No little Cortana in there at all? Really? Def. contact CS.

My first knee-breaker was variant Spider-Woman from way back in whatever wave that was. Shortly after I opened her. I was bummed because it was the variant, but to be fair, I dropped her. I dropped her on a carpeted floor though, so I would think she SHOULD have survived, but ya'know... I'm no physics professor, lol. Anyway, e-mailed AFX (who I bought it from) and they said they could only replace her with a non-variant... so I took it, and just bought a new variant somewhere.

My Invisible Woman variant from an early wave had a knee break. I'm still not sure how to this day... I just found her in her bin with her leg snapped one day. And it's not like I shook the thing all hard and crazy, lol. Anyway, this was years after I bought her... so I blame no one. She had a good run. I replaced her on ebay.

My first ACTUAL break... was Robin from the DC line. Which I don't blame DST for, because they have nothing to do with DC. But this was the first legit knee-break I don't feel in any way responsible for, lol. I began to lift him out of the package... and off it broke.

I think those are all my knee-breaks. In my entire history with this line. And none are really Diamond's fault so *High Five*

If you want me to complain about something though I've had an occasional long history of mis-matched left/right parts with this line. The first of which was Logan in wave 2. The most recent of which was MvC3 Hulk. So it spans pretty much the whole thing, lol. I've e-mailed about replacements on more than a few occasions and even been told replacements would be coming, but I don't think I've ever once actually GOTTEN said replacements (tsk tsk). Chuck has handed me a part or two at an actual con though, so thanks for that, lol.

Also my first Mandarin and Volstagg were both missing their feet, but I dealt with that on my own, lol.

My MvC3 Hulk still has two of the same hands, much to my dismay. (They're very similar hands, so it's understandable. There IS a left and a right though, if you look closely. Still bugs me, because I'm an anal collector. And I've e-mailed enough times to kinda give up hope. :P)

On the WHOLE though... for the dozen or two figures I've had problems with, I've had hundreds, possibly thousands that were fine.

Edited by Gillbob316

I got my Avengers mates (movie and comic waves, +Disney Store sets) today and they were mostly fine, but Scott Lang Ant-Man had two left arms. :(

What sucks is since he's the variant, I couldn't even exchange him, as my comic book store had no more, and they don't accept straight returns on open merch.

I e-mailed customer service about it. Hoping that even though it's the variant, the wave is still new enough I might get a replacement arm.

Figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and ask about a replacement hand for my MvC3 Hulk too... as long as I was e-mailing, lol.

Not sure why I'm posting about it here. Guess just for the sake of giving more input to the thread... *Shrug*

I just got an email from them, and they got back in touch with me after just a few hours. And I'm getting all my stuff. Cool!

You got a reply in a few hours!? That seems uncanny.

Still haven't gotten a reply to the one I sent yesterday. Not that I'm complaining though, I didn't really expect to. Usually seems to take a few days for Diamond or any other company to get back on this sort of thing.

My Ant-Man can scratch his own back... lolz.

Edited by Gillbob316

Can anyone confirm to whom I should send a CS email? I have a few things I need replaced (including one from years ago and one Marvel Select related).

Thanks in advance!

O6

I got a new x-force wolvie earlier this week and his left knee bends the wrong way. I already knew I was sol so I don't care, plus its my seconed one of him so I'm lucky I guess