UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Will DST send me a replacement part?

Mystery Man

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed DST days ago because the cape piece on my wave 42 Beta Ray Bill is all kinds of screwed up. They got right back to me and told me they didn't have any replacement parts to send me. Least they're fast about it.

I might have a Beta Ray Bill I can cannibalize for you. Let me know what you need.

I emailed DST days ago because the cape piece on my wave 42 Beta Ray Bill is all kinds of screwed up. They got right back to me and told me they didn't have any replacement parts to send me. Least they're fast about it.

I might have a Beta Ray Bill I can cannibalize for you. Let me know what you need.

For reals? Oh man. I need his cape piece. You can see how it's warped to all craziness In this picture

I only hope you aren't talking about ripping apart your own personal property for the sake of a customer. I would feel bad if that were the case.

That said, if you have one just lying around, hooray. But if not, no worries.

That Beta Ray Bill problem might be fixable with a blow dryer. Trick I came across as a former heroclix collector (those often come ridiculously bent and warped out of the box)

Just hit'em up close with a warm blow dry for a 10-20 sec... makes the plastic real warm and pliable. You can usually bend it back to its rightful place and hold it there 'til it cools, and it will stay that way.

I've used it on my Archangel minimates' wings more than once (He gets a little cramped in the box I keep my mates in, so his wings tend to bend in around him and form a protective cocoon, lol) Also think I've done it to a few Doc Ock tentacles and a loose shoulder joint from time to time. Or an ill-fitting powerhouse chest piece on a Hulk or two...

SPEAKING of parts replacement and Hulks... I e-mailed them about some mismatched parts on my MvC (Red and Green) and Bulked-Up Hulks sometime before X-Mas... apparently a pretty common problem. They often come with the wrong covering on one of their upper legs. IE. Two right or two left, instead of one of each. Even the ones on Minimate Database have this problem, you'll note if you check the pics. My MvC3 Green Hulk also had two left hands.

The L vs. R parts in some cases are very similar on these hulks, so I can see why they got mixed up... you'd have to be paying close attention to notice, but there are distinguishing differences... but anyway, all the same, they are the wrong parts, and I'm... pretty anal about that sort of thing... knowing something in my collection was missing correct parts would drive me nuts...

Anyway, hadn't heard anything for a while so I recently dropped a follow-up e-mail... since I think I fell into customer service limbo over the holidays, lol... Chris replied yesterday and said he was able to scrounge up Green Hulk parts, but couldn't find any Red (not that suprising since he was in a con exclusive boxed set and all) ... I'm honestly not completely clear on WHICH green hulk he meant though... both, one, or the other... lol...

Guess we'll see what turns up in the mail.

But about mismatched parts on those MvC3 Hulks... if anyone has mismatched upper leg coverings for a MvC3 red hulk, I'd be interested in a swap. Mine has two left leg coverings so, looking for a right leg covering. As before, my anal nature makes me desperate. Check your Red Hulks! lol...

PS. This is why you should always label the molds for your similar parts with an L and an R my toy company friends. :P

I sent DST customer service an e-mail the week the Knight Rider vehicles hit shops. I told them that my KARR was missing one of it's tires and if they could send me a replacement. I also asked that if they couldn't send me one, could they at least respond to my e-mail saying so instead of not replying at all. Three plus weeks later and STILL no reply. :rolleyes::down:

The warping to the cape might be fixable (I thought of heating it and so on,but wasn't sure how to actually go about it) but if you look at it from the front in a side-by-side with my Stormbreaker Bill, Like So, Then you can see the details on the front of his chest are also pretty low on there and chopped off at the bottom.

I sent DST customer service an e-mail the week the Knight Rider vehicles hit shops. I told them that my KARR was missing one of it's tires and if they could send me a replacement. I also asked that if they couldn't send me one, could they at least respond to my e-mail saying so instead of not replying at all. Three plus weeks later and STILL no reply. :rolleyes::down:

Chris handles customer service, conventions and retail accounts, which means New York Toy Fair has him doubly busy with his other responsibilities. I'm trying to take some of the burden off of him, but working in NYC it's tough. Sorry it's been a few weeks, but it might be a couple more. Maybe drop him a follow-up, if you haven't.

...Wait, your KARR was missing a tire? Like, the entire tire?

PS. This is why you should always label the molds for your similar parts with an L and an R my toy company friends. :P

Not sure what happened there, but I believe we talked to the factory about it. We'll see how The Kingpin turns up.

I only hope you aren't talking about ripping apart your own personal property for the sake of a customer. I would feel bad if that were the case.

I have an extra set, I'll pull BRB's shirt/cape for you, since Chris seems to be out.

Cap looks like someone stabbed him in the back several times and stole the paint on his shield. And MvC Trish has a deformed arm peg. Emailing DST in the morning.

Let me know what they say. Again, give it some time.

I have an extra set, I'll pull BRB's shirt/cape for you, since Chris seems to be out..

You are my own personal hero.

@ Zach: Yup, one of the larger rear tires was missing. It was the one facing the card on the packaging, so I didn't notice it until I got home and opened it. The wheel and axle are there, just the tire was missing.

Try to keep ferret-related replacement requests to a minimum. If we replaced every Minimate part that was ever devoured by a ferret, we'd be out of business.

My pug ate my Stealth Iron Man... :(

Coincidentally that is the title of the French film I'm working on....very symbolic.

Necroing a bit on this post. But I have a pug too, and so far she's only sniffed my mates! She will be banished from the spidey room if she eats any of my mates!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've thought about asking DST for a replacement part myself. When I opened the Super Skrull I noticed a fault on the minimate where some excess plastics was over the Thing hand, and when I flipped it back, part of the hand had been unpainted. I have considered just cutting off the excess plastic and painting over it but feel it could make things worse unless I get the right shade of orange. I don't know if DST will ship to the UK so it may not be possible for me to do so. Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by pawcanada

I don't know if DST will ship to the UK so it may not be possible for me to do so. Any advice is appreciated.

I bought extras to army build vanilla Skrull soldiers, send me your address and I'll send you a replacement Thing hand! :thumbsup:

Mate you are a star :D. Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel, that if DST are unable to replace a defective/missing part, then they should at least offer to compensate instead.

Out of three or four complaints I've winged their way I've only ever had one positive response. The rest of the time it's been 'we can't help, sorry'.

I don't think that's good enough.

Contrast that with Play Along toys who sent me an entire c3 Batgirl when all I had missing was her right hand.

Five months for what, Dino? Since you emailed them? If I don't hear back after a couple weeks, I always try again -- the impression I have is that they're a small company without someone on complaints full-time, so things fall through the cracks sometimes.

What other low-end toy companies even replace stuff? Not asking to be argumentative, just that most others I've tried they just tell me to return it to the retailer, if anything.