UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Will DST send me a replacement part?

Mystery Man

I recieved a duplicate set of the Invaders set for Christmas so I could have one to display different versions of the characters. I opened it just a little bit ago and the top part of Captain America's left arm is breaking where it fits onto the ball-joint of the torso. I just emailed DST at the Customer Service url that they have on their site to see about getting a replacement arm.

Do you think they'll do it since this set was some kind of exclusive?

Man, whatta drag.

Edited by Mystery Man

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to get a replacement for Taskmaster because he was missing one of his whie gloves, and they told me they only keep a handful of parts for exclusives and I was out of luck.

But yeah. Parts thread works wonders.

I emailed DST because my Cosmic Spiderman was missing a foot about a week ago. I have not yet heard back from them. What was their turnaround time for a response?

This surprises me, I've always had responses from the customer service department. Sometimes they took a week or so but they usualy respond.

Someone should drop a question about custome support into the Q&A over at AA, and see what Chuck has to say about it!

T.

I've had to email them before about it. I got a Nick Fury/Cap set through the mail from somebody who picked it up at their comic shop and it ended up having a Ronin/Spidey in it. They sent me another one, no problem.

But with all these people waiting on emails, I'm kind of bummed to think I won't hear anything.

UPDATED:

I just checked through my old emails and found an email address for a guy named Chris who helped me with a Rocky hairpeice for the one that it didn't come with. I emailed him the following in the hopes that we'd all get our problems solved:

Hi,

You helped me out awhile back with a missing Rocky hairpeice and I had another problem. I posted about it on the http://www.minimatemultiverse.com message board to ask for an opinion and many people wrote back saying that they hadn't heard anything from the customer service email address about things that they needed help with. That's where I wrote to last night about my current problem. I thought if I wrote you, maybe you could pass this on to someone for me? I really hope I'm not bothering you.

My problem has to do with the Invaders minimates set. I recieved a duplicate set of the Invaders set for Christmas so I could have one to display different versions of the characters. I opened it last night and found that the top part of Captain America's left arm (his left arm, but it's the one on the right if you're looking at the figure) is breaking where it fits onto the ball-joint of the torso. This really stinks since this was one of the two figures I wanted this extra set for so I could display a Golden Age Cap as well as a Silver Age version.

Is there any way that I could get a replacement part for this? I'll gladly send the old arm back in or take a picture of it or do whatever I can do. I just don't have enough money to go buy another set of these (with shipping it's 20.00) when all I need is one arm.

Thank you very much for your time,

Matt Strawbridge

Edited by Mystery Man

heck,i won something off DST's myspace over a year ago,mailed them 4 times,got two replies saying"send me your address and i'll send you your prize and something extra for your patience" and then a month and a half later emailed them again and haven't heard back since.that was last march i believe.so i'm a bit skeptical about emailing them over the broken part of my stealth ironman :P

My experience with DST cust. service was fine when I asked for Rocky's hair on two different occasions. The second time I asked for two and they sent me three. Sounds like the emails aren't getting to the person they need to.

heck,i won something off DST's myspace over a year ago,mailed them 4 times,got two replies saying"send me your address and i'll send you your prize and something extra for your patience" and then a month and a half later emailed them again and haven't heard back since.that was last march i believe.so i'm a bit skeptical about emailing them over the broken part of my stealth ironman :P

Just use the address that I posted earlier in this thread and mention this thread right here as how you got turned on to the specific email address and ask if there's any way you could get a replacement part? Also mention that you've written and written. This is my second time to deal with Chris and he's been helpful both times. At the very worst you won't hear something again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally got my Iron Man Movie Hostile Takeover Box Set from my comic shop this week. The Iron Man faceplate is stickered down and when I pulled it out, part of the paint ripped off. There’s a glaring chunk of paint missing now on his right nostril area. And if you didn’t know, it’s white underneath.

Anyway, I hope I can get a response... No updates on some of the issues posted makes me a little worried. :(

• 2 months later...

Okay. Emailed every email at DST and AA. Maybe I'll annoy someone now.

Hi There. This is Sam Ford, TM2 Dinobot from the MMMV boards. I have a QC issue. I have 2 problems. My Punisher Warzone Assault Punisher came without his baton. Also, my Avengers Wasp wings snapped off at the back joint.

Here is the bigger problem, and the one that makes me angry. I have contacted your customer service department THREE TIMES in the last few months, trying to get these issues resolved. So far, NO ONE has contacted me. I never got any kind of response, or even a "sorry, can't help". DST/AA's Customer Service is legendary, and this is the first time I've had issues. But it's happened even after THREE ATTEMPTS to get help, and still nothing. I do not like being treated this way as a loyal customer. I'm sorry it came to this but I'm down to flooding even email address of the websites. Please at least get back to me.

--Sam Ford