UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anyone know of a good Alan Scott sticker?

The Vox

Hey Guys,

I peiced together a Alan Scott custom that I wanted to do all without painting..

Ocean Masters Cape

Someone's Blonde hair

Hals Head

DareDevils chest

and so on..

I've been looking for a clear and clean classic Green Lantern chest logo to print on a sticker and stick on his chest (over the DD)

I found a faded crappy one that just looks bad.. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Much,

Vox

(so sorry if this should not be posted under DC Minis, I thought there used to be a custom section but I couldn't find it while doing a quick post from the office. Thanks)

• 2 months later...

Your post got me thinking, and I decided to give it a shot myself (had to track some of the right parts on the eBay, but it worked out well enough). I'm using a C3 Riddler head for mine, since the mask will match the cape then, and GA Flash's chest (and boots, and arms). Since I'll get an Aquaman with Ocean Master, I figure I'll use his hair (and legs; just gotta figure out how I want to do the belt). I made a decal for mine (the shade of red probably isn't quite right, but that shouldn't be hard to fix in photoshop), is the reason I post about this.

Mayhaps you can make use of it (don't forget - Alan's ring goes on the left hand^^).

On an unrelated note, did you do the Kyle in your avatar?

post-2948-1239142336_thumb.png

Edited by Tanuki

Awesome! Just what I was hoping for! Yes I did this Kyle.. way back when the John Stewart was released at SDCC so it's been changed much since then.. I still use John Stewarts arms but on Hal Jordan's chest peice and then a Dare Devil head with a touch of paint around the eyes.. and then some more spikey black hair.. can't remember who's I used.

As for Alan Scott.. The Ocean Master cape and the Hair of Aqua Man work so well it makes me really sad this line was canceled just a series or 2 too early. :( Good idea on the Riddler head.. I have just used Hal's head and go with the incorrect color.. but now I'm curious to try Riddler's head. Red feet look ok.. but I want to try a few different folded boots and see how it looks.

Thanks again for the decal!!

-Vox

The boots are giving me a bit of pause. I don't know if a decal would really work for the gold straps, but I also have 0 experience with paints. I do wish they'd just managed to get out an Alan and a Kyle before stopping. It's like Pocket Super Heroes all over again-_-

But hey, at least they released the only Ma Hunkel toy in existence^_^

That's a nice decal, Tanuki. I might give one of these a shot; I've got an extra Red Tornado cape laying around that's been driving me nuts. As for the boots, you might want to try just painting them white and then using a Sharpie. I think that's why I might do.

Thanks!

I was looking up at my (Silver-Age) Red Tornado and wondering about his cape, too. It'd take more recoloring than Ocean Master's, that's for sure. I think if one were to do a full recoloring of the boots, Hawkman/Hawkwoman's boots would likely be better, as they're the proper shape for Alan Scott's (also the right color, and even have yellow lines, but alas, in the completely wrong configuration).

That is nice, Nervous. I think the buccaneer boots look just fine. How did you do the chest symbol?

Now I'm torn between which cape to use. I'm still thinking about OMs, because I can use parts from him and the extra Aquaman for other things (I'm toying with a Braniac 5, and Aquaman's head and hair would be just right, after painting the head green).

very well done. The mask is brilliant.

The nice thing about Ocean Masters cape is in some of the older pics of Alan Scott he has almost this exact cape with the gold linking chain and everything.. :)

With all of this great support I'm going to have to get serious about this figure and get er done.

I gotta say thanks again for the decal!! It looks great on a shiney sticker. I don't think I'll paint the mask purple as it looks pretty good without being exactly accurate.

This is a custom that is perfect for those of us that aren't brilliant at making customs!! All parts swaps and one chest sticker and Alan Scott is in the display case with his GL brethren and Jay Garrick behind him.. in case they want to share stories about the olden days.

:)

Just got the final part. When I saw it, I realized Riddler's belt would work rather well. His hip piece is a bit smaller than Aquaman's, but it worked out even still. Now all I have left is to get the decal on him and paint on the ring.

post-2948-1240349597_thumb.png

• 9 months later...