UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Minimates cancelled

It's a little moot and after the fact, but I just felt the urge to point this out, now that the "big guns" aren't duking it out like a reenactment of Normandy.

Remember last year in early January there was that rumor that the MarvelMates were ending? This might be similar, so pray for more. ;)

Look at this post. It's polite, it's helpful, it actually adds to the conversation with a (then) valid point. I had to actually check 3 times at who was saying it! This honestly brought a smile to my face at how un-SSP SSP was being. Good job! *applause*

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm...are we missing something?? I just checked toyWiz's site, which i do frequently, and they list the Cylon Wave (5) as IN STOCK. My reaction was "umm...what the f*ck??" Anyone tried to order them, because i'm about to go out on a whim and try it...Just for the sake of hope...

EDIT: Not only that, but they also have an unannounced Leoben and Kara 7" two-pack! Is DST up to somethign here??

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

It's a little moot and after the fact, but I just felt the urge to point this out, now that the "big guns" aren't duking it out like a reenactment of Normandy.

Remember last year in early January there was that rumor that the MarvelMates were ending? This might be similar, so pray for more. ;)

Look at this post. It's polite, it's helpful, it actually adds to the conversation with a (then) valid point. I had to actually check 3 times at who was saying it! This honestly brought a smile to my face at how un-SSP SSP was being. Good job! *applause*

Except the fact that this is not similar at all. What happened was that DST lost the rights to do resin Marvel and people thought it was Marvel everything. There is a big difference here. Valid point? Even at the time of post? I think not.

And Dinobot, implying that SSP can't make a mature post is a dick thing to point out.

Umm...are we missing something?? I just checked toyWiz's site, which i do frequently, and they list the Cylon Wave (5) as IN STOCK. My reaction was "umm...what the f*ck??" Anyone tried to order them, because i'm about to go out on a whim and try it...Just for the sake of hope...

EDIT: Not only that, but they also have an unannounced Leoben and Kara 7" two-pack! Is DST up to somethign here??

If they actually do have them, that would awesome...but i have my doubts, I will be calling them tomorrow though to check!

Edited by mav-man

I'm not sure why you'd look at Toywiz for anything. They're one of the absolute worst online scalper shops out there. I doubt they know anything reliable on this.

I'm not sure why you'd look at Toywiz for anything. They're one of the absolute worst online scalper shops out there. I doubt they know anything reliable on this.

True, but i've ordered from them before. Hell, i once ordered something with, like, a one-two week shipping option selected. It arrived NEXT DAY. They aren't all bad, ya know...Just bad prices (ie:Hawkeye/Vision is MORE EXPENSIVE than Hawkeye/Vision 2.0...)

Well, I'll be a guinea pig for this. I placed an order for a set, we'll see what happens.

Not sure if i should thank you or feel guilty...Thanks it is!! ;)

I'd like to see how this plays out. If ToyWiz, being the scalper it is, actually was able to obtain a few sets, then we may have found Earth...er...Heaven for the line, boys. :blush:

Well, I'll be a guinea pig for this. I placed an order for a set, we'll see what happens.

I'd like to see how this plays out. If ToyWiz, being the scalper it is, actually was able to obtain a few sets, then we may have found Earth...er...Heaven for the line, boys. :blush:

I doubt that ToyWiz has there info. updated to the current status, but I've personally had a decent ordering-experience with some of their clearanced items in the past, so I won't knock them.

No-one would love to believe this more than I, but if the line's been shelved then I sincerely doubt that any have been (or will be) produced other than the prototypes. As for those proto.s? It's a good thing that I don't have any access to ToyFair! :P

Our only hope now is that someone will take interest at the next ToyFair (due to the BSG hype) and allow this to happen in some form. I never thought I'd actually see "Classic BSG 'mates", so nothing is impossible. Keep those fingers crossed and keep pestering the powers-that-be to show that people still want these!

I never thought I'd actually see "Classic BSG 'mates", so nothing is impossible.

I think the irony in your statement is that Classic BSG mates might be part of the problem with why there won't be more regular BSG mates. It seems to me sales weren't that big on those, which has added to the problem.

Stupid Daggit.

I doubt that ToyWiz has there info. updated to the current status, but I've personally had a decent ordering-experience with some of their clearanced items in the past, so I won't knock them.

No-one would love to believe this more than I, but if the line's been shelved then I sincerely doubt that any have been (or will be) produced other than the prototypes. As for those proto.s? It's a good thing that I don't have any access to ToyFair! :P

Our only hope now is that someone will take interest at the next ToyFair (due to the BSG hype) and allow this to happen in some form. I never thought I'd actually see "Classic BSG 'mates", so nothing is impossible. Keep those fingers crossed and keep pestering the powers-that-be to show that people still want these!

Okay, so when I went to order, I was able to place an order for only one set. I was told that there where not enough product available for me to order two. Okay, fine. One is better than none.

Well, I now have an email from them saying that they regret to inform me that the item I have ordered has been delayed and that they hope to have it back in stock in 1-2 weeks.

At least they are not sending me a set of something else entirely, that was what I was worried about. Well, I will keep everyone posted as to any further updates. Hopefully DST will have a new way of getting these out when they show up at Toy Fair.

Guys:

Not really big news, but news. AFX is now selling single Centurions and Cannon Centurions for $5 each, if anyone is interested. whether you're looking to army-build, show support for the line, or just want some more Cylons, this is probably the way to go.

I was just looking at those. They've also got some really nicely-priced series sets with your choice of free box-sets (Razor, IM, etc.). While I generally avoid them for their questionable shipping prices, I may just have to pick-up a few to build-up my troops and show that there's still an interest in these (and 'mates in general).

Guys:

Not really big news, but news. AFX is now selling single Centurions and Cannon Centurions for $5 each, if anyone is interested. whether you're looking to army-build, show support for the line, or just want some more Cylons, this is probably the way to go.

I was just looking at those. They've also got some really nicely-priced series sets with your choice of free box-sets (Razor, IM, etc.). While I generally avoid them for their questionable shipping prices, I may just have to pick-up a few to build-up my troops and show that there's still an interest in these (and 'mates in general).

Anyone looking for additional Cylons may also want to consider the Adama/Tigh/Boomer/Cylon set of four that is currently priced at $5.59. I was tempted to pick up a couple of things but the outrageous shipping price made any deal I was getting look like a complete waste of resources. Even though I wouldn't have minded the pilot Boomer figure, I can't justify the shipping charge AFX is charging, regardless of the discount they've given some of these items.

Where did you see the free box sets? I'm gonna pick up some sets and I'd really like a free BSG Razor set. Thanks!

Where did you see the free box sets? I'm gonna pick up some sets and I'd really like a free BSG Razor set. Thanks!

Go over to the left sidebar and there is a "free minimates offer" banner. Click on it, and it gives you an option of buying one of three Minimate deals, and then you can either get a Razor Set, Hostile Takeover Set, or IMTTA and Web Armor Spidey combo (your choice). I don't have Razor or HT, so this deal works for me. ;)

I don't think I'm losing it, but I'll be damned if I can find the free minimate banner. I've checked with 3 different computers, at home and at work with IE6, IE7 and Firefox. I'm just not seeing it. I'm guessing it would be either on the main page or the minimate page. the only banner i see is for the winter blowout sale.

Okay, so when I went to order, I was able to place an order for only one set. I was told that there where not enough product available for me to order two. Okay, fine. One is better than none.

Well, I now have an email from them saying that they regret to inform me that the item I have ordered has been delayed and that they hope to have it back in stock in 1-2 weeks.

At least they are not sending me a set of something else entirely, that was what I was worried about. Well, I will keep everyone posted as to any further updates. Hopefully DST will have a new way of getting these out when they show up at Toy Fair.

Right, so on Friday afternoon I got an 'Urgent' email from ToyWiz saying that I needed to call them immediately in regards to this order. I was at work, so I could not call right then. When I got home from work there was a message on my answering machine, from a live person, saying the same thing.

So I called...

I was told that they were sorry but they no longer had any of that item in stock. The lady wanted to know if I wanted to get something different or if I wanted a refund. Yes, the geniuses at ToyWiz charged my charge card without having any product in stock. I told her that I wanted a refund.

So I guess we will have to wait until Toy Fare to see how this all shakes out. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.

WOW!!! I just got done watching the 3rd(of the last 10) episode of BSG 'The Oath' it was amazing. My favorite episode of the series(so far). I REALLY want the last two waves+box set of the minimates. Please Chuck, Matt, anybody release these. I, like many BSG fans will be at peace. :)

Based on the last minimate Q & A, the DST guys hinted that they'd have something to show to help re-kindle interest in the final BSG waves...

To Quote the AA Q&A blog:

We plan to show at Toy Fair and we have a couple ideas but for now yes BSG 5&6 as well as the Caprica box set are on “hold”

Sadly, the photos from a couple of sources at Toyfair have not revealed anything for BSG minimates... just the 7" figures. It kinda suggests that someone was blowing smoke up our collective you-know-whats.