UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Minimates cancelled

Just thought I'd let you all know that, I wrote an email to AFX about doing an exclusive set for BSG too, and they answered me back this morning by saying, "they are looking into it", so hopefully this will be good news!

Edited by mav-man

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great. In the Hercules AFX blog, they mention some other surpirses. Hopefully it's something BSGish.

They don't just mention 'some other surprises'. They mention eight surprises. Lets see, that would be:

Cavil

Dorel

Leobon

Simon

'Mother' Cylon

missing 2 From the Fleet

and possibly Number Seven

Or maybe the kick butt Starbuck from New Caprica.

Granted, this is probably way too wishful of thinking but...

Anybody else asking them? If they're considering it, maybe a few people showing interest would help.

cs@shopafx.com

Is that the email to send questions to? I will happily pester write to them and ask about exclusive sets. :)

That would be great. In the Hercules AFX blog, they mention some other surpirses. Hopefully it's something BSGish.

They don't just mention 'some other surprises'. They mention eight surprises. Lets see, that would be:

Cavil

Dorel

Leobon

Simon

'Mother' Cylon

missing 2 From the Fleet

and possibly Number Seven

Or maybe the kick butt Starbuck from New Caprica.

Granted, this is probably way too wishful of thinking but...

If they did 8 BSG minimates, I would think it would be an almost all cylon set:

Cavil

Dorel

Leobon

Simon

Anders

Tori

The final cylon - we know who this is, but I won't say the name for spoilers sake.

And one more: either Starbuck, Hot Dog, Eyepatch Tigh, D'anna or the other Athena that was shown. Although Starbuck and Hotdog would not be cylons as far was we know.

Apparently the last two waves are being offered again for release this month(?).

From figures.com

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cg...le=771&nl=1

And here they are:

http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/default....=76300&ssd=

http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/default....=76308&ssd=

Is this really happening?

Edited by Turtle

I was wondering about the New Caprica set also- it is obviously just as important as these waves. Maybe AFX will pick that up as an exclusive.

These are listed in shops March 2009, which, if true, I think would mean they were already produced. I'm confused.

I emailed AFX and received a reply within a few minutes simply stating 'Thank you for writing. We will look into BSG possibilities.'

I hope that they will see that there is a large enough group who want these and take them into serious consideration.

Who knows if those are true?

Nothing yet from Figures or DST, but Stuckakid wrote back confirming they had received a cancellation notice for these back in January, and haven't heard anything since.

I have a feeling this might have just been a mistaken post of an old solicit... there's nothing on Diamond Distributors' homepage suggesting this is a new development.

---

edit

---

Just heard back from Figures.com's editor. He said he was just going on what was on Diamond Dist's March Toychest page.

Edited by Lobsterman

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

It's Tuesday and this week has so far been pretty shitty. The "news" this morning had me pumped. Why, oh why, must DST continue to trifle? How does an old listing just pop up in new solicits?

You know who I feel like? Fox Mulder

"I'm the key figure in an ongoing toy charade, the plot to conceal the truth about the existence of the final BSG minimate waves. It's a global conspiracy, actually, with key players in the highest levels of power, that reaches down into the lives of every man, woman, and child on this planet, so, of course, no one believes me. I'm an annoyance to my superiors, a joke to my peers. They call me Spooky. Spooky Turtle, whose sister used to burry his toys when he was just a kid and who now chases after little plastic men, shouting to the heavens or to anyone who will listen that the fix is in, that the sky is falling and when it hits it's gonna be the shit-storm of all time."

• 2 weeks later...
Just got my cancellation email from BBTS - Apparantly the new caprica set was cancelled @ diamond

Me too. On a slightly more optimistic note, the most recent Q&A still seems as though they are trying to get these guys out in some way or another. I know I am just being hopeful, but.... What are we without hope for the future?

Wow, I've never seen BBTS cancel anything, maybe they got a sternly worded email from DST or something, after they didn't cancel the preorders like all the other online stores 2 months ago...

After a quick search, it looks like the preorders they had for the Ghost Rider moviemates and the Spidey maximate are finally gone too, although Rocky III and the Spidey 3 Previews box are still up... guess those'll be out any day now :P

Yeah, but the preorders for waves 5 & 6 are both still up. And I have not got a cancellation notice about these. So who knows whats going on with BBTS.

It seems to me that if DST was going to send word that they needed to cancel the New Caprica mates and they didn't include waves 5 and 6 in that message then there is still some hope there. (At least that is what I am going to believe so that I feel better about it)