UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Black & White Custom Contest

luke314pi

That face! That hair! Those arms! :woot: Awesome!

I really like the interesting artistic direction these entries are taking... my initial impression was that we'd be seeing mostly B&W comic entries here (Sin City, noir comics etc.), but seeing a lot of interesting customs here taking their cue from old movies and stuff really has me pleasantly surprised :)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge Universal Monsters fan and that Elsa Lanchaster Bride of Frankenstein looks like something that was actually made. It's really really fantastic!

And that Jack the Ripper is creepy as hell!

I like all of the entries and know for me it'd be tough to choose a winner. I'd love to see a Rod Serling... or a Harry Lime from The Third Man.

Edited by Mystery Man

Hi gang, here is my entry, it is Charlie Chaplin. This is the second one I made, the first one was just too dark, and all the detail was lost. I also included the photo I based it from. Hope you like :D

c_chaplin_1.jpg

REALLY impressive effort buddy. Did you give him 3" minimate feet to simulate Chaplin's over-sized shoes?

It's getting better and better! And I do learn a lot here. Since I'm an absolute beginner in customizing - check the signature - the possibilities I do realize, one can do with those little fellows are steady increasing. Next to do is getting some of this Scupley or Milliput stuff (depending on what is available here)!

Three days to go, I wonder if there is anything else coming that will blow our collective mate-affine minds!

Marvelous contest so far!

:)

REALLY impressive effort buddy. Did you give him 3" minimate feet to simulate Chaplin's over-sized shoes?

ZArox is right, they are the original minimate feet, and its the exact reason I went with them...glad someone noticed, lol.

on a side note, I think this is a great idea for a contest, I love all the different customs and ideas so far. I think it gave us a reason to stray away from the normal type of customs we all like to do...Hey Boyd, you know whats funny, when you said yours would be done in a few days, I tried to think of what you were going to do, and I was close, I had a feeling it was going to be young frankenstein. No reason why, but that was my guess :D

ZArox is right, they are the original minimate feet, and its the exact reason I went with them...glad someone noticed, lol.

on a side note, I think this is a great idea for a contest, I love all the different customs and ideas so far. I think it gave us a reason to stray away from the normal type of customs we all like to do...Hey Boyd, you know whats funny, when you said yours would be done in a few days, I tried to think of what you were going to do, and I was close, I had a feeling it was going to be young frankenstein. No reason why, but that was my guess :D

That would have been great!

"What knockers!"

"Oh, why sank you doktor"

Hey Boyd, you know whats funny, when you said yours would be done in a few days, I tried to think of what you were going to do, and I was close, I had a feeling it was going to be young frankenstein. No reason why, but that was my guess :D

That's eerie. I've always thought about creating a Bride Minimate every Halloween, but I've never mentioned it to anyone. Stop reading my mind :)

Just out of curiosity (and my stupidity), is the deadline Saturday NIGHT by Midnight, or Friday NIGHT by Midnight? I think I'll be able to get my entry done either way, but there's some stuff I want to redo?

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity (and my stupidity), is the deadline Saturday NIGHT by Midnight, or Friday NIGHT by Midnight? I think I'll be able to get my entry done either way, but there's some stuff I want to redo?

Thanks.

Good point, I modified the first post to clarify things - it is Saturday night by midnight.

I remember that custom, but i don't keep a handy dandy list of everybody on this boards customs and their names, so i didn't know you used (i will bet my life you and me arent the only ones to ever have those three words pop in our head at the same time) that name. Besides, even if you made it up, i doubt you copyrighted it, because the country i live in says that if something isn't copyrighted i can pretty much use it in any way, shape, or form. :)

But anyways, i apologize M for ticking you off for the second (?) time on this board. (I wasn't being sarcastic there...)

FINALLY got my entry done.....after taking a long time deciding who I wanted to make, I proudly present:

The 4th Doctor, Tom Baker from Doctor Who

This was great fun and SO MANY wonderful entries, great work everyone!!

Bravo - A very cool, very eccentric mate. Do the States get Dr Who?