UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Top 5 '08

Trekker 42

So what's the top 5 of 2008? Any game for any platform released in this year is elligible. Check This Wikipedia Entry if you don't know what came out this year or what didn't.

Mine are:

1. Super Smash Bros Brawl

2. Guitar Hero World Tour

3. God of War: Chains of Olympus

4. Mario Kart Wii

5. LEGO Batman: The Video Game

Have fun! And let's see how you match up with the award winners, whenever they come ut.

1.) Super Smash Bros. Brawl (sucks that they kept changing the release date and delaying it.)

2.) Guitar Hero World Tour (haven't gotten it yet, but played it at my friend's house.)

3.) Animal Crossing: City Folk (ever since the first Animal Crossing game on GameCube, I've been hooked!)

4.) Rock Band 2 (I'm a sucker for any guitar game.)

5.) Mario Kart Wii (my favorite Mario Kart game since the first 3D Mario Kart Game.)

I love the Wii. And Nintendo.

I bought Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games hoping it'd be one of my favorites, but it sucked. I hated it.

Now, I wish Soulcalibur IV came out to the Wii, I loved Soulcalibur II for the GameCube, it was so fun. . .

Edited by Shup Dude

Great idea Trekker:

This would be my Top 5

1 - Fable II (360)

2 - Call of Duty: World at War (360)

3 - Burnout Paradise (360)

4 - Madden NFL 2009 (360)

5 - LEGO Batman (360)

And, for good measure, "Best Game by Platform" that you own:

Xbox 360 - Fable II

Xbox Live Arcade - Braid

Playstation 3 - Little Big Planet

Playstation Network - The Last Guy

Nintendo Wii - Super Smash Bros Brawl

Nintendo DS - Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Playstation Portable - Secret Agent Clank

neo

Copied from the other thread:

I have not played alot of the recent "big" titles, since I will be receiving some of them for Christmas, and others I will wait until they are cheaper to buy. So my Top 5 won't include GoW2, Fable 2, or Fallout 3.

Top 5:

1 - Rock Band 2 (360)

2 - Burnout Paradise (360)

3 - Boom Blox (Wii)

4 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)

5 - Silent Hill: Homecoming (360)

Great idea Trekker:

This would be my Top 5

1 - Fable II (360)

2 - Call of Duty: World at War (360)

3 - Burnout Paradise (360)

4 - Madden NFL 2009 (360)

5 - LEGO Batman (360)

And, for good measure, "Best Game by Platform" that you own:

Xbox 360 - Fable II

Xbox Live Arcade - Braid

Playstation 3 - Little Big Planet

Playstation Network - The Last Guy

Nintendo Wii - Super Smash Bros Brawl

Nintendo DS - Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Playstation Portable - Secret Agent Clank

Not my idea. It started off in the "What are you Playing" thread and I decided to give it its own thread.

Is World at War really that great? I'm thinking of getting it for Wii (as it's the only next gen I own.)

First off, WaW is GREAT! It's basically CoD 4 set in World War II. There have been minor upgrades, but it's basically the same. I loved CoD4 and I love WaW, and I'm kind of a history buff so I prefer the historical take. Plus, you learn really fast where "Kamakazee" originated, no one fights like the Japs!

As for the Wii version, I can't give you hands on impressions, as I haven't played it. But it's basically the same game with scaled graphics and motion control. What I've "heard" has been very positive, I've actually heard it as good if not better than Metroid Prime 3......but again, it's just what I've heard. I can said though, that if all is missing is some graphic gloss, the game is solid and a lot of fun and I would recommend it on any system! neo

First off, WaW is GREAT! It's basically CoD 4 set in World War II. There have been minor upgrades, but it's basically the same. I loved CoD4 and I love WaW, and I'm kind of a history buff so I prefer the historical take. Plus, you learn really fast where "Kamakazee" originated, no one fights like the Japs!

As for the Wii version, I can't give you hands on impressions, as I haven't played it. But it's basically the same game with scaled graphics and motion control. What I've "heard" has been very positive, I've actually heard it as good if not better than Metroid Prime 3......but again, it's just what I've heard. I can said though, that if all is missing is some graphic gloss, the game is solid and a lot of fun and I would recommend it on any system! neo

And thanks for the review, I'm definately going to get it, as long as the Wii version has "Nacht der Untoten"

Anybody know for sure if it does?

I've actually only bought 3 games this year and so top 5 is no good to me. Those 3 were GTA IV, Fable II and GoW 2.

I only have Gears left now. I enjoyed the others while playing them, but they weren't good enough to keep on the shelf. I have also played WaW and I love it, alot more than CoD 4. Quantum of Solace isnt a bad game, considering the movie. I( had a small play on Far Cry 2, and I thought it was awesome, and am looking forward to playing it over the holidays.

I've only got 5-6 games so here's mine.

1. CoD WaW - best game ever!

2. GTA IV

3. WWE Smackdown v Raw 2009

4. Star Wars: the Force Unleashed

5. GH3 (only cause I bought it this year and it's the only other game I have)