UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Secret" LE MiniMate SPOILER Thread

Cappy

No problem, skull buster.

3124384493_3ab5460a4a.jpg

You opened it. :ohmy:

Uh, no, it's still sealed in the baggie. Maybe it's the angle of the pic? It's so cool in the custom package, I wouldn't want to open it!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, no, it's still sealed in the baggie. Maybe it's the angle of the pic? It's so cool in the custom package, I wouldn't want to open it!

Yours seems to have a slot in the top of the baggie where the custom label was put. In mine and some of the others, that label is stapled to the top of the bag (it looks like yours was initially stapled, and had the staples pulled out).

Yours seems to have a slot in the top of the baggie where the custom label was put. In mine and some of the others, that label is stapled to the top of the bag (it looks like yours was initially stapled, and had the staples pulled out).

Precisely Watson ;)

Yeah, it is odd. The label has holes from two staples, though the staples aren't there. There are basically two sealed plastic bags joined along one (heat-sealed?) seam - one big bag holding Bats, and a smaller one holding the label.

Yeah, it is odd. The label has holes from two staples, though the staples aren't there. There are basically two sealed plastic bags joined along one (heat-sealed?) seam - one big bag holding Bats, and a smaller one holding the label.

The staple holes are what led me to believe you opened it .

It isn't a crime to do so :D

He didn't open it...

I did!

A long story short is that some of these mates were damaged in transit to the USA and Shane asked me if I could 'fix em up' so that he wouldn't be short and people wouldn't miss out.

The original bags were damaged in the process so I improvised. Think of them as a packaging variant! ;)

T.

He didn't open it...

I did!

A long story short is that some of these mates were damaged in transit to the USA and Shane asked me if I could 'fix em up' so that he wouldn't be short and people wouldn't miss out.

The original bags were damaged in the process so I improvised. Think of them as a packaging variant! ;)

T.

Problem solved, I say. Unless we have a jarring number of OC mint collectors here... :blink:

Personally I'm an opener myself, so I'm probably going to liberate my Santa Skrull and carefully save the baggie it came in as a keepsake (that is, IF it gets here :blush: ). I'm still bloody excited to get mine, and I'm sure little Skrully wouldn't mind being displayed with the rest of my Minimate legion... that is, not unless Wolverine and Hawkeye get any funny ideas and start beating the poor guy senseless... :P

Wow, just, WOW! Thanks LE and Shane and everyone on here for making this sight so flipping amazing that we attract amazing retailers like Limited Edition who want to MAKE minimates just for us. Here is my new favorite skrull ...

post-1666-1229932841_thumb.jpg

He is still the packaging for now but I have a feeling he is going to find his way out. I am an opener because I don't ever plan on getting rid of them.

No complaints from me about getting a 'packaging variant'!

It seems the original version has the card stapled onto a standard 2" x 3" Bagette brand bead bag - I'm sure a lot of us use these for storing our loose mates. I'm willing to bet that anyone who wanted to open theirs could use a staple remover to carefully pry open the staples, then just open the bag and slide the mate out. Resealing it ought to be a snap. If you could do this, in fact, you'd also be able to swap the skrull head with any other mate body.

There's no way to open and reseal my version, that I can think of.

As my photo shows, I opened mine. I didn't even take a pic of him in the packaging. The packaging was nice and all, just I'm an opener and wanted him on my BSG bridge display shelf.

Mine came today! Looks fantastic! Thanks to Shane and Limited Edition and anyone who helped out! Unfortunatly I do not have a camera currently so I can't post a pic of it. It is a skrullified BSG Baltar!

I knew it! The only thing worse than a Cylon. . .

Mine's here.

post-1316-1229989692_thumb.jpg

I always knew he was a Skrull!

Thanks LE! And Thanks Shanester!

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Okay, that is officially my new favorite Santy-skrull. Seriously, the face is gold for him, and he even gets the hairpiece. that is just beautiful. Way to go, LE. :)

Oh, and BHM, i probably would have found that funny if i knew what the hell you meant by "12..." :blink: