UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Heroes and Villians Sets

Chronotrigger

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11847

Wolverine, Spider Man, Cap, Hulk

Magneto, Green Goblin, Doom, Red Skull

I really like the Wolverine. You can swap out his head for any other male X-Man and have your own version of them in that costume.

All they need to do is do a female chest piece for it, and I would buy several sets just to do a team of X-Men in that get up.

Edited by Chronotrigger

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude! That is a shock! I may have to look into picking these up!

Hmmmmmmmm

Not sure on this one, wolvie looks great, but cap and hulk (what happened to his face)??????

Red skull looks worse than the custom i made, i hope its not the one that we get with the new Bucky Cap

and WTF is ' the sorcerer' DR Doom doing with a pistol???

Magnus looks good and will stand with the rest of the X's and the goblin looks spot on

but really, after the exitement of deadpool this looks like a rush job

Edited by andymini30

The heroes set is not doing it for me, other than using Wolverine's body for other purposes (that sounded a little dirty).

On the other hand, the villains set is awesome! I am glad to see a new Dr. Doom, I was never happy with the face on the original one. This one is much better. The new Magneto and GG also look fantastic. Red Skull has a great face and an iconic outfit. I wonder if this is a different one than we will get in the 2-packs next year? I would love two different outfits!

BBTS has the sets up for pre-order already. Other than getting another Hulk I think these sets are great and of course any new minimates are welcome! I really like the Wolverine and the Villians set is great other than the already mentioned goofy look on Red Skull's face.

Edited by gambitron

Aswome mates, but really?? Just a few things:

Another Hulk, and his face looks horrible. I am really hating how the "demand" for the Hulk mate is ruining the actual figure.

Wolvie has normal hands?! We only had to wait, what, 3 years for that?? And so many Wolvies so close together will be a turn off for me.

I'm sorry, but Cap just isn't Cap with so many anymore. When he was one of the only perfect "10 outta 10s" on MC, he was awsome. We're getting too many so close together, and they are looking worse and worse every time.

We really don't need a nother Red Skull right now. Compared to the Nazi-unfiorm one that'll probably be released a month before, this was a bad choice. Should've gone with someone like Zemo.

The only good points, as far as i see, are:

Better Magneto (Magnus) with cool hairpiece and magnetic pulse.

Wolvie gets hands.

DD and GG look SO much better than the originals, it's scary. Hope they get extra heads for Vic and Norm.

Spidey actual doesn't suck, but we're getting A LOT in 24, so this was unneeded as of now.

I'm only picking up the Villains set as of now, but i'll probably get the heroes' set later on. They just aren't pizzazz-y enough since ALL of the characters are beeing released so close to better versions of them. :(

Is it safe to consider these a Minimate Christmas miracle?

The Heroes set does seem a little unnecessary, especially if you're already a Minimate collector. But for new collectors, that would be pretty cool. Which makes me think these will be showing up at TRU eventually.

And the Wolverine is going to save me a bunch of work for a Forge custom.

The Villiians set looks great, though. Looks like the Target-exclusive Green Goblin finally found a home. The updated Dr. Doom looks good, and the Red Skull looks good as well. Could use a little Cosmic Cube, though...

Would have loved to get a Kang in the Villians set.

Edited by boyd

These are def designed to bring in newbies and at the same time give us fanboys some incentive to buy them.

I wonder if this is part of the TRU initiative to get minimates back into Mass Market?

Makes sense 4 packs of well known characters.

As for the figures themselves, ( these are mostly negatives but that's cos I'm nit picking)

Good guys...

If Cap is the same as invaders cap that's cool with me!

Hulk has an odd face, but otherwise is a nice simple version.

Spidey is spidey, lets hope they dont screw the paint aps up on the chest like the TRU version

Wolverine looks cool, notice one clawed hand one without? are we finally getting wolverine with spare plain hands?

As for the bad guys...

Red Skull's face looks a bit off too surprised or Angry IMO (perhaps that is his "O" face?) and I expect the face to be the same as the wave 25/26 one but a different costume.

Doom is a retread of the old one with a different face ( the older one was nicer though more detail is not always bettter DST!) and a gun,

Not sure I like Magneto's hair, just looks odd to me!

Goblin is the pick of the bunch here and is spot on :)

So the above is critical but I guess these are only proto's and we may yet see changes or tidier versions.

T.

DATE! A release date! I need a release date!

At least on the villains. The heroes, I could care less about. Mags better have his helmet or it's not Magneto in myeyes. The helmet is THAT important.

I like the skull simply because it's a Cap villain and Cap has NO villains.

Goblin: Fuck yeah! Best o the bunch!

Doom: Cool face. I like him better than Skull and about equal to Magneto

I'm probably not gonna get the Hero set, although the Wolverine is awesome.

The Wolverine in that set seems like the only changed character, the Hulk, Spidey, and Cap. America all look the same as the other versions but Hulk and Cap. have worse facial expressions.

I love the Dr. Doom and Magneto (Magnus) and I really love the new look of Green Goblin.

Red Skull is the only one I really don't care about in that pack, but I'm still gonna try getting it!

Where can you pre-order these besides BBTS?

EDIT: Just went to the BBTS site and looked up Minimates, and found nothing.

Edited by Shup Dude

I think I'll pass on the heroes set, looks like a bit too much of what we've already seen.

Great updates on three old villains, and one new bad guy. Sounds perfect if you ask me. I'm really into the Doom and Goblin, I think they're the best in the set. Redskull would look a lot better if his mouth was closed and he had a cosmic cube, but what the hell. At least we're seeing Redskull in his green costume. Certainly pre-ordering.

But is it just me, or does Magneto look like the one from Marvel Zombies?

I think I'll pass on the heroes set, looks like a bit too much of what we've already seen.

Great updates on three old villains, and one new bad guy. Sounds perfect if you ask me. I'm really into the Doom and Goblin, I think they're the best in the set. Redskull would look a lot better if his mouth was closed and he had a cosmic cube, but what the hell. At least we're seeing Redskull in his green costume. Certainly pre-ordering.

But is it just me, or does Magneto look like the one from Marvel Zombies?

He does look like a zombie, or just a hobo. Both are the same, I guess.

Where are you pre-ordering it?

Edited by Shup Dude

As Timbo said, the Heroes set is definitely aimed at new collectors. Think of it like a GI Joe that is in constant production, rather than the limited release runs MiniMates see. Spidey has a slip-over mask. Looks like that's going to be the norm for ol' Webhead. *sigh*

So why does everyone keep typing "Magento (Magnus)"? Yeah, yeah, I'm out of the X-loop....

Wowsa!

Some cool figres there. The updated Goblin looks excellent. I'm really looking forward to being able to get my hands on a Doom as well.

Gotta agree with TBT! on Magneto's hair . . . not sure if i'm a fan. Also - on a Mag-Rant: I always pictured his power signature as electric blue, rather than fucsia. Not digging the unshaven look either, although i guess i already have a clean shaven face for him - so bring on the razorless Magnus (Perhaps he stopped shaving after multiple blades got stuck to his face).

Wolverine's face has possible got just a bit too much, but that's really nit-picking on my part. I'm actually excited to be getting a Jim Lee blue & gold Wolverine. I can see this one being popular on the seconds market & eBay as an easy base for the X-Men Strike Force:

http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/4images/data/...88/uxmen275.jpg

I mainly collect X-Men Mini's, but the Cap looks pretty deceent & i'm sure i could use a Sipdey too in any number of Mini-crossovers . . . so maybe i'll end up getting both packs!

He does look like a zombie, or just a hobo. Both are the same, I guess.

Where are you pre-ordering it?

No, he doesn't look like a zombie. Magneto just looks similar to how he did in the first Marvel Zombies arc. And as stated earlier you can pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store.

Damn, I can't wait to get the new Doom. I wish these were out now, on BBTS has them listed for an April release.

Edited by McDurg