UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Heroes and Villians Sets

Chronotrigger

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this happened last year(not sure about the few years before) when we got closer to SDCC. So much product to get out. DST is a smaller company, than say Hasbro or Mattel, so this is gonna happen. The Spirit MM were late, so These are probably behind as well. It sucks, but if you've been collecting mates from the beginning, you should be numbed to the feeling by now. :D

Why do the even bother showing us release dates??? :(

Well, they don't. They show us release date *estimates*. Personally I'd rather have a general idea of when I'm gonna need cash handy, so I can budget it, than find out two days ahead of time on that week's Diamond list. Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration, but after a while you stop taking DST's estimates so literally, as bilbofett said...

Does anyone know if these sets will be available at Toys R Us when they are finally released?

I initially thought that they would, but the fact that TRU released some of those figures as two-packs makes me wonder. . .seems like a weird strategy, if so.

Why do the even bother showing us release dates??? :(

Well, they don't. They show us release date *estimates*. Personally I'd rather have a general idea of when I'm gonna need cash handy, so I can budget it, than find out two days ahead of time on that week's Diamond list. Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration, but after a while you stop taking DST's estimates so literally, as bilbofett said...

Sorry.....I just need my fix man.......thats all. I'm getting the shakes.........:sick:

Sorry.....I just need my fix man.......thats all. I'm getting the shakes.........:sick:

Ha, nothing to be sorry about... hopefully my post didn't read too "dick", I was just trying to answer your rhetorical question ;). I may not put much stock in DST's projected release dates, but I'm still jonesing for something new to come out as much as the next minimaddict -- hopefully just a week to go!

Yeah...I don't think there is a collectible company out there (sideshow, bowen, dcd, dst, etc) that actually ever makes their estimated or projected shipping dates. I guess patience is a virtue every collector must have.......or go insane!

Edited by pavehawk78

Just grabbed the Villains, and as usual they're even better in person. My favourite thing is they actually feel like a set, since each mate looks completely psychotic -- Red Skull and Gobby laughing maniacally, Magneto looking *very* pissed, and even Doom's eyes are all burny and furious. They're great!

The Cap is nice because it has a slip on mask where you can see the head underneath. The full-maskpiece from the Invaders set was nice, but I think this looks more natural. However, the face does fit with the eyeholes on the mask included... so you gotta replace the head with a Series 5 Cap head. Other than that, the paint apps are cleaner (at least one mine) than were on the Invaders cap. The harness for his shield is dark brown instead of black. He doesn't have a star on the belt buckle that's painted on the crotchpiece. I dig him.

The Red Skull is superb. THIS is the Red Skull that I've wanted, though the black suited version is great lookin' too. He looks nuts with those eyes! The slight yellowing of the teeth also looks hip. Standing next to the other villains in the set, plus Loki... reeeally will make you want a Mandarin or Titanium Man for Iron Man so that there'll be even more cool classic villains.

Since the heroes and villains have already been posted on this thread I decided to showcase the two missing mates from the TRU wave, Captain America and the Red Skull. Enjoy!

(click thumbnail for larger pics)

Captain America

th_cap1.jpgth_cap1a.jpg

th_cap2.jpgth_cap2a.jpg

The Red Skull

th_redskull.jpgth_redskull2.jpg

Trashing Nazi scum the american way!

th_naziscum.jpg

Is anyone else having trouble with Cap's hands?

It looks like on my particular cap they shot some kinda gunk in the wrist slots that hardened up... possibly to make them a bit more snug. (I've actually done this myself on mates before... I'll put a dab of glue on the pegs then keep rotating them in the hole so the glue hardens, but doesn't seal, making a snugger fit for the peg.)

Problem is it dried in such a way that it gunked things up more than it snugged things up, so I had to dig the gunk out of his wrists with a pick before I could get his hands in all the way.

PS. My Cap's mask doesn't fit right either. I think they made the head slightly bigger on newer mates... I put my old Giant Sized wolverine's mask on my Secret Invasion Wolverine, and it was snug as hell too. Took me a half hour to pry it off afterward.

Trashing Nazi scum the american way!

th_naziscum.jpg

(yes that is a link)

OMG I SO THOUGHT THE SAME THING!!!! XD XD XD That's amazing!!

And that gives a whole new meaning to "Nazi-zombies..." :blink:;)

Love them both, and since i only got Wolvie/Mags and Pete/Gobby (lol fodder), i guess i'll have to pick this up tomorrow...;)

If anybody needs a Doom, GG, or Magneto let me know. Redskull outshines them all, and I already have them. Passed on the hero set, I'm going back tomorrow to get my Deapool comic, so if anybody wants me to try and pick it up for trade I can.

Did anybody else find that when they removed Redskull's head, when you put it back on it was extremely wiggly?