UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

music...and you...

entertheninja!

Course being in Seattle gotta love Pear Jam, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Blind Melon, Black Crowes.

Soundgarden and Alice in Chains are my favorite Seattle bands.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pour moi...

Blink 182, the Killers, the Cure, the Clash, the Ramones, Fallout Boy, the Fray... other stuff.

Ben Folds (my favorite of all time)

Collective Soul

Barenaked Ladies

Dave Matthews Band

Radiohead

I grew up listening to the Carpenters so there is still a special place in my heart for them.

Other than that my iPod is just a conglomeration of other music.

ok, here we go....

bands i have seen live:

anberlin

motion city soundtrack

metro station

alkaline trio

the fashion

everything else i have in my i-pod:

alesana

alexisonfire

the arcade fire

bloc party

bob dylan

boys night out

brand new

the bravery

cold war kids

the cramps

a day to remember

dethklok :P

does it offend you?, yeah?

the doves

the flaming lips

flogging molly

foo fighters

gorillaz

the hives

hot hot heat

incubus

interpol

jack's mannequin

jimmy eat world

the killers (day and age is WONDERFUL)

led zeppelin

mae

matchbook romance

the matches

matt and kim

matt skiba

Mc Chris

maxeen

MGMT

modest mouse

muse

my chemical romance

nine inch nails

new found glory

oingo boingo :)

Ok Go

peaches

pillows

phantom planet

red jumpsuit apparatus

reliant k

say anything

the shins

silversun pickups

sparta

tim and eric

tokyo police club (NOT TOKYO HOTEL!!!!)

weezer

the white stripes

the who

30 seconds to mars

3OH!3

+44

forgot:

ben folds and flight of the conchords

what is the best cold war kids song?i need to download some new songs and my friend loves them...?

What did you peoples think of The Killers "Day and Age"?

I like to sing to myself in the shower sometimes :)

T.

...and I like to sit on Timbo's sink and listen to him sing....until he yells at me and I run into the wall trying to get out. :wacko:

when TBT's not performing, it really depends on the day, and what I am in the mood for.

as they come to mind in random order, I like elvis costello, regina spektor, quasimoto, mf doom, waylon jennings, jethro tull, johnny cash, tricky, peanutbutter wolf, the roots, new york dolls, paolo conte,eagles,bob seger,flight of the conchords, nina simone, badly drawn boy, portishead, bowie, seu jorge, dr octagon, beatles, mos def, common, handsome boy modelling school, and about 100 different old school rap groups with one or two good songs.

probably my most listened to cd in the last five years is the Anchorman soundtrack...very good stuff on there

The Beatles

Simon and Gerfunkel

Paul Simon

Pink Floyd

Journey

Kansas

The Who

Queen

Bowie

Crosby, Stills, Nash(and Young)

The James Gang

Pure Praire League(Amie could possibly my favorite song ever)

Cat Stevens

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

The Blanks( the name of Ted's band from scrubs...his real one)

Anberlin

Copeland

Emery

The Format

Fun

Foo Fighters

House of Heroes

Incubus

Jason Mraz

Mae

Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies

Panic! at the Disco

Relient k

The Rocket Summer

Run Kid Run

Say Anything

Skillet

Switchfoot

Weezer

and the occasional Rhinana B)

I also am a fan of TSO, Flight of the Concords, And Sweeny Todd

I'm a little all over the place sometimes I listen to the alternative, but I also listening to alot of classic country and 80's stuff. My wife gives me a hard time because some of my favorite cd's to play are from the Wedding Singer and various other 80's compilation cd's :blush: Oh, and for the folks who like some of the Seattle Grunge/Alternative scene, what about Presidents of the United States? I actually like more of Chris Cornell's stuff outside of Soundgarden myself.

• 5 months later...

so this is a bit of a necro but I thought I would add to this thread finally...while normally I listen to more Rock music, loud, heavy and hard...I have lately found myself changing or adding more to my music library, jazz especially. but the most different in my list has been a Canadian - Billy the Kid. Her folk style seems to fit into my playlist way better then ever expected. Check her out here: www.BillytheKidOnline.com

Jeff of the Miniacs

Edited by minijeff

Hmm...almost forgot we had this.

New stuffs!!

All Time Low

Mayday Parade

We the Kings

Olivia Newton-John

Team America :P

The Smashing Pumpkins

Janis Joplin

Nina Simone

Bob Dylan

Hendrix

The Philip Glass Ensemble

Tyler Bates

Trevor Rabin

Bear McCreary FTW!!!!!

Alexz Johnson

The Boxer Rebellion

The Rembrandts

Shirley Bassey

Kenny Loggins

Ozzy Osbourne

Billy Ray Cyrus

Tokio Hotel

Silversun Pickups

David Nail

Mastodon

Phil Collins

The White Stripes

Vib Gyor

Petula Clark :wub:

The Fray

Reba McEntire

The Lonely Island

Billy Medley & Jennifer Warnes

Journey

Bon Jovi

Theory of a Dead Man

Yea...it grew. :blush:

daft punk:everything

ramstein:erverything

HIM:its all tears(unplugged and normal)

justice:everything

depeche mode:everything

new order:everything

lonely island:everything

group x:everything

muse:everything

mgmt:everything

Edited by clayface1

barely listen to anything, back then i was a music fanatic, but here's my favorite music

primus(greatest band ever)

sublime(everyone loves em

smashing pumpkins(love the sound of their guitars)

rhcp

daft punk(robots + rock=robot rock!)

incubus(especially their early stuff)

queen(will always hold a special place in my heart,got almost all their records)

buckethead(greatest guitarist)

no doubt(imo only good chick singer,screw haley williams)

ratm,mudvayne and korn(only metal bands i like)

radiohead

muse

Edited by SErge

Wow thanks minijeff for bringing this back I forgot I started this...haha well I can proudly add Muse, The Killers, The Lonely Island, and Green Day on my favorites list

Edited by entertheninja!

Wow. I realize I barely recognize anything anyone listens to.

Thanks to my kids, most of my music comes from Veggie Tales. Bob and Larry Sing the 70's is pretty classic.

Thanks to my nephew I have "There's A Party In My Tummy" by "Yo Gabba Gabba" stuck in my head so were about even..I accept the fact I have no life

Let's list my artists...

Arctic Monkeys

Billy Talent

Bowling For Soup

Bright Eyes

Every Time I Die

Fall Out Boy

Franz Ferdinand

The Fratellis

Green Day

Interpol

Kanye West

The Killers

Marilyn Manson

The Matches

Mayday Parade

Mindless Self Indulgence

Muse

My Chemical Romance

Panic at the Disco

Phantom Planet

the pillows

Queen

Say Anything

Scars On Broadway

Serj Tankian

The Strokes

System of a Down

Taking Back Sunday

That's about right...

Jimmy Eat World

Green Day

The Ramones

The Beatles

The Pixies

The Sex Pistols

NOFX

No Use For a Name

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

The Clash

Elliott Smith

Wilco

The Roots

Notorious BIG

Tupac

Drive By Truckers

Old Crow Medicine Show

Gin Blossoms

Coldplay

Weezer

Iron & Wine

Johua Radin

William Fitzsimmons

Wow. I realize I barely recognize anything anyone listens to.

Thanks to my kids, most of my music comes from Veggie Tales. Bob and Larry Sing the 70's is pretty classic.

Thanks to my nephew I have "There's A Party In My Tummy" by "Yo Gabba Gabba" stuck in my head so were about even..I accept the fact I have no life

What's actually stuck in my head most of the time is the Hot Dog Song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Since it's done by They Might Be Giants, it's right up there with Here Comes the ABC's.

Hoo-wee, that's loaded-question as I've gone through too many phases and have quite an eclectic taste (or schizophrenic). Here goes...

Early years: grew-up in the 7O's so I've a soft-spot for radio 'oldies' 50's, 60's, 70's (too many one-hits to recall but stand-outs are of course classic-rock: Beatles, Who, Stones, Queen, Bowie, Zepplin, Kiss, Aerosmith, Rush, Cheap Trick, Peter Frampton, etc. and secretly liked some pop like ABBA, Carpenters, BeeGees, and *gulp* even a tiny bit of disco).

Early 80's: Of course influenced heavily by early MTV and the wonderful diversity of pop-music (loved NewWave and Metal, which was quite a contradiction at the time). To this day, I still love most of this...especially Adam Ant!

Around '84 became a 'skate-punk' and shunned all prior interests for a diet of nothing but punk/alternative/indy music (Misfits/Samhain, Dead Kennedys, Suicidal Tendencie, Husker Du, Clash, GBH, etc.). This led to all kinds of sub-genres as I met new people in clubs, shows, etc. (Cure, Smiths, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Echo & the Bunnymen, Cocteau Twins, Bauhaus, Love & Rockets, Dalis Car, Sisters of Mercy, Fields of Nephilim, Cult, This Mortal Coil, Wolfgang Press, Front 242, Skinny Puppy, Consolidated, Pixies, My Bloody Valentine, Jesus & Mary Chain, Depeche Mode, They Might Be Giants, etc., etc...too many to recall). Went through a small phase with: Specials, English Beat, House Martins, Madness, Desmond Decker, Pogues, Tom Waites, etc...and too much drinking. Small phase of trip-hop and electronica (Massive Attack, DepthCharge, etc.). Hallucinagenics will make you lose a decade kiddies!

Didn't care for much in the 90's (most art-less era IMHO...I didn't care for grunge much after it "took-off"...maybe a bit of Mud Honey) at all, so I was more interested in "shoe-gazer" stuff like: Lush, Ride, Arc Welder, Verve, and a veritable shit-load of spacey, ethereal Brit-pop in the vein of Radiohead. Had quite a few friends with bands influenced by: Spacemen3, Mazzy Star, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.).

Early 2000 was time to reflect on the past and regroup after far too much introspective and beautifully-depressing music!

I pretty much like everything now (yes, even some Country and especially Blue-Grass) except for insidious contemporary American-pop (poop), but I'm pretty out-of-touch with what's current. My 'main-stay' music is pretty much stuck in the 80's, but I occasionally hear something new that sounds vaguely "retro" that I like.

Lately, I listen to a lot of Latin music (Julieta Venegas, Bacilos, Alejandro Sans, Calle 13, etc.)...but no Bachata or RRRegeaton, por favor! :sick:

Edited by cdubya

I recently started being a Rent-head. If anyone hasn't seen Rent, this is one of the musicals you HAVE TO see before you die!!! :P I hate that it stopped showing Broadway, luckily I have the DVD :)

Anyway, I have been obsessing over Green Day's AWESOME HAWT new album, "21st Century Breakdown"! :buttrock: Frankly, all the songs in that album are fricking awesome! I couldn't stop listening to it for 2 weeks non-stop! :ohmy: