UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

music...and you...

entertheninja!

Beleive it or not most of my iTunes is either Classic Rock or Disney music. I'm a nerd. I know. But I love Disney music. The songs are so damn catchy. Especially the villain songs...

[starts humming Friends on the Other Side]

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new find is Wednesday 13 (who sang in Murderdolls w/ the drummer from Slipknot). He also had a band called Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13. Songs include "Smother my Brother", "I Want You...Dead", "Bad Things", "Rot for Me", "Till Death Do Us Party" (an awesome Jason Voorhees song), and "Happily Ever Cadaver".

If you like Marilyn Manson, you'd probably dig W13 & FDQFP13. Devout Christians need not apply! :lol:

We just saw She & Him (Zooey Deschanel's band) in Royal Oak, MI last night, an awesome show.

However, 3 songs into the show Zooey asked the audiance to turn off the flash if you are taking pictures, but for the rest of the show, people kept using flash photography. It was so bad that you could actually see her attempt to cover her eyes or look away.

When did people stop having any type of courtesy? Has it always been this way, and I'm just at 'that age' where I notice it more? :blink:

We just saw She & Him (Zooey Deschanel's band) in Royal Oak, MI last night, an awesome show.

However, 3 songs into the show Zooey asked the audiance to turn off the flash if you are taking pictures, but for the rest of the show, people kept using flash photography. It was so bad that you could actually see her attempt to cover her eyes or look away.

When did people stop having any type of courtesy? Has it always been this way, and I'm just at 'that age' where I notice it more? :blink:

I wanted to go SOO bad last night. Zooey has a voice like an angel, I love her and everything she does. :D

My sister won tickets and went, but tickets were sold out when I tried to get them.

Beleive it or not most of my iTunes is either Classic Rock or Disney music. I'm a nerd. I know. But I love Disney music. The songs are so damn catchy. Especially the villain songs...

[starts humming Friends on the Other Side]

Disney songs are awesome. B)

Yeah they are.

If you, like me, like villain songs, check out the lost villain song from the lost alternate version of The Emperor's New Groove. It's called Snuff Out the Light.

And it's gloriously disturbing.

• 1 month later...

Haha well, my musical tastes have definately changed! When I first joined here (under the name Iowa) i listened to "nu-metal", Green Day, and whatnot. Now, some of my favorite bands are Matt and Kim,

, and
haha.

Passion Pit is my all time favorite band! I love Matt and Kim as well, but not a big fan of Animal Collective. Have you heard of Miike Snow or The Fashion? They're very similar to the three.

No I haven't, should check them out, eh? I've seen She & Him mentioned in this thread; I LOVE She & Him! :lol:

Also, I've been listening to alot of Regina Spektor recently. Any Regina fans here? :whistling:

I'll just list some bands that are currently on my ipod:

Tegan and Sara, Manchester Orchestra, Mates of State, Phoenix, Neutral Milk Hotel, Crystal Castles, Regina Spektor, The Killers, The Rapture, Interpol, Brand New, Passion Pit, Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse, Nine Inch Nails, Animal Collective, Ra Ra Riot, Arcade Fire, Tokyo Police Club, She & Him, Matt and kim, OK Go, The Airborne Toxic Event, Foo Fighters, Vampire Weekend, Silversun Pickups, The Black Keys, Death Cab for Cutie, Gorillaz, Shiny Toy Guns, Temper Trap, Muse, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, White Stripes, The Dead Weather, MGMT, The Strokes, DEVO, Ben Folds, Weezer

EDIT:...and the occasional Ceremony :thumbsup:

Edited by IndieMate

• 2 weeks later...

Having come back from the US this week I have to admit that you have much to be proud of....here's two of them Steven Sondheim & Glenn Close.

I just came across her version tonight & she is just stunning in a way many of you guys perhaps don't yet grasp.....she's gorgeous & she can boil my bunny any day!

This song reduces me to tears every time I hear it ....especially Sinatra's version . God Bless America & all of it's greatness.

We'll talk about the bad points some other time ;)

The Dead Kennedy's and Beck have fueled my summer as has Miike Snow and Richard Hawley. I just came back from Illinois where my brother DJ's and he introduced me to all of the great house music. Benny Benassi and The Biz and Felix Da Housecat are incredibly dope.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, no clue why I haven't posted in this thread(the mushroom head thread reminded me of this) but it's time I shared what I've been listening to lately, because my taste in music is important to all of your lives! :D

LOTS of Tom Waits. Finally managed to get my hands on Rain Dogs, I'd recommend it to everyone who doesn't suck. The album is great from start to finish, and it's got some great tunes(Singapore, Rain Dogs, Jockey full of Bourbon, Tango Til They're Sore, just to name a few). I don't like the album quite as much as the 3 disc Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers, and Bastards which I got around April, but it's still a phenomenal album. Now I really gotta get my hands on Bone Machine.

Tons of the Gorillaz, their debut album, Demon Days, Plastic Beach, it's all incredible stuff. Love how all their albums have their own sound. I've been trying to get myself pumped for their concert October 8th, even though I'm already uber excited about it. NY here I come. :D

Upon hearing the band was going to reunite I've been listening to a good bit of GY!BE. Mostly been listening to the albums F♯A♯∞ and Yanqui U.X.O. I've been pillaging record outlets in search of Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven but to no avail. That album has my favorite track of theirs called Sleep, which is a really mellow but haunting tune.

Lonely London Lad. I bet none of you have heard that name, I'm not shocked either. They are an Indie Band, but an incredible one at that. Their music range anywhere from quirky fun tunes(Dick and Jane, Idiot, Lady Macbeth) to good old rock(SPQR, Beyond Mercury). If you're in the mood for something different you should absolutely give these guys some thought. Just google them and check out their facebook or website where you can sample most of their songs.

Metallica. Pretty much Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and every now and then And Justice.

Also been listening to a bit of Mos Def, Slayer, Talking Heads, Snoop Dogg, The Residents, MF Doom, George Baker, Jefferson Airplane, and Arthur Brown.

So yeah, all of this stuff is pretty much what I've been listening to over the last two months. My apologies if this was a tl;dr post, I'm bored.

Been listening to the soundtracks from A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel. Funny stuff in there.

"There are so many douchebags in the world. Yes. So many douchebags get the girls."

"I wonder what would happen if I just... broke your fingers. Then you wouldn't be able to play the guitar anymore. And then you'd be... just like Umbridge. [whisper] Except Umbridge can kick yo ass."

"WHO DISRESPECTIN UMBRIDGE!?"

Basically any Potter fan who hasn't watched it, should. If you do not want the ending of the actual series spoiled though, don't. Wait until the 7th movie. Or just read the bloody book!