UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV Geographic

Bob Harris

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, brighter thoughts. Let's have a fun question: Be it due to weather, or strange terrain, or anything due to your location; who's house will be the most difficult for Santa to get to tonight?

I can already say that it will NOT be me. I think Santa looks foreward to Georgia. We've never given him a hard time here. And at least here he doesn't have to worry about sleighjackings like he does in South Florida (I have a teacher who was a cop in South Florida, so I know the stories.)

I'm pretty hopeful Santa won't have a difficult time visiting our place... bar the fact that very few houses here actually have chimneys and the weather here fluctuates wildly between searing summer heat (in December!) and gloomy, rainy days with gale-force winds. Blasted global warming! :P

Santa had no problem getting to me here. It was 86 degrees here today. On a similar regional note did anyone else get a gun for Christmas. I got this it is a Glock 23 and is awesome.

IMG_0199.jpg

See, reading that just scares the hell out of me.

I got Wii boxing gloves, monster slippers and books.

Jo

sitting at work at 9.18am on boxing day - I've taken 1 call so far and I started at 9

I know, it just shows how different our countries are really.

We don't even arm most of our police.

I am in the process of a degree in criminal justice and I plan to be a police so I find that disturbing. I could not imagine law enforcement without a gun. Didn't Britain outlaw guns to cut down violent crime? I read something over the summer about a bunch of stabbings, it's like you can't win.

I know, it just shows how different our countries are really.

We don't even arm most of our police.

I am in the process of a degree in criminal justice and I plan to be a police so I find that disturbing. I could not imagine law enforcement without a gun. Didn't Britain outlaw guns to cut down violent crime? I read something over the summer about a bunch of stabbings, it's like you can't win.

Guns are not outlawed in the UK although to own one you require a licence. Whilst many police officers in the UK carry firearms especially when on duty at 'sensitive' areas, airports etc., most do not. Many sad individuals in our country carry knives as weapons & in my life-time I have been threatened twice by such a dick-head, it is not the norm & very uncommon .

• 1 month later...
This is where I live. It was interesting to find out the population was 97% white in 2000 because it has become much more diverse since then. We are much more diverse than where I grew up (99.15% white). I suppose that's what happens when you name a town 'Whitestown'. Here's how to get there. Things have changed a lot around here, but there's still an underlying sense of racism around here, but it's more toward Hispanics now than African-Americans. :( People suck sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...