UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MMMV Geographic

Bob Harris

Oh, hey, here's the Wikipedia Page on Cumming

Wow, you really CAN find anything on wikipedia, though I don't want to get stuck on that page...

Was there any need ? :rolleyes:

Damn it! Stop making fun of my home! Go find harder targets and show your true pun-making prowess. :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, hey, here's the Wikipedia Page on Cumming

Wow, you really CAN find anything on wikipedia, though I don't want to get stuck on that page...

Was there any need ? :rolleyes:

Damn it! Stop making fun of my home! Go find harder targets and show your true pun-making prowess. :P

Me :ohmy: I was merely rebuking Espo25 for his indiscretion :(

Fortunately I never moved to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crapstone,_Devon which is some 15 miles from here.

Figures there was gonna be at least one double entendre-worthy hometown in this thread. I feel for ya, Trekker.

And NorthRaider, it's really sad, that the only pic Wiki displays of your city is the one with the burning avenue! Bad Wiki! ;)

Eh, and an old forties-era pic, no less :ermm: If there's any consolation, our city isn't really all that interesting-looking... imagine any generic-looking suburban sprawl-city, only five degrees hotter and with more of these:

jeepney.gif

The only way to travel, as far as I'm concerned ;)

Well - I'm in Canberra, Australia.

I was born in Melbourne & did most of my growing up in Sydney, but moved to Canberra for university a few years ago.

Despite being relatively unknown globally, Canberra is actually the capital city of Australia.

Canberra is an Aboriginal (Indigenous Australian) word that translates to 'Meeting Place'.

Canberra's a lot smaller than either Sydney or Melbourne, and as a result we miss out on most of the MiniMate action, which is why i'm such an eBay junkie.

http://www.necan.gov.np/Australia_map.jpg

http://www.world-guides.com/images/canberr...aerial_home.jpg

http://www.iho-ohi.org/wp-content/canberra...ament-house.jpg

Eh, and an old forties-era pic, no less :ermm:

NO WAY! I thought you folks are still living in monochrome there!

:P

Nope, all living color.

We DO however still have people here who pass the time belting Carpenters standards on karaoke. :lol:

I come from a town called Bury, in England. We have a 'world famous' market, which no one outside the town seems to have heard of. I actually work in a district called Upper Ramsbottom.

I'm about to move out to South Korea for 12 months.

Edited by Graham

I am a proud resident of the greatest state in the union, and by extension, the world. (I'm really only being a little snarky :P )

Houston is my base of operations, but not where I live. Though it has an extensive highway system, so I can travel 100 miles in a trip and it's no big deal. I always feel sorry for people talking about living where the nearest town is 15 miles away and it's so far. Until you've been here, you truly have no concept of Houston's size.

I'll post my hometown after out Secret Santa bit, which I suspect this is just a resource to find out our santas. :P

BTW, any one looking for information on Texas, or even if you just like getting mail from other countries, I suggest you go to TravelTex and order the 2008 Texas Travel Guide

god i LOVE texas, i have family there, and went to visit two years ago. It is B-E-A-U-TIFUL! :P

I live in the one of the worst places to live in right now, Michigan. Sterling Heights

Well, come on. Move down here. I usually don't encourage damn yankees to live in my state, but since you're a fellow minimate fan, I'll make an exception if your case.

(Just kidding! ...damn yankee. ;))

Seriously, price of living is way lower here, everything is more abundant, your job can be found down here, I'm sure. You can always live in Cut and Shoot. I's got to be better than living in Hell!

I come from a town called Bury, in England. We have a 'world famous' market, which no one outside the town seems to have heard of. I actually work in a district called Upper Ramsbottom.

*Taps foot expectantly*

Come on BHM, you're slacking fella ;)

*Taps foot expectantly*

Come on BHM, you're slacking fella ;)

Well if it helps things along... I was THIS close to making a Northstar joke :pinch:

This will take a while...

Born

3 Years

7ish Years

Hated it for a couple of years

Then back for a few

Still hated it the second time

College

1st Solo Apartment (10 months)

Bought a house moved out 4 months later

14 months

Met My Wife

Got Married

This hole should be nuked!

Now

All that in just 30 years. God I hate Indiana

This will take a while...

Born

3 Years

7ish Years

Hated it for a couple of years

Then back for a few

Still hated it the second time

College

1st Solo Apartment (10 months)

Bought a house moved out 4 months later

14 months

Met My Wife

Got Married

This hole should be nuked!

Now

All that in just 30 years. God I hate Indiana

This tickles me pink for some reason. Like a Texan stuck in Oklahoma.

Born in York, moved to Market Harborough when I was 5, then Leicester when I went to Uni, then stayed there a while working.

I now live in Kegworth, right under the flightpath for East Midlands Airport, and work in Derby.

The other important location for me is Bishop Wilton, where my Mum grew up, my Dad currently lives, and my grandparents lived during their lifetime. It's kind of the unofficial meeting place for my family and I was there last Tuesday for my Grandma's funeral.

Edited by you_will_forget

Born in York, moved to Market Harborough when I was 5, then Leicester when I went to Uni, then stayed there a while working.

I now live in Kegworth, right under the flightpath for East Midlands Airport, and work in Derby.

The other important location for me is Bishop Wilton, where my Mum grew up, my Dad currently lives, and my grandparents lived during their lifetime. It's kind of the unofficial meeting place for my family and I was there last Tuesday for my Grandma's funeral.

I'm sorry for your loss.I know what its like to lose a grandparent. It just sucks.

My prayers are with your family.

T42

this is me... Streatham, South London, UK

Streatham

absolutely awful place these days, but, y'know... it's home

i also spend a lot of time in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.... at uni

Stoke-on-Trent

amusingly the wiki page makes it look quite pleasant... sometimes it feels like The Wicker Man living there

Streatham... Wow there's a place that I've not thought of for a while, brings back memories of a girl I used to 'see' who lived there way back when...

Never spent much time there though, She'd come South or we'd go into the City... The once or twice we did hang out there it was cold, rainy and pretty grim ( South London is IMO pretty miserable when it rains and it always seemed to be raining there!), as is the british way we'd end up in some dodgy local near the station, couldn't tell you the name of the place though!

I miss British pubs :( - There is nothing in the world that even comes close!

T.

I live in Birmingham and have done all my life. I plan to go to Nottingham for uni next year.

I'm sorry for your loss.I know what its like to lose a grandparent. It just sucks.

My prayers are with your family.

T42

Thanks for your thoughts.

It wasn't as upsetting as it could be, as she's had Alzheimer's for the last 4 years, so we really lost her a while back. It was nice to see everyone though, and my brother, my cousins and I carried the coffin into and out of the church grounds.

We're becoming a bit of a "weddings and funerals" family, which is a bit of a shame.

Anyway, back to geography.

Jo

sitting at work on Christmas Eve, and having to do a full day Boxing Day as well

We're becoming a bit of a "weddings and funerals" family, which is a bit of a shame.

Yeah... so have we...

Anyway, brighter thoughts. Let's have a fun question: Be it due to weather, or strange terrain, or anything due to your location; who's house will be the most difficult for Santa to get to tonight?

I can already say that it will NOT be me. I think Santa looks foreward to Georgia. We've never given him a hard time here. And at least here he doesn't have to worry about sleighjackings like he does in South Florida (I have a teacher who was a cop in South Florida, so I know the stories.)