UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-men Origins Wolverine Minimates????

winkerbean

So i just watched the trailer last night and it got me thinking (well worrying actually) If DST make minimates of these which ones would we get...

i can see six just by the trailer

Gambit

Deadpool

Wolverine

Sabertooth

Blob

Emma Frost

4 of these we're getting in waves 25 & 26 & 1 we've got 3 versions of already which leaves Blob

so would it be a waste of time if DST made these????.... thoughts

I cant see them missing a chance of movie mates, especially a chance to pump out a wave with as many wolverines as they can.

I think the upcoming movie maybe the reason we have got 4 comic based mates in the upcoming wave. Its just comic movie mates seem more miss then hit for me its only been the IM wave that have been good in my opinion.

Yes, I see that, too, Minifiend. Thre is no real need for those mates in my opinion, beeing not a hardcore collector. Movie mates of comic characters aren't such a big win anyhow. I do like the movie IM, but I don't really care about the others DST produced. And especially in context of waves 25 and 26 there is no real need to produce them more Wolverines and Saberteeth.

I haven't seen pics of those characters yet so I shall reserve judgement. I'd love to get a Blob in any format. I'd never turn down Emma Frost :wub:

Sabretooth and Wolverine won't make for very exciting mates, and deadpool and gambit may or may not depending on how they are depicted.

Didn't DST say the X3 wave was the best selling wave? So I would think that they would want to jump on that success with the prequel.

As for the mates, I wouldn't mind seeing Blob and Gambit, they look different enough from their comic counterparts. Plus I don't know when we will ever see a Blob. I doubt Emma Frost would be a mate, I think she is just a cameo, but that isn't confirmed. So here are my guesses:

Wolverine

Sabretooth

Deadpool

Blob

Gambit

Silver Fox

Variant: Weapon X

But overall, if they would just release a Blob, I would be happy enough, I don't need a whole Wolverine wave.

Edited by Joe Hill

Didn't DST say the X3 wave was the best selling wave?

I am not intentionally being argumentative but..... they did say that?

No, it is okay to be argumentative, when I looked up a previous post, I misquoted. It was that X3 had a lower production number, so they are harder to find now. For some reason in my head, I translated that to being best sellers, but really it is just that they are more rare.

I saw the trailer too. And I think it looks kinda sucky honestly. But the characters are different enough form the comic counterparts to warrant its own wave. And there is supposedly a character called Weapon XI that Wolverin will fight at the end and will be kinda the final battle. He'll probably be in the wave if there is one.

Heads up: marvelousnews.com has photos of 4" wolverine movie figures. So if they make any mates you'll know what to expect. Enjoy. :D Sorry jumped the gun(really didn't look at pics before I posted), these are a 'comic' series with the movie title on the packaging. Guess it's a preview to the movie figures.

Edited by bilbofett

Umm is anyone else wondering what the hell Wolverine needs with a sword?? :lol:

Read the excellent Wolverine graphic novel by Frank Miller. The samurai sword is very significant there. Plus Wolverine has strong ties to Japan in general, and has used a sword on many occasions in his solo book.

Read the excellent Wolverine graphic novel by Frank Miller. The samurai sword is very significant there. Plus Wolverine has strong ties to Japan in general, and has used a sword on many occasions in his solo book.

i actually read this just yesterday, and i'd have to agree. It was pretty cool. though i couldn't tell if it was actually red or if that was sunglare. ;)

I wouldn't really mind these mates, but they'd really be unrequired at the moment.

Hugh Jackman has already hinted that a sequel will probably cover the Frank Miller stuff. Grace Park=my pick for Mariko. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Blaine Rodenbaugh:

Ok…PLEASE tell me good news here. I just saw the new Wolverine prototype, and I’m SO excited….and I’m guessing from the “hint” that there will be a whole series from the new movie out (hopefully) So my question is this…is there any possibility that you guys will make the movie figures that never got done…maybe an x3 Storm?, x3 shadow cat? movie Pyro??? PLEEEAASE!!

DSTChuck: As of now we are only planning one Marvel Select figure from the Wolverine movie. We do have some ideas for other characters from that film but we’ll have to wait and see. We do have a full spread for Minimates planned.

From the Q&A put up today by DST.

Seems we will be getting movie mates if the Q&A is to be believed, of course chuck has been known to say things in the Q&A that are later shown to be untrue... such as the 1st avengers/Thor comment.

T.

Blaine Rodenbaugh:

Ok…PLEASE tell me good news here. I just saw the new Wolverine prototype, and I’m SO excited….and I’m guessing from the “hint” that there will be a whole series from the new movie out (hopefully) So my question is this…is there any possibility that you guys will make the movie figures that never got done…maybe an x3 Storm?, x3 shadow cat? movie Pyro??? PLEEEAASE!!

DSTChuck: As of now we are only planning one Marvel Select figure from the Wolverine movie. We do have some ideas for other characters from that film but we’ll have to wait and see. We do have a full spread for Minimates planned.

From the Q&A put up today by DST.

Seems we will be getting movie mates if the Q&A is to be believed, of course chuck has been known to say things in the Q&A that are later shown to be untrue... such as the 1st avengers/Thor comment.

T.

Oh crap in a hat!!!!