UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

Rorschach's body and face is awesome, but I can see what you mean about the coat and the fedora. The hat does look quite big. I think the main problem with it is that there's too much white at the back, as Rorschach wears the fedora tilted up, with the collar touching the hat. Of course there is no minimate hat currently like this and so its not your fault.

Ich liebe dien(e or er?) Watchmen!

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rorschach's body and face is awesome, but I can see what you mean about the coat and the fedora. The hat does look quite big. I think the main problem with it is that there's too much white at the back, as Rorschach wears the fedora tilted up, with the collar touching the hat. Of course there is no minimate hat currently like this and so its not your fault.

Yeah, that's exactly the point. The coat has to be scuplted, since we don't have a tied up version yet. The fedora I used comes with the Question and cut off the hair. I already cut off a little of the head piece as well to make it fit better, lower, but it doesn't work that way. And Rorschach wearing the hat would also be the tallest of all Watchmen. :ohmy: Maybe the fedora movie Spirit comes with looks better. If not, I have to look out for another solution. I do need a Rorschach, that's for sure.

Oh, and it's "Ich liebe deine Watchmen". ("dein" would be singular and "deiner" doesn't exist.) ;)

Yeah, that's exactly the point. The coat has to be scuplted, since we don't have a tied up version yet. The fedora I used comes with the Question and cut off the hair. I already cut off a little of the head piece as well to make it fit better, lower, but it doesn't work that way. And Rorschach wearing the hat would also be the tallest of all Watchmen. :ohmy: Maybe the fedora movie Spirit comes with looks better. If not, I have to look out for another solution. I do need a Rorschach, that's for sure.

Oh, and it's "Ich liebe deine Watchmen". ("dein" would be singular and "deiner" doesn't exist.) ;)

Hey my German is only basic, and I haven't really used it in years, and the ie was just a typo. I can't wait to see your interpretation of Nite-Owl. Will he be comic based, rather than movie based?

Nice Rorschach. Really nice.

And I do indeed like Dan. In fact, he's my favorite. He kinda gives me hope that even a nonassuming nerd like me can get some action sometimes.

Is there going to be an Adrian Veidt later? Because he's my second favorite.

love your watchmen designs and mates!! docs my fav and your marv is just fantastic

can we get a miho or dwight next and you got to make a silk spectre.

Thanks! And yes, Laurie is on my list.

I can't wait to see your interpretation of Nite-Owl. Will he be comic based, rather than movie based?

Of course he's going to be comic based! :geek:

Is there going to be an Adrian Veidt later? Because he's my second favorite.

Veidt is somekind of a problem right now. I don't have really good ideas of how to customize him. But I guess I'll just have to. :P

Veidt is somekind of a problem right now. I don't have really good ideas of how to customize him. But I guess I'll just have to. :P

Aquaman hair? :huh:

Maybe you could repaint Power Man's (or Zombie Power Man's) hairpiece so you can get that headband-thing Ozzy wears in the comics.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the suggestions on Veidt. I'll see what I can get. :)

Another great one with the Comedian.

Looking back, one of the things I really love with your Dr. Manhattan is the little backdrop you made for the last photo. That's just great.

Thanks, Sham! I really like to play around with these backdrops. (Actually, the background on the third Comedian pic with the graffiti is a real backdrop, too, including that shabby Nixon poster I glued to it, but somehow it turns out to seem "just" like a virtual photoshopped background I put behind a pic of that mate.)

Infact, I'm just about to finish another backdrop for... :whistling:

I've already spoiled it and since there are several Watchmen mates customized in the last couple of days, I'm proud to add my next attempt to that pool. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

Nite Owl II

Dan Dreiberg is a wonderful and authentic character, the "fourty-year-old-virgin" kind of guy, who suffers from complexes and spends his saturday nights with an even older guy talking about the past in which he felt like a knight of the Round Table. He is the idealistic and romantic hero who tries to fit in the "real world" by suppressing his physical and mental desires for costumes and mythology as bad habits (and even regarding himself as a perverted, sick man), leaving him a sad, impotent, nostalgic, nerdy loner. No question, he is great!

I used Justice League Batman's cape and belt as well as Blue Beetle's mask as main ingredients for Nite Owl's costume. I cut off parts that I didn't need added some Milliput on the mask and used a small sheet of plastic for the iconic crescent on his belt. (I accidentally came across Blue Beetle's mask when I was looking for something to use as a base for Nit Owl's mask in the Database. (Thank God we have that institution!). That's a nice accident, because Moore as well based Nite Owl II on the Blue Beetle. :P ) For Dan himself, I used Tony Stark's hair from the Frist Avengers Golden Iron Man which has this antiquated 50ies kind of look I wanted and the head of BSG's Halo with offers a little of Dan's deadpan/sad expression. I think both work pretty well for Dan.

Nite-Owl.jpg

Nite Owl in his comic based outfit. I love the way the goggles actually magnify his eyes!

Nite-Owl-back.jpg

His back with the cape shaped like owl's wings.

Nite-Owl-Archie.jpg

Dan in his Owl Cave with covered Archie in the background.

Thank you for the compliments!

I was really glad when I found Blue Beetle's mask (and a place where I could get it. Thanks Crippler for your offer anyway!), since I had no idea how to do Nite Owls mask otherwise. At least not really satisfying with the goggles. The sculpting wasn't that easy, but it was just the third time yet I used that Milliput stuff and I liked to work with it. I'm not quite comfortable with how the backside of the mask turned out. That part going down to his shoulder blades is too bulky, but it broke when I first tryed to make it as thin as it seems to be in comic reality. Mabye attaching a sheet of plastic instead would have been a pretty good alternative. At least that's what I suggest to anybody who might try to customize his own Nite Owl II. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Since there are billions of great Watchmen customs created in the last weeks, I'm giving them a break and go for another character I wanted to customize ever since I read the book. Ladies and Gentlemen:

Spider Jerusalem

I came across the comic Transmetropolitan when I was browsing through the Empire Magazine's (controversial) top 50 characters ever list. The name Spider Jerusalem stuck in my head from the first glance and as I found out that Warren Ellis being the writer I was interested enough to buy my first copy of TM. That was last December. Now I am a fan of that big-mouthed gonzo journalist of the future. I really like the idea a journalist being the protagonist of that comic book. If you don't know him by now, here's a nice review of TM and some pics of Jerusalem; but please be aware: this comic is highly offensive against any and everything you might believe in and that in a pretty sophisticated way.

Anyway, his iconic look makes him perfect to be minimaterized although his tattoos gave me a real headache! It's not hard to find pics of Jerusalem being naked in the books, but it was still hard to find out how all of those tattoos spread over his whole body actually look like. My first idea was to draw them with a "Sharpie" directly on the mate, but the pens I found in hobby-stores here were way too big for those tiny deatils. So I started drawing them by hand with Photoshop and my pen tablet (like always) and printed them on decal paper. Unfortunatelly I had to give up on his legs, since I didn't manage to place them right. (Although I already finished the "Kiss Here" tattoo on his right buttock.) I used Chef Duff's head with the sculpted ears since i though it would look perfect as Jerusalem's bold head. (Customizers beware: When I removed Chef's printed face I found out that the head is actually white and not as usually flesh colored what I expected, since I wanted to place a clear decal on it!) The jacket belongs to movie Jim Rhodes and the bag to 24's Kim Bauer.

SJ.jpgSJ-obenohne.jpg

SJ-top.jpgSJ-back.jpg

"Spider's a dirty bastard and a moral vacuum, but you couldn't have a better friend." (Tico Cortez, TM Vol.2)

Edited by Bob Harris